The Ultimate Industrial Frame Engineering Challenge(s) - TUIFEC

• aint that much of a pain when you learned some basic coding ya can easly make the quary part moving part go smooth + ya can easly build in fail saves for example my quary has the urge to forget to place a pipe at the start with 1 command thats fixed

+ it really fix timing issues example when quary is mining the construction wont move forward because
    the program for mining is going first then the progam for pulling quary back up then the program starts to make the solar panels followed by the kk command to place pannels and then the construction can move. Just try to do that with redstone logic you probable would need a big part of ya machine for it if its even possible

btw machine has grown so big that moving it causes a serious lagg spike some secs right now ( really makes me worry i expect flames to emit from my harddisk any moment :D on the otherhand i can barbeque then)
    wondered if the lagg spike can become so big that minecraft is forced to quit ?

if so is the machine then still good for the contest (ofc it will still be able to do its job but my pc wont be able to run it construction( final part(s) would be on the main machine they will be tested on working and moveable forwards and any other test you want it to past )

• I believe imbis made his mod work better with RP/BC in a recent release, so try updating or just hooking a pipe up to the table. I also noticed that Eloraam put some of the new block IDs square in the middle of BC's range. Open up redpower/redpower.cfg and edit the offending block ids to new numbers.

I made it work better with regulators, I didn't change the output.
    To remove the crafted items, use a filter, transposer, or retriever like you would with a chest, but make sure it's connected to the top of the ACT - no other face will work.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• aint that much of a pain when you learned some basic coding ya can easly make the quary part moving part go smooth + ya can easly build in fail saves for example my quary has the urge to forget to place a pipe at the start with 1 command thats fixed

+ it really fix timing issues example when quary is mining the construction wont move forward because
    the program for mining is going first then the progam for pulling quary back up then the program starts to make the solar panels followed by the kk command to place pannels and then the construction can move. Just try to do that with redstone logic you probable would need a big part of ya machine for it if its even possible

I really just can't get my head around FORTH, having learned programming on higherlevel OOP languages. Besides, I just finished the moving platform and quarry with only redstone logic. I think I'll be fine

btw machine has grown so big that moving it causes a serious lagg spike some secs right now ( really makes me worry i expect flames to emit from my harddisk any moment :D on the otherhand i can barbeque then)

if so is the machine then still good for the contest (ofc it will still be able to do its job but my pc wont be able to run it construction( final part(s) would be on the main machine they will be tested on working and moveable forwards and any other test you want it to past )

I am also experiencing pretty large lag spikes(I have a crappy computer). I'm afraid I might not be able to finish my machine. Maybe I'll have to separate it into various sections that move next to each other.

• For the solar spam-atron, the length can go to infinity, but how wide does it have to be? Or does the machine need to spread out in two directions?

• For the solar spam-atron, the length can go to infinity, but how wide does it have to be? Or does the machine need to spread out in two directions?

Alblaka did not say anything, so I assume you only need 1 wire next to or under the solar panel.

• Does the solar spammer need to pull itself? Or can it have a ground-based pushing drive? Also, I have an interesting plan for the spammer. Massive wall of block breakers. Though I'm not sure if my computer can handle it. Also, I wish logistics pipes and BC worked... It would make this so much easier to just request the heck out of everything.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• btw machine has grown so big that moving it causes a serious lagg spike some secs right now ( really makes me worry i expect flames to emit from my harddisk any moment :D on the otherhand i can barbeque then)

How big are these lag spikes? From what I understand the program will freeze over if it is really long (like 5 seconds with no frame update) - but MCEdit for example freezes up when you do a big change/save- I just leave it for a couple of minutes until it finishes and it unfreezes.

• How big are these lag spikes? From what I understand the program will freeze over if it is really long (like 5 seconds with no frame update) - but MCEdit for example freezes up when you do a big change/save- I just leave it for a couple of minutes until it finishes and it unfreezes.

My lag spikes are about 1-2 seconds, and I've only finished the simplest part.

• lagg spike around 30 secs that it freezes and a bit laggy after for now my machine is crossing some water dont know whats it gone be when i need to activate the drill

ow yeah dont we need to like but in a energe stoarage box after placinge a bunch of solar energy
    since for example when its the solar array is 64 blocks long with out energy storage boxes i dont think the first pannell are gone be usefull for the machine since the energy loss will be to much.
    hope we dont need to transfer the energy up from low voltage to high

• We have to.

really why does the univers hate me this much and i thought i had everything figured out :pinch:

kk hope this solution maybe be used

are we allowed to have the MV to HV transformer on board or are we supposed to place one so now and then

this just came to my mind is there a way to regulate the flow of items like 8 refined iron to the left 1 to the right another 8 fowards without that the one that only needs 1 taking everything

is there anything nicer then watching ya own machine doing what its supposed to do

• Lame. Due to the bugs, I don't think this challenge is any fun. Can't use nuclear, can't wire up your machines to wires, can't place wire with deployers or assemblers...it massively limits the possibilities to make a machine that will work at all.

I think this contest should be postponed until the bugs are fixed. Or, if I fix the bugs myself, may I enter the contest and require the judges to download the patched files? Alas, fixing the e-net part would be very difficult without the real source code and comments. I'd have to implement an integrity check of the wires or something.

• it massively limits the possibilities to make a machine that will work at all.

There are bugs - yes.
    But the actual bugs do not limit you, they just make it harder - you can still do everything (except reactors on frames ).

Also note, that my deployers and assemblers can place wires and machines ( atleast this far), so that must be caused by something you did wrong at the installation. Do remember to use the updated rp2 ( pr5b1 ) and ic2 ( 1.95b ) and forge ( i am using 3.1.3.100 ).

• You can place machines, but they cannot be wrenched up. According to my testing, in order to make energy-net work, you have to replace every machine and wire in the network, OR relaunch/relog.

So perhaps I spoke too harshly. As long as you relaunch/relog every time the frame moves to a new position where IC2 machines must work from (like the solar spammer probably can accumulate a bunch of panels inside chests and then move a bunch of times all at once until it reaches a new position where it can massfab for more panels. When it comes to a stop, relaunch/relog and the massfab and the wiring system will be working correctly).

• Is it possible to get a world upload? Also, do you have a (semi) automated strategy for natural transparent blocks, tall grass, tree leaves, structures with torches/windowpanes, or do you manually remove obstructions?

I'm also working on the galactic mining vessel mark 42 challenge.
    So far : The main power source of the spaceship MUST be (at least one) Nuclear Reactor[/s]. <<< As long as Nuclear Reactors crash upon being moved with frames, this limitation does not apply. Though you may attach additional "auxilary/emergency" energy sources.
    10% - Main power source is ground based nuclear with manual transfer via lapotron. Auxiliary Geothermal for pumped lava, and solar.
    Flight mechanics need to be semi-automatic. A pilot/player merely needs to flip a switch for each directional movement, the vessel will keep moving into that direction until the switch is flipped off again.
    50% - Omnidirectional modular motor created (dubbed by me "The Wonkavator"). Crude control panel that meats no criterion implemented for testing/use, needs to be replaced.
    (De)Activation of miners does NOT need to be automatized. //especially if you consider the enet bug.
    100% (25% of personal goal) - Full functionality requires relogging after completing a move. I do have a mining rig that meets requirements, but I would like to improve it and make it modular so I can add more mining capacity, minimum 4 miners, and reducing need for direct interaction as much as possible.

The spaceship must be capable of landing/starting in a realistic fashion (f.e. by landing on leg-like appendages). Bonus points if you are able to expand/retract the landing pads via frames.
    0% - I have poured water off the side of it for access.
    The refinery complex needs to be capable of fully processing any sort of Ore, as well as storing or recycling any sort of material thrown into the system. As all refinery designs, it must contain a manual input (usually a chest) for players to dump any stuff in.
    0% - haven't started on refinery

Here is my entry so far. Link valid only until may 9 2012. http://www.filefactory.com/fil…hq9/n/1_2_5_with_mods_zip

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• you guys are overthinking the whole block breaker thing on the solar spammer. A much easier thing to do is to just use a template table to make a template of AIR that is the same size (horizontally and vertically with a 1-block depth) as the machine and then have pipes cycle the template into a builder that sits at the front of the machine. Apply redstone to a fueled steam-engine and wait the maximum time it would take to clear out the entire space in front and then your good to go. Additionally you should experiment with what fuel sources you can make out of uu-matter for the steam engine and see which one gives you the most total burn time for the amount of uu-matter used (hint hint)

Also unless im missing something it is impossible to make a foolproof blockbreaker array that can clear the path of the solar spammer due to the need to have redstone and frames all connected to it at the same time

• Official Post

Also unless im missing something it is impossible to make a foolproof blockbreaker array that can clear the path of the solar spammer due to the need to have redstone and frames all connected to it at the same time

Its possible to make that but costs two additional Framemotors (For LEFT->RIGHT->LEFT...-moving).