[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Greg please add alternative upgrade recipe for "Machine Casing". Standard Machine Casing -> Advanced Machine Casing -> Reinforced Machine Casing. In other case recipe for Industrial Blast Furnace not balanced and too expensive. Because for upgrade furnace we must make all new expensive casing.

• Official Post

Greg please add alternative upgrade recipe for "Machine Casing". Standard Machine Casing -> Advanced Machine Casing -> Reinforced Machine Casing. In other case recipe for Industrial Blast Furnace not balanced and too expensive. Because for upgrade furnace we must make all new expensive casing.

You forget that you can use the Standard Casing for the Grinder, and later also other Machines. And the standard casing for a Blast Furnace is just 2 Stacks of Iron, so its not that expensive.

• Could neptunium or americanium be used in a reactor?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• for (int i=0; i < periodicTable.size() && i < 256; i++) if (isElementUseful(periodicTable.get(i))) addElement(periodicTable.get(i));

WOOOOOOOOO! I didn't learn anything about Java for the time being, but the little I did on "Maple" (it's just a math software ^^) allow me to understand what you mean!
    256 ? I guess there are less than 256 elements discovered up to now ... more about 120 ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Just for the record (for those who don't know) Uuo is named Ununoctium. Such a sexy name. 8)
    And Greg, you would have to make an array with all the names then. :P Not to mention, deciding which of them are useful.

• Could Uuo be used in a reactor ? Seriously, impelementing NuclearFuel is fine, but implementing the whole periodic table ...

You are the one mentioning the periodic table, i haven't said a word about it.Neptunium is fissionable and could be used in a nuclear reactor. And americium could be used in a reactor but is very scarce.

• You are the one mentioning the periodic table, i haven't said a word about it.Neptunium is fissionable and could be used in a nuclear reactor. And americium could be used in a reactor but is very scarce.

Yeah, but how would you get the nuclear fuels? I don't think we want even more worldgen than there already is in this mod.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Yeah, but how would you get the nuclear fuels? I don't think we want even more worldgen than there already is in this mod.

Neptunium is synthesized (although small amounts occur in uranium ore) same for americium. I think the reason americium is so scarce is because its hard and expensive to synthesize. Thut might know

• @the comment on degenerate matter armour

Electron degenerate matter is not stable at low pressure (unless the temperature is approximately 0K), so is impossible to make armour out of as whatever you are using to keep it degenerate would provide much much better armour than the degenerate matter itself.

@the nuclear fuel topics:

The only ore that would make sense to add would be thorium ore, more common than uranium (by factor of 3 or so). this would be op, so my suggestion would be to nerf uranium ore to 1/4 of the current rareness, then make thorium ore 3x more common. then require uranium dust to be centrifuged (or even mixed with fluorine capsules to make uranium fluoride, then centrifuged) to get the uranium used in nuclear fuel. Then have the re-enriched cells be centrifugable to get plutonium and thorium cells.

This would be a much more realistic way to get the plutonium for the nuke, as well as will mimic the extremely long process needed to enrich uranium. It will also nerf the nuclear reactor a small amount, as thorium cells would be the more common one, and they make less power (same energy).

Then, if you do ever implement my stuff from water idea, you can have it not give any thorium and just give uranium (uranium is much much more abundant in seawater than thorium is)

edit: about the americium, it has a much lower half life (longest isotope is 7370 years) so does not occur naturally in any usable quantities. (neptunium has half life of 150,000 years, so not found in any large amounts, but some is generated during nuclear processes in uranium ore so is a bit more abundant) uranium has a half life in the range of 500M-4.5B years depending on the isotope, so is still around in large amounts.

edit: what was changed in 2.50c? last i see greg mentioning was b

• I have ]a quick question, where do i put the gui textures for texturepack support? Working on them forSoartex Fanver. I tried in here \texturepacks\Soartex Fanver\gregtechmod\textures\gui, but they dont appear. I must be doing something wrong. any help?

• @dire's spotlight, i noticed how he didnt mention the really useful things like helium coolant cells and the iridium reinforced stone and the new reactor fuels.

• With the mods stabilizing at 1.45, I am re-launching my server. So, in preparation I am making the necessary requests for permission to include the mods in a modpack for private, non-commercial distribution to the server members. I will be including a credits file in the pack acknowledging the hard work of the mod authors and giving links back to this thread.

Thanks for your consideration, and all of the hard work.