[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Does that silence means "no, I didn't see any interest with your suggestions" ? Np, I've still tons of suggestions for you :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

As i previously said, i play with a 1/16 factor in Solar power. Be sure to let us "config" it ;)

Another thing i want to said, is that now i have not build any centrifuge. Are they still usefull ? are they obsolette ?

Do you have NEI or a Computer Cube? Look at the Recipes and decide yourself.

MatLaPatate: tl;dr

That was a joke. I read it, but there is no need to throw Walls of Text at me.

• That was a joke. I read it, but there is no need to throw Walls of Text at me.

No need for you. I quite like it, because it seems you're implementing 70% of what I've always dreamted about IC², so why not trying others ? ^^ Even if you won't implement it one day, I have fun while imagining new devices ^^
    (and yes, that's again a lot of "^^")

Edit:

That was a joke.

Aha, fat chance. Anyway ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Why would you want to use a blast furnace to melt aluminium? based on its physical and chemical properties using an induction furnace would be a much better idea.

relevant physical properties: Low melting point (<1000K), fairly Conductive.
    relevant chemical properties: Highly reactive, so induction furnace is easier to arrange the needed inert atmosphere.

Related suggestion: Maybe have another easy to obtain inert gas (say argon extracted from air) to use in the second slot of the blast furnace as an atmosphere for smelting of reactive metals into bars (aluminium being one of the more common very reactive metals)

Suggestion on how to obtain said argon: Compress/chill air cells to get liquid air cells then put the air cells into a fractional distiller to get nitrogen, oxygen and argon cells (or just extract it). (you might even be able to assume that the minecraft atmosphere has more argon than earth, so get more argon than the normal 1%)

Edit: as it currently is the aluminium seems to take a bit too long to smelt, given it's melting point it should smelt much faster than the other metals in the furnace

• Forgive me if I'm repeating something someone's already said but reading through 20 + pages of a thread isn't a fun prospect... :wacko:
    Got a industrial grinder set up, grinding ores down fine an all until they stacks get halfway done and the process grinds to a halt and stutters. It takes in another dust and water cell and the progress bar then just flickers near the beginning and doesn't move, it keeps flickering like it wants to move but doesn't. basically I lose 1 dust each/ore and a water cell and am forced to break the block to reset it. It's rather annoying seeing how a lot of the stuff to make more advanced stuff is made inside this machine. It seems to happen when the player closes the GUI and reopens it to check the progress.

Now I might be a bit behind and it could have been fixed already I just want confirmation since I just updated it and was wondering if something is amiss.

• Forgive me if I'm repeating something someone's already said but reading through 20 + pages of a thread isn't a fun prospect... :wacko:
    Got a industrial grinder set up, grinding ores down fine an all until they stacks get halfway done and the process grinds to a halt and stutters. It takes in another dust and water cell and the progress bar then just flickers near the beginning and doesn't move, it keeps flickering like it wants to move but doesn't. basically I lose 1 dust each/ore and a water cell and am forced to break the block to reset it. It's rather annoying seeing how a lot of the stuff to make more advanced stuff is made inside this machine. It seems to happen when the player closes the GUI and reopens it to check the progress.

Now I might be a bit behind and it could have been fixed already I just want confirmation since I just updated it and was wondering if something is amiss.

check your power going to it, if it does not get the full 128EU/t it will act like your description. what might be happening is you are draining your storage (why it works fine at first), and your production is not keeping up (so it stops working after storage is empty)

• hey greg could you add the possibility to allow MatterFabricator and MassFabricator both at the same time with the same "amplifier need for UU" ?

i know this question is stupid enough... but by allowing the MatterFab you automaticaly, disable massfab. even if ic2 recipes: Massfabricator:true

i dont ask it bcouse i like the Massfab, its just a simple question..

I think the flickering is the indication that you don't have enough energy (constant 128 eu/t) flowing to the said controller box..

• First, thanks for this mod, it really seems awesome :D been messing around with it in creative, cant wait until RP2 comes out and can start a new world with it :)

hey greg could you add the possibility to allow MatterFabricator and MassFabricator both at the same time with the same "amplifier need for UU" ?

i know this question is stupid enough... but by allowing the MatterFab you automaticaly, disable massfab. even if ic2 recipes: Massfabricator:true

i dont ask it bcouse i like the Massfab, its just a simple question..

Same thing actually crossed my mind. It would also be great, if these two machines could be both enabled with different configurable EU need. Like make the basic massfab inefficient compared to the gregtech one (cheaper to make, more expensive to operate) :D So two tiers of massfabs 8)

• Official Post

You should add uses for Alcool from brewing system: Ethanol is a good source of EU after centrifuging ...

How about sugar cane + centrifuge + cell = Ethanol Cells (better than biofuel) [C2H5OH]
    Sugarcane is largely used in brazil to produce ethanol.

• check your power going to it, if it does not get the full 128EU/t it will act like your description. what might be happening is you are draining your storage (why it works fine at first), and your production is not keeping up (so it stops working after storage is empty)

Yep this was it. though I it cost me some more diamonds and redstone. both of which I'm low on atm lol... I made myself 4 MFE's to hook up to the blasted thing. I tried MV-transfomers but it wasn't working for some strange reason and stupid me for doing a very stupid thing... put a lever on it and had it the wrong direction... result... flip lever on and BOOOOOM! overload and bangs galore... had to rebuild a bit of my house as well as salvage what I could that got blow to bits.

• The machine casings confuse me. And what are the heating rings for?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• How about sugar cane + centrifuge + cell = Ethanol Cells (better than biofuel) [C2H5OH]
    Sugarcane is largely used in brazil to produce ethanol.

But i like the feel of the barrels and fermentation.You can't get everything from centrifuges, especially things that need fermenting, and fermenting is a barrel's job.

• So any hopes for more automation tools? Or more control of item flow that is. Since that seems my biggest problem atm :o
    (don't wanna annoy either :x)

• The machine casings confuse me. And what are the heating rings for?

The only use right now is building the multiblocks for the Grinder and Blast furnace. Grinders uses Standard and Reinforced Casings. The Blast furnace heat capacity depends on the type of Casing you use to build it. Standard is low, reinforced is medium, advanced is high heat. If you look at the furnace recipes in NEI it will tell you the required heat for different ingots.

EDIT: The nickel coils are used in the Blast furnace. It seems the other coil has no purpose yet. I'm sure it will be useful very soon.

• The only use right now is building the multiblocks for the Grinder and Blast furnace. Grinders uses Standard and Reinforced Casings. The Blast furnace heat capacity depends on the type of Casing you use to build it. Standard is low, reinforced is medium, advanced is high heat. If you look at the furnace recipes in NEI it will tell you the required heat for different ingots.

NEI won't bring up the uses for the heat rings. I would expect them to go in the fusion reactor. Speaking of the reactor, what exactly do the coils do? Do the elements fuse in them, or is it where the heat comes from?

• I'd love a option to disable the ore dict for the different machine blocks/forestry casing... and the electronic curcuit/bc gates/forestry diode (or whatever its called in forestry).

• NEI won't bring up the uses for the heat rings. I would expect them to go in the fusion reactor. Speaking of the reactor, what exactly do the coils do? Do the elements fuse in them, or is it where the heat comes from?

You might find this interesting since your asking about fusion reactor coils ;)

http://phys.org/news105962413.html

http://www.nextenergynews.com/…-energy-news9.12.08a.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak

pick your poison of technical information :p

hmmm planning planning... geez... trying to figure out a good reactor design with the new cells is difficult... almost always blow up on me in simulation... designs from the nuclear engineering section seems obsolete with these new cells in the mix lol...

• NEI won't bring up the uses for the heat rings. I would expect them to go in the fusion reactor. Speaking of the reactor, what exactly do the coils do? Do the elements fuse in them, or is it where the heat comes from?

Simplest answer to the question about the fusion coils:

They contain the 100MK+ plasma to prevent it from touching the walls of the chamber and they provide a method to heat the plasma to that temperature without wasting too much energy in loss to other media.

• though if you also use railcraft you notice that the maximum possible output of the reactor is dropped (limited by the number of steam pipes, even will the valve pipes mod that has the industrial pipes), though it is much easier to get a stable, highly effecient reactor that will suffice while you build the components for the fusion reactor.