How do YOU deal with Thaumcraft Taint?

• For some reason I keep finding this stuff in MASSIVE patches in lovely spots in my Minecraft world :cursing:. I simply put a wall up yet that area becomes filled with Tainted Creatures. I wanna know, how do YOU deal with Taint?

• How the shnikes is this guy posting and his post count is still zero?

On topic, I'd usually bar off the area with Totems of the Dawn if I got 'em, then use the combination mentioned above to remove taint (happens too frequently in deserts, more than usual... Let me check my settings...)

• Well, when removing taint, you'd have to try and lower the taint levels down to numbers lower then 1500. If you do, then the taint slowly vanishes. Basically, I'd just use the vis condensers, concetrated evil, and tainted crystals, but if possible, I'd slap on a Quicksilver core, or a singularity core. The taint would go to thaumium reinforced tanks for extra storage, while it's being pumped through purifier loops. And if I find that I don't have silverwood trees? I'd settle for filter stacks.

The only problems I'd face when cleaning up taint, (aside from tainted creatures) is dealing with gas pods that spew out taint. Especially if the chunk below has a lot of caves and open areas. One area I found, had a mineshaft, and taint was everywhere down there. The battle against taint can be below as well. Even worse though, is the fact at on top of that chunk, is a jungle. So I'm usually split between checking an eye above ground, and checking up underground.

On a side note, what CREATES tainted aura? For some reason, some chunk in my home keeps generating taint in the aura. Quite a lot actually. I have... maybe 19 Totems of Dawn in that area, and the taint still manages to exist in the aura. It's really starting to worry me. It's added about 250 taint to the chunk. Thankfully, it has a long ways to go, since I had drained the taint from the area once. I think it might be because of a tainted batch of crystals, so I might just use a quarry to wipe out the chunk to remove those crystals.

Correct me if I am wrong about tainted crystals. I really don't want to create a giant pit of shadows underneath my home.

• TC3, as you may have seen from Direwolf, spawns wisps to reduce flux (the new taint). Problem is, an aura node was right inside my storage room, so when doing magic, I have to fight lots of wisps spawned inside there while doing magic. Luckily, a recent update to add [REDACTED] required a change in the aura generation algorithm + regeneration of aura nodes, and the node moved a little further away.

• TC3, as you may have seen from Direwolf, spawns wisps to reduce flux (the new taint). Problem is, an aura node was right inside my storage room, so when doing magic, I have to fight lots of wisps spawned inside there while doing magic. Luckily, a recent update to add [REDACTED] required a change in the aura generation algorithm + regeneration of aura nodes, and the node moved a little further away.

Ah yes, [DATA EXPUNGED] looks like it will make a good addition to an already great mod!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Is it just me or the new taint system is way less fun than the old one?

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Is it just me or the new taint system is way less fun than the old one?

I don't know, as i don't play TC, but it's definitely ████████ ████.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

I don't know, as i don't play TC, but it's definitely ████████ ████.

Are you sure? Word from Azanor is that it will be █████, and a little bit ████████ but I heard from the Minecraft forums that it might be something dealing heavily with the concepts of [DATA EXPUNGED] and Thaumcraft 2's system, in which case it should prove to be interesting.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l