[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Dear GregoriusT,

I kindly solicit a more endangering experience by means of various detrimental effects and volatile experiences related to some of your materials (dusts, bars, etc) being contained in a users inventory.

For example: Bucket of Lava (or flint and steel) and Sulfur Dust in inventory equals the player being lit a blaze slowly consuming the sulfur.
    Same can be done with for instance magnesium dust though I'd say it would burn more violently and thus consume the dusts quicker and hurt the player faster.

Possibly even just a uranium bar giving Radiation (IC2 Debuff) for a short period (Uranium cells being contained might not).

Then along the same idea of hurting players I thought about Thermite. This however requires oxides and well Greg Tech currently has none. Now the possible idea I had with thermite would be that if the player has one of the oxide dusts and one of the normal dusts that would form thermite in their inventory they could accidentally ignite it if they have a bucket of lava (or flint and steel) in their inventory and thus burn through the ground they are standing on with lava. Yes replace the block below the player with lava *evilgrin*. This effect could potentially continue until there is no longer a thermite reaction possible from the elements in the players inventory.

Now you also have various highly reacting elements in cells like Lithium, Sodium, etc. With those one could do a similar gig with just water buckets. Though these elements are in cells and might be protected by it. Now what would happen if you deliberately threw one of these cells in water?

I'm positive some additional effects can be concocted. I'm far from a chemist or at all familiar with all possible reactions one might be able to apply with these materials but I think with just the above examples people (including yourself) might be able to come up with a few neat effects as well.

Now I don't want to make player death completely unavoidable but adding the need to actually think about what you carry in combination with the materials already in your inventory might add a new unique challenge to Greg Tech.

The potential hate you might receive from implementing of any of these ideas is in no way my fault :P Though if you wish you can refer the blame to me. I'm used to being called evil and I think you are getting used to that as well :P.

No matter if you implement some of these ideas or not I will still like and use your addon since it changes the gameplay of IC2 to be new and exciting (and also challenging).

Anyway, Have "Fun"!

-- CyaNox

• Can you add version number(of your mod) in the file? so I can recognize the difference between downloads, please?

Thanks this awesome addon!

In Important Stuff it says
    "4. Do not ask for Versionnumbers inside the Name of the Zipfile, I WILL NEVER DO THAT FOR THE MOST RECENT VERSION!!!"

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Greg, add this to your tp list, it's currently a WIP.
    Sphax TP

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• So Nether Ores are OP. They are easier to find and give 4 Dusts instead of 2. My Pyrite-Solution is much better than that.

Kinda, yeah. The reasoning behind that was that it's more dangerous to mine in Nether thus the rewards should be greater. Though that doesn't really hold in a game where I only need to go there to set up a 64x64 quarry+railcraft portal+train and only return to move the quarry around :)

How hard would it be for you to add additional ores? I'd like to use titanium but I really don't want to install metallurgy and litter all kinds of stuff everywhere that I don't really need/want to use.

• 64x64 quarry+railcraft portal+train

I'm planning to use Railcraft, but I won't if it can by itself enable this type of behaviour (I would like to avoid infinite energy from the neter wihtout constantly living in this dimension). So say me, that you forget a + between Railcraft and portal and that Railcraft does not enable this type of easy teleportation (at least I can disable World Anchor).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well, quarry is a world anchor on it's own already. No need for additional one.

I didn't know that. But mining Netherrack don't bug me, I'm just annoyed by Infinite energy from geogen in the nether :/

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'm not quite sure how infinite it is and therefore I plan on building a tower of 7x7x8 railcraft lava tanks and see how I can empty out an ocean of lava :)

Also I bet I'd run out of it quite fast if I plan on making a power system rivalling fusion plant :)

• 7x7x8

=392. Then x16=about 2940. I guess a Lava Ocean is more than that. And that's the problem with Geogen. They are OP in the nether, they shouldn't be able to beat Nuclear Reactor :/

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yeah but you can stack them on top of each other to make even bigger containers. Theoretically you could put 32 of them ontop of each other from bedrock to maxheight. Of course it would be far easier to just have them next to each other instead :)

I know they are rather OP-ish but then again so are plain-old charcoal using generators. You'll just need a treefarm.
    Though I'd say if you want to see OP then GT's fusion plant is a prime example. Sure, it's ludicrously expensive but once you have it you'll have pretty much infinite energy. At least geothermals use up some kind of resource, even if it is quite abundant in nether.

Actually there are HUGE lava lakes underground as well. I remember once pumping about 15k buckets worth with a single buildcraft pump. Basically I'd say geothermals are OP anywhere you use them. You'll just need some kind of a pump that has decent range on it. Not that I'm complaining though. I'm having fun either way.

• Official Post

Actually there are HUGE lava lakes underground as well. I remember once pumping about 15k buckets worth with a single buildcraft pump. Basically I'd say geothermals are OP anywhere you use them. You'll just need some kind of a pump that has decent range on it. Not that I'm complaining though. I'm having fun either way.

I know that Way of Energygeneration. Nether is much better than that. Btw: I autoadd Lava to the IC²-Miner-List as well as any registered Ores, so you can pump out the Nether using IC²-Pumps + Miners, and you get your Netherores (Pyrite is very abundant under those lakes) from there. I will very likely remove Iron from the List of things you get from centrifuging Lava. Not because i think its OP, its just because you can already get tons of it from Pyrite Ore, and I want to make the Nether a bit more self sustaining, so I will change it probably to Copper Ingots.

How hard would it be for you to add additional ores? I'd like to use titanium but I really don't want to install metallurgy and litter all kinds of stuff everywhere that I don't really need/want to use.

Not hard at all, but i have a Limit of 16 Diffrent Ores (8 already used), so things like Titanium or Platinum will not directly get added. You saw which kinds of Ores I generate, Bauxite (Aluminium+Titanium), Pyrite (Sulfur+Iron), Sphalerite (Sulfur+Zinc+Garnet) and Cinnabar (Mercury+Sulfur+Redstone) are all compound Ores, which have to be processed, before even being able to be smolten or used for Crafting.

• Greg, why are there 4 redstone ore grinder recipes? 2 for water cell and 2 for water bucket.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• I was screwing with your code Greg, and I am wondering who this is? "MrBrain" He is on the capelist for his very own custom cape. Makes me wonder what he did to get one, cause he isn't on your donor list.

• I was screwing with your code Greg, and I am wondering who this is? "MrBrain" He is on the capelist for his very own custom cape. Makes me wonder what he did to get one, cause he isn't on your donor list.

I got bored one day and went through part of your code as well, do you have a future use for your currently unused fourth cape texture (assuming that GregoriusCape is your personal one)?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Greg, why are there 4 redstone ore grinder recipes? 2 for water cell and 2 for water bucket.

There are two diffrent Redstone Blocks (Glowing and non-Glowing) in vanilla MC, guess why I needed two of them.

I got bored one day and went through part of your code as well, do you have a future use for your currently unused fourth cape texture (assuming that GregoriusCape is your personal one)?

Well thats just the Name of [REDACTED], but I guess you will find it out, by researching a bit on the Forum.

V2.50d (skipped changelog for the accidently released 2.50c which had no real content)
    Added a better Way of doing Stuff in my Code. For example all the Macerationrecipes of Tools and Armors are improved massively, as you are now even able to macerate Gem-Tools of Redpower or Platinum-Armor of Metallurgy. Railcrafts Steel Tools and Armors are ofcourse included, via Oredict.

• Greg, would you mind adding an electric bucket filler, because all the bucket filler mods i can find are 1.2.5.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech