Where did enchanting go?

• ^Basically what the title says.

I read in the Wiki once that you could enchant your (diamond) drill, but that's gone now. Was it ever/is it going to be a possibility?

• Its away since IC²-Stuff uses NBT-Tags for storing Energy in Tools, Armors and Batteries INSTEAD of enchantments.

Nein, NBT tags according to alblaka is a magical infinite reusable Eco-friendly coding property that allows an item to be as awesome as they want it to be (Also cause stuff to not stack and other shenanigans).

Enchantments in Electrical tools was deemed either stupid and senseless since technology and magic usually never mix together (Depends on whoever is doing the mixing), or simply because it was too op to be left alive.

• Official Post

Nein, NBT tags according to alblaka is a magical infinite reusable Eco-friendly coding property that allows an item to be as awesome as they want it to be (Also cause stuff to not stack and other shenanigans).

Enchantments in Electrical tools was deemed either stupid and senseless since technology and magic usually never mix together (Depends on whoever is doing the mixing), or simply because it was too op to be left alive.

I just thought it was removed, because the Enchantment-NBT is not compatible with the IC²-NBT (and of course for removing the Magic).

• It was removed a while back, initially the enchantment was an unintended/unwanted effect.
    Because honestly it would be OPed as all hell since getting an enchantment that doubles drops would be insane since a Diamond Drill never wears outs so there is never any loss unlike with a Normal Pickaxe.. and also instead of getting 2 ores you would be getting effectively 4 with macerating.

• How about enchantable, infinite-use iridium tools?

I hope that that's a joke Al. That would be TOO OP.

(Although, I wouldn't be opposed to iridium tools, give us more of a reason to use the Mass Fab aside from the Qsuit)

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

buff! buff! buff! buff! :thumbup: or at least make it easy to enchant into an unbreakable item (thats like what unbreaking ix? x?)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

Would rather have a nano-based 'Augment System' that's similar to enchanting, but depletes over time and forces you to 're-augment' once your initial nanobot 'batch' has been used up... Somewhat similar to how electric tools 'discharge' and such, but idk if you could code something like that into a custom-based enchant system like that...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• blend tech and magic make an electric nano bot enchanter :D

tech provides the tools magic provides the "programming"

• Lol, didn't anyone smell the sarcasm?

three words "magic nano bots". now silence this heathen my pets!

...triple-dog-dare you...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Would be quite nice to see, though i think they should be made from excessive amounts of super-components. Up the cost a lot. :). Just my two cents.

• Would be quite nice to see, though i think they should be made from excessive amounts of super-components. Up the cost a lot. :). Just my two cents.

Yes do it plates or ore as tool head and diamonds as the handle and give them a special ability like the dark mater and red mater tool from ee :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium:

You two need to find a better sarcarsm detector.

• You two need to find a better sarcarsm detector.

I see sarcasm as a brick wall, a brick wall that is just begging me to run headlong into it at top speed :rolleyes: