Quantum- and Nano-Helmet suggestion.

• The advanced HUD should be implemented on: 29

1. Both Suits (10) 34%
    2. Both Helmets (Without needing the entire suit) (6) 21%
    3. Only The Quantum Suit (5) 17%
    4. Only the Quantum Helmet (Without needing the entire suit) (4) 14%
    5. The Advanced HUD Should NOT Be Implemented (4) 14%

Quantum- and Nano-Suits are very useful items. However, these items should have another function to offset their expensive costs. If these helmets added a better HUD when combined with a full suit of the respective type, they would be more worthwhile. I mean, they already have the blue visor covering the face, why not make it do something? Perhaps the energy table for a full suit would be combined and implemented into a single "energy bar" in the new hud. (The items of the entire suit would all share the same amount of energy in their usage bar. This would then use energy from each item evenly, depleting them at the same rate. This amount of energy that is equal between the items would then be displayed in a green bar on screen, indicating the amount of power left in the suit.) The new hud would possibly add a small minimap to the top right corner. The Nano-Suit could have a matte black or sleek black theme while the Quantum-Suit would be able to have a Chrome or Silver theme. The Quantum-Suit would also feature a selective ore detector that consumes power at a decent rate when active. I dont know if this is all possible, but it would be an amazing feature to implement. Also, please note that the suit would have to be a complete set of its respective theme to have this activated. I think this may be a viable idea to offset the extreme cost of making these suits, sepecially the Quantum-Suit. Thanks for reading and please leave comments below if you are interested in this. Happy mining.

Edit 6-3-12: Perhaps the Ore Detector is a bit OP... However, the Nano-Suit could have a regular AHUD (Advanced HUD) without a minimap and the Quantum-Suit would have an A-HUD with a motion detector. Then there would be no OP Ore Detector... Perhaps the screen could even tint grey and turn blurry or fuzzy when all of the suit's power was drained...

• It would be cool if it was like in this video, with quantum showing more information than nano.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• until thaumcraft showed off its fancy goggles huds were believed to be impossible/impractical to implement. of course now things are a different story

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• You know that all the Minimaps, which were in Minecraft ALPHA, had that functionality BEFORE.

hud tided to wearing a piece of armor i mean

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I'd say that the energy bar is on both, but the minimap is only on quantum. It should also have entityradar like REI's does.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• So becoming practically inmortal, immune to most natural hazards, Super jumps, Super Speed, Unlimited underwater breathing and Food Bar replenishment is not enough to off-set the expensiveness of the quantum suit? i loled.

It's not OP. Yes, it's super strong, but not OP due to the cost. We need 40 Iridium for the entire Quantum suit, whitch cost 40 x 7 = 240 UU-Matter. This is 240.000.000 EU.

• Never said anything about being op, im saying that the price is well justified considering everything the suit does.

Also: Balance through "Expensive" recipes i will always consider it as mock of the act, since everything in minecraft its relatively easy to adquire and relatively unlimited for the amount of Land/Chunks the game can produce. I "Hardly" consider the recipe for the Quantum armor to be "Just Right", because for getting it you need to be clever in how you obtain your energy for UU-Matter, so they are several "Layers" of stuff/task that you must adquire/perform before getting the suit, making it well worth it.

• Meh, cool idea, but a minimap is OP and a HUD could get annoying after a while. Plus, this would probably need BaseFiles to implement

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Minimaps, especially ones that show entities, are way overpowered, because they show you if a creeper is sneaking up on you. Honestly, the Quantum Suit is fine as it is and maybe an optional HUD would be fine, but I'm against any real "benefits" , like minimaps or showing OV (Ore Value).

Haikus are poems

Potato

• I think a minimal without entities or ore values would be ok, I would love to see the charge bar of various ic2 items when the crosshairs is over, but I doubt it will ever happen

• Official Post

Minimaps, especially ones that show entities, are way overpowered, because they show you if a creeper is sneaking up on you. Honestly, the Quantum Suit is fine as it is and maybe an optional HUD would be fine, but I'm against any real "benefits" , like minimaps or showing OV (Ore Value).

I'm using a Minimap WITH entityradar, you won't believe how often a Creeper sneaks up behind me and BOOM.

• I'm using a Minimap WITH entityradar, you won't believe how often a Creeper sneaks up behind me and BOOM.

Yes, but it shouldn't tell you anything you can't find out otherwise. I'm cool with elevation, and maybe even coords and light level, because you can get them from F3. I am opposed to minimap's, however.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• Virtual reality suggested already.
    Also if you want HUD on non-dedicated armor, some switch needed to toggle it.
    Data shown should be provided by some "sensors" so no bird-view maps. Coords are no problem.
    May be some telescope ability. May be with chunk loading properties.
    How about visible pointer to the sound source. Configurable to avoid lag.

• Sorry for dusting out this thread, but got some thought about it. Maybe I will code such thing for IC2, don't know...
    But.
    Advanced HUD sounds nice, but in reality there are mods that do most of that stuff. I rather would see a 3 tiered fetures (nano, quantum, graviton(something to that armor [Addon v1.97] Gravitation Suite v1.2 ! [SSP/SMP])).

Night vision, cause pontions are passe.... For nano, quantum, and gratitation helmets. Consume 1 EU per sek.
    Waypoints - this is more tricky. There should be a craftable item (like redstone torch) that we put, named it (like sign), and on quantum, and gravitation helmets would show on. No power consumption. Still, this is supreme nice since I have natural ability to get lost even in my own base...
    Map is something nice, but a minecraft maner map. So it would only show terrain where we went. Not a radar like thing. Also for nano, quantum, and gravitation helmets.
    I like to see a ore detector (actually I would see something like x-ray, but for a range of 4-5 blocks, ores would be just highlighted not shown via textures). 1000 UE/sek or more.
    Something another nice I would be an enemy detector. In vision would outline enemies on red, and when enemy is not on our screen then would just show something ike we see in battlefield when they shoot in us. This would also cost some EU.

Extended wather breathing would be also nice for quantum, and graviton helmets.

Main problem with quantum suit is that people don't really need it. It is just a way to utilize all that UUM comming from mass fabricators. I personally play with lappack, metoer boots (from thaumcraft), and apiarists helmet, and leggins from forestry (cause bees are awesome). I discover gravitation suite yeasterday, and think that that idea is awesome. And a good opportunity to make some room in chests, cause it costs a lot. (I think that I done second time quantum armor). Nano suit I used when IC2 was really new to me (and had only RP2, and BC installed at that time), cause I didn't know what to do with all that coal. But I wasn't impressed by nano suite, since it don't do a lot. Quantum armor was more for me. Leggins especially, cause it give that wonderfull speed. But helmet, boots, armor was pretty the same as nano.

I think that if quantum suite would give more content with it it would be more appriciated. But not OP content, like most of EE items does. I think that some features would be really nice. for example. If you have full suite on, then when in lava it could protect from lava for a short duration depending on energy left in whole suite. (max 10 sek on full batteries), the same with nano, but for much lesser time (for 4 sek max).

I would like to see quantum/gravitation suite give similiar abillities as nano suite from Crysis (especially from second cause it could be customized). That is another idea. Quantum/Gravitation suite could have a GUI to place upgrades similiar to thouse from MFFS. better jumps, seed, bonus to dmg, invisibility (freaking awesome on SMP), players tracking (that would be rather impossible in MC (without massive codding), as entities don't leave a trace, they are only are vetored in position), visions from AvP (similiar, newest batmat), and so on. To be honest it's all about making proper cost of features, and having ideas for more of them.

Now is why I wrote this post. I wanted to write a little mod that would give on HUD info about how much energy I have in tools (wih lappack), and armor how much energy it has, arrows left in inventory and so on. Little things. And I checked on this forum to see if there is such mod, cause I was watching this forum for a time now. And there is such mod, and for me is just not enought, and suggestion to make items do such things is greate.

PS. EU, MJ, Vis, and RP2 reader integrated in helmets is just awesome. Similiar to ThaumCraft googles of revealing. Have to see if IC2, and BC API provide such info/feature.