[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• A "team" is usually a group of people all coding on a mod or game , but i dont know about a group of people hamging out in a thread is a "team"

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• What did I? You claim i did make an own ID-Resolver if Forge already has one, which i can freely use? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Huh?

Now, I'm confused!

Since when Forge can resolve ids?

What will happen if I try to use over 100+ mods with multiple block and item ids?

What will happen if I want to use modloader mods as well?

I know this question is kinda off-topic but I always go crazy with mods and I wouldn't want to suddenly abort many of the mods I like!XD

• The industrial centrifuge doesn't work right. Despite all centrifuging recipes being enabled in the config, the machine doesn't centrifuge soulsand, rubberwood and most of the other stuff. Only thing i've been able to centrifuge was endereye dust.

• u

The industrial centrifuge doesn't work right. Despite all centrifuging recipes being enabled in the config, the machine doesn't centrifuge soulsand, rubberwood and most of the other stuff. Only thing i've been able to centrifuge was endereye dust.

try to put cells or cans into the upper left slots

• Official Post

If you install ALL THE Forge-ID-Resover-Compatible MODS at ONCE, then you will have no Problems, with ID-Conflicts. I removed the ID-Resolver-blockade in this Version

V2.08b:
    Added electric Blast Furnace. You may see, how to build it inside its GUI.
    Fixed baturinskys strange Bug, with the middle Blocks of the Grinder. The Water was the problem, obviously as soon as you Block-Update Water/Lava it gets another ID to indicate that it should now move/flow, and I didnt check for these additional Block-Update-ID's.

• It just feels incredible strange to being able to build almost anything but not the mining-drill, since only the electric tools really require Steel as a ressource.

I don't agree with RailCraft requiring Blaze for blast furnace to make steel. That's incredibly hard to have it soon, (past 3 hours last time, most of them looking for a fortress....)
    That's why, actually, when i start a new game, i give only one thing to myself : 2 blaze rod.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• OK, I was hesitating if I should drag this discussion along, but I have one question to ask (and then I will be gone):

Suppose I made a mod that adds some stuff. Suppose I uploaded it here. Suppose I then added some code that, if GregTech was installed along, changed the recipe for fusion reactor to be made of sticks and leaves (a stupid example, I know, but hopefully you get my drift). I, of course, would add an option to a config file to allow users to disable this recipe. But (and here's my question) would you stand indifferent to it? Wouldn't it bothered you at least slightly that someone makes a mod that, by default, completely changes the way your mod plays? I'm just curious.

Actually, if I know anything about you from 106 pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure you would either check if my hypothetical mod is enabled (and crash Minecraft then MinecraftChicken ) or otherwise block recipe changing. :whistling: I don't doubt you've got the coding skills to do that. 8)

I hope I won't be regarded as the hate-spreader or flamer (because that's not my intention here). All I ask for is some regard for someone-else's work (Mojang doesn't count, though; they all gave us Minecraft to rape it with mods :P ).

• u

try to put cells or cans into the upper left slots

Tried it and now the centrifuge does begin to spin but the whole stack soulsand for excample is instantly gone, the progress bar is slightly raised but after that even when i give it a new stack and empty can or empty cells it doesnt do anything.

EDIT: never mind........... it's not a bug its a feature........... the centrifuge worked so incredibly slow i thought it didn't operate at all............ i m very sorry for wasting time of you're life oh boy do i feel stupid :pinch:

• All mod change all the game/other mods, even if they don't want to. When IC2 make a mining laser or diamong drill, it change the way you play for the game, and for each other mods. When Buildcraft offer a "quarry" this completly change all the receipe, because it made all thing easier to obtain. The Redpower Blockbreadker/ComputerCraft Mining Turtle offer quick cobblestone for "free"... and so. Stop thinking that modders can alter the way people play. For myself, i don't install Equivalent Exchange, because i was thinking making anything from nothing is not the way i wan't to play. And for Solar energy i cut output by 16 (the HL compact solar making for me 32EU/t instead of 512EU/t).

You can choose wich add-on/mod you use, and config it to play how you want. So don't think a Mod will break another mod, People have the choice, always. So if a Modder want to redo some other mod receipe, he can of course, that make no sense to think that all modder allows themself to mod/break/transform all "vanilla" items, but not other mods items.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.

• Suppose I made a mod that adds some stuff. Suppose I uploaded it here. Suppose I then added some code that, if GregTech was installed along, changed the recipe for fusion reactor to be made of sticks and leaves (a stupid example, I know, but hopefully you get my drift). I, of course, would add an option to a config file to allow users to disable this recipe. But (and here's my question) would you stand indifferent to it? Wouldn't it bothered you at least slightly that someone makes a mod that, by default, completely changes the way your mod plays? I'm just curious.

That's a pretty extreme example, from what I can tell there are only 4 major differences in the way that IC2 plays (5 with Railcraft) when GregTech is installed. 1. Macerator now requires diamonds (I am extremely unlucky in finding diamonds as I always have been) 2. MatterFabricator replaces Mass Fabricator and requires 100 times more EU 3. Going along with that last point, a lot of iridium (as immibis has pointed out) must be acquired before any real progress can be made 4. Ease of upgrading energy storage units, if I wanted to do it, by mining in an ocean biome I could make an MFSU immediately, however the tech tree remains balanced due to the upped cost of UU-Matter, and 5 with Railcraft installed, the need to obtain steel before anything can be done with mining drills and other devices. While all of these are indeed major changes, 4 of them have config values to turn them off. In the end, what is Minecraft modding? It is about playing Minecraft the way that you want to play it, and to a lesser extend, extending the endgame. GregTech lets you have a mod that adds a crapload of stuff that extends endgame really far out, and Greg is not stupid; he recognized early on that his not everything in his mod was everyone, that is why the mod has a config file, if you don't like a feature, you can just turn that feature off.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I think most people forget some vanilla Mechanics while playing with Mods.

Enchanting

Especially Fortune 3 is the most epic one. I usually get a Stack of Diamonds after 1 hour of mining (don't froget the Lapis, Iron, etc...)
    So who cares when the freaking macerator costs 3 Diamonds... ^^

• Re: modders modding each other mods

Gameplay experience changes with every mod they install, more with some than others. I think it's ridiculous to expect that each mod only changes vanilla MC and at best is kind-of compatible with other mods. Telling others to stop extending their stuff is just mindbogglingly arrogant and preventing innovation.

What Gregtech has done is, in my opinion, something extremely awesome. He has taken some pretty good basic ideas and made them even better by actually making different mods work well together instead of simply being alternative and completely independent ways to reach the same goal.

Instead of bitching about it modders should concentrate on improving their stuff or even better, working together with other modders so that their mods would work even better together. I'm not talking about stuff like converting power from one system to another but actually making machines from one mod useful for some other. E.g Mystcraft portals + railcraft transportation is one such example, though it works automatically anyway. It's just an example how a feature added by one mod can greatly increase the amount of options and fun-value in other mods.

• Having made mods, (Not for MC but for D2, BF1942, HL1) I have had people make plugins some of which made things really easy. It didn't really bother me. I kindof liked the fact that other people are getting into modding.

• While always in the need of Silicon Cell, i was wondering how to have more ;) I've seen some receipe coming from "red Garnet" and "Yellow Garnet". Is they GregTech Stuff or do they come from another mod i have not installed ? Thanks a lot for your help.

• Official Post

If someone would do that, it would not really bother me. I made this Mod to be Fun for ME, and thought if I like it, then I should maybe share it with others. :D
    I made an API-like-thingy to make modding with my Addon possible, so guess what I think about it.

INFO: Migrated Liquid code to the new Forge API. Bonus, now supporting Redpower liquid pipes.
    http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Version+History+%28Info%29
    Is this mean, no need for BC anymore?
    When RP2 will go out, of course…

What? That will make it easier to store Liquids in Quantum-Chest-Like Storages, without having to use broken BC.

Just in case i don't figure it out myself shortly:

How do i increase the temperature of the blast furnace?

ok, nvm figured it out, replace standard casing with more advanced type

Exactly. Heat Capacity depends on 2 things first being the Casing and second being *beeeeeep*.

While always in the need of Silicon Cell, i was wondering how to have more I've seen some receipe coming from "red Garnet" and "Yellow Garnet". Is they GregTech Stuff or do they come from another mod i have not installed ? Thanks a lot for your help.

Mine Ruby or other Ores not with the Rock Cutter (or better with a Fortune Pick if you like Magic), and you get a chance to receive Garnet. Scrapboxing and using the Grinder are also good ways to do so. Garnet was supposed to be a Way to make Terrafirmacraft a bit more compatible, but its almost impossible to install it on an already existing Modsetup, so I left that Mterial in the Game.

• What? That will make it easier to store Liquids in Quantum-Chest-Like Storages, without having to use broken BC.

You ... planned this ? That would be awesome! (not that the rest isn't, but I knew it has to be ... here I'm surprised, because, for the first time ever, you'll add something I didn't think about :D)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how to use the industrial blast furnace? (Yes I've built it as suggested by the GUI), I tried putting iron and charcoal into it but nothing happen..

EDIT: nvm, found it.. I didn't check the other steel ingot in NEI..