[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Wolf : first of all, your tin numbers are either wrong or you are using multiple mods to generate tin. I've mined much larger areas than a single quarry can cover and have gotten a lot less tin using Tekkit. In that modpack, only IC2 is allowed to generate tin.

Second, the fusion reactor is not worth it for the iridium production because you have to spend 300 hours before it even pays for the iridium used to construct it. (ignoring the mountains of other resources needed)

On the other hand, a lame geothermal generator spam farm doesn't require any iridium. That's "only" 204 geothermal generators : could spam that in a couple days.

• Official Post

Okay, i made Supercondensators usefull. 32768EU/t at 1000000EU/p are now the Output of the Reactor.

@Lagmachine: Fixed. And it wasnt Animationlag, it was Packetlag.

Does it mean total output has been increased or will consume fuel muuuch faster?

• Official Post

It will last longer AND you get more EU/t.

Although i still would like if you made a way to use Deuterium/Tritium liquids in pipes (or electric translocators) instead of tin cells
    OR make fusion reactors output empty cells. [Fusion reactor extracts liquids from cells then outputs them in a separate storage or a nearby chest/pipe/translocator/whatever you think]
    Anyway. Hmm... but i guess it is still not worth making tincells from UUM to fuel reactor.

• It will last longer AND you get more EU/t.

Then in my mind Energy cost for starting the reaction should also be increased (maybe up to 200 000 000 EU), because if you've the ressources needed to get the fusion reactor, you won't probably be stopped by 200 000 000 EU. And with that current cost, you would need a very few seconds to get energy benefits.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Then in my mind Energy cost for starting the reaction should also be increased (maybe up to 200 000 000 EU), because if you've the ressources needed to get the fusion reactor, you won't probably be stopped by 200 000 000 EU. And with that current cost, you would need a very few seconds to get energy benefits.

And allow fusion reactor to accept Any voltage (From lightning rods, other reactors, anything!)

• Official Post

Additional Slots? Meh.

V2.06b
    Fusionreactor outputs empty Cells in the same Slot as the regular Output, you just have to grab it automatically.
    Fusion is buffed, 2 times longer and 8 times more Energy. Now you need a Supercondensator to run it properly.
    Added small Dusts of pretty much everything. 4 of them make a full one. Some of them even have special Recipes.

Edit: MONSTERDERP @IndutrialCraft-Section.

• I know it's an offtopic question and I apologize, but is there any way to follow along with this mod ? I mena is there any way to see when a new version is released?

• @Greg

Discovered a Bug with your Industrial Electrolyzer.
    When changing dimension back and forth, it appears as advanced machine block, still works, but not at all displays its inventory (you can still take and put from the inventory).
    Mining it and re-placing makes it work again.

Edit :
    Another bug, neither Ruby Dust, Sapphire Dust, Enderpearl Dust or Endereye Dust works as amplifier for the matterfab

• I know it's an offtopic question and I apologize, but is there any way to follow along with this mod ? I mena is there any way to see when a new version is released?

Yes, download a fresh copy right before you start to play and install it and experiment.

Or you can read thru the 10+ new pages on this thread but where's the fun in that.

This also happens if you leave your base (~200 meters or so) and return even if there is World anchor keeping it running.

• Hello Greg, i have one bug o forever xd

I crash when see recipe for interdimensinal in nei. Any solution?

I have enderstorege installed of course

• Official Post

@Wolfenstein: Happens sometimes with all Metatileentites on SLOW Computers and laggy Clients. Please explain the "not at all displays its inventory (you can still take and put from the inventory)"-Part. Is it just invisible Items? If yes, then i have that Problem sometimes, as Clients are a little bit async and i dont know how to fix that Problem.

@Amplifier: Are you sure that the Matterfabricator has enough Energy to do it?

@NewVersions: Look how i post Changelogs together with Versionnumbers to keep you up to Date. I could do it like Chickenbones and not notify you at all about an important Update or Bugfix.

@Enderstorage: Do an Update of both.

• Add a way to remove tin cell cost to use fusion reactor, that would be a very significant buff.
    Maybe :
    I. Centrifuge + pump combo -> produce Liquid Deuterium (internal storage) and Liquid Tritium (Produced only when Deuterium internal storage is full) and allow Electric translocator to transfer liquids.
    Liquid can be transfered using buckets if player wants to automate with RedPower [or even with electric translocators].
    Even BC (later RP) liquid pipes integration.

The only thing i hate about the idea of electric translocators moving liquid, is the fact that you would have to power every single one, and it would only have one output, so that would be a pain.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• ~
    @NewVersions: Look how i post Changelogs together with Versionnumbers to keep you up to Date. I could do it like Chickenbones and not notify you at all about an important Update or Bugfix.
    ~

You could also include some code in your mod to tell you when a update is released as well, but that might piss people off considering how fast you release updates.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Refinements on my "minerals from Water" idea:

Have a multi block system with the following sections:

One section collects the water from a large pool

A second section Which accepts the water and charges extraction fibers based on the amount of water received.

A third section which accepts water from the first one to supply water for filling cells/buckets/etc.

The first section is to allow for a large multi block assembly for collecting the water itself. This could be like the miner, where it needs to send a pipe down (say 3-5 blocks), then have the pipe spread out a bit underneath (say another 2-3 out), to ensure that a large body of water is used. The pipe would only be able to be sent into a water source block.

(optional, allow this to be rotated so that the collection area is above it, make it look cool for underwater constructions extracting from the water above, sorta like Hydras http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydra_(genus) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube-dwelling_anemone).

The second section could be made to require either huge amounts of water, so would need a very large system feeding it, or could be made to take a very long time to extract, so would need many of them to get anything useful.

The third section was just added to give explanation for where the water goes after, as well as a faster way to fill cells with water.\

On the Fibers:

The main goal of this idea is to provide an end game supply of resources which does not involve tossing scrap boxes at a wall. So, the extraction Fibers should be non-consumed, or be renewable. What could be done, is have them be rather expensive to make, then have a special coating for them make them specific to a set of minerals to extract from the water. Then have the full versions go into the centrifuge and turn into the empty version and the dusts that they collect. This would allow for three dusts per fiber, so each of the stage 2 devices above would be able to acquire three types of mineral.

Reason why this is "end game":

If you have the fibers produce the smaller bits of dust to have this efficiently produce materials would require a large infrastructure of automation to pull the full fibers out, send them to the centrifuge, then move the full ones back. To get any useful minerals would normally be faster to just mine them, so this would only be helpful after most of the local environment has been mined out. This would provide a continuous (albeit slow) supply of the materials useful for the current greg=tech stuff, such as uranium for getting more wolfram dust from, and lithium for making tritium (if that happens) or for making iridium (with the wolfram).

• Official Post

@DesyncOnChunkUnload: I finally found a semi-fixing Method for that, Rightclicking on the Block fixes the Clientside Glitch for that Block and makes anything working properly (It worked properly before, but only Serverside). I would now upload 2.06c, but I'm currently running on GPRS due to bad wheater or whatever is interrupting my LTE-Signal, and that slowness would corrupt the uploaded zipfile.

• Greg, I found a client bug for the fusion reactor.I give it power, it fills to 999,999 then goes down to 989,000 and generates power without fusing anything.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• I put again my question : I'am stuck with a few diamond block, that i can't craft back in diamond. Is there a way to make diamond from diamond dust, or from diamond ? unfortunaly, i don't use only this mod, so, diamond are still usefull.

And sorry if someone as answer my question previously, have not seen it.

Thanks a lot.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• There doesn't seem to be a way to uncraft diamond, ruby, emerald and sapphire blocks back to gems in the default config. Intentional?

Edit: Also the centrifuge doesn't seem to display its progress accurately for long-running recipes in SMP.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.