[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

I don't use mettalurgy, i'am thinking it doesn't add anything usefull to the game. How can ore coming from another mod be neccessary for a very important machine ? I mean platinium otherwise seem to be only coming from "silktouched" irridium ore ... irridium ore is extremly rare (1/16 chunk) and we need to found manually 2 irridium ore to have only one platinium ingot ... there must be another way, isn't it ?

Dont worry, I'm coding a complex version of Platinum Ore into the Worldgen-Code of the End. All I need to do now, is going to Wikipedia, before starting it.

• Dont worry, I'm coding a complex version of Platinum Ore into the Worldgen-Code of the End. All I need to do now, is going to Wikipedia, before starting it.

as in mining asteroid ore, and having that contain larger than average quantities of certain minerals, to reflect the greater abundance of certain dense minerals in asteroids than on earth (due to sinking to the earth's core when it was still liquid at the surface), these minerals being tungsten, platinium, iridium, rhenium, osmium, etc?

• Haven't seen anything more about irridium ore and platium. All was already in the NEI, i know fusion reactor can make irridium, but because it need tons of irridium to be build, that's useless for the moment.

Still stuck with 2 irridium and 2 platinium tiny dust in one week ...

Same problem..

Btw - why i have tons of silver? Wiki says that its like gold, but looks like coal or bit more - i can dig stack of silver at ones. Its annoying too

• Off-topic (tekkit-related posts):What's up with all the tekkit-related posts. Install mods by yourself, don't be a lazy fück. It takes about 30 mins of your time to install mods, even less if you did it before and know what you're doing. Just read the install description to see if you need to put mods in the mods or coremods folder. I've always installed mods by myself (using MCPatcher to install jar mods) except when I downloaded a pre-modded Minecraft v1.6.6 jar and mods folder. I DON'T support tekkit or technic because it's for lazy people.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Btw - why i have tons of silver? Wiki says that its like gold, but looks like coal or bit more - i can dig stack of silver at ones. Its annoying too

Factorysation, Thermal Expansion, GregTech and Redpower are all adding Silver to the World. Guess why you have so much.

Off-topic (tekkit-related posts):What's up with all the tekkit-related posts. Install mods by yourself, don't be a lazy fück. It takes about 30 mins of your time to install mods, even less if you did it before and know what you're doing. Just read the install description to see if you need to put mods in the mods or coremods folder. I've always installed mods by myself (using MCPatcher to install jar mods) except when I downloaded a pre-modded Minecraft v1.6.6 jar and mods folder. I DON'T support tekkit or technic because it's for lazy people.

Please stop it. Even if those Tekkit Guys are stupid enough to decompile my Addon, rather than just copying the Mods into their normal .minecraft.
    Continue it at the real Tekkit-Threads, and if I get mentioned, then I will most likely respond.

V2.52b:
    Fixed some NEI-Stuff. Crashes already got fixed a Version ago, but I had to fix that one tiny broken Feature.
    Added the most awesome Ore to the End.

• Isn't the End a "limited" world ? if so then ore in it are limited too ?

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Factorysation, Thermal Expansion, GregTech and Redpower are all adding Silver to the World. Guess why you have so much.

Please stop it. Even if those Tekkit Guys are stupid enough to decompile my Addon, rather than just copying the Mods into their normal .minecraft.
    Continue it at the real Tekkit-Threads, and if I get mentioned, then I will most likely respond.

V2.52b:
    Fixed some NEI-Stuff. Crashes already got fixed a Version ago, but I had to fix that one tiny broken Feature.
    Added the most awesome Ore to the End.

You've been mentioned plenty of times. Well then, we will certainly be awaiting your reponse, in that case.

Sure, go ahead. Test over 25 mods to see which one work and which ones cause compatibility issues. Now go ahead and do that all over again every time Minecraft updates. Then find out one of them isn't compatible. Then have fun testing them all one by one to see which one is the culprit.

The exact point of modpacks like Technic, FTB and YogBox is so 5000 end-users don't have to do that individually, but rather it's being done once centrally.

• Recipes Suggestion:
    Grinder: 64 Coal --> 64 Coal Dust + 1 Thorium Dust (I know the grinder haven't currently the ability to detect a numbers of items in a slot but ...) You know why Coal-based power plants are more dangerous than Nuclear one , with the radioactivity point of view ? Because Coal contains a lot of Thorium ^^ (say it to Angela :D)
    Industrial Electrolyzer: Soulsand --> Mercury (I've always known that sand was toxic). Or it could replace sand in the Centrifuge Recipe.

In my mind, you should add a fourth Nuclear Fuel to your list: why ? Because Thorium isn't supposed to be as efficient as Uranium, simply cheaper (Thorium can be found everywhere). So Thorium should be a byproducts from Grinder, and why not an ore (I would like to see it in the nether). Current Thorium could be replaced by another radioactive elements (I let you chose, there are plenthy of these ^^).

Next Machine Suggestion: Particle Separator.
    How would it works ? As a Mass Spectrometer ( http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massenspektrometrie , especially for you, in german ^^), but sharing materials into different Isotope as a way of Extracting/Centrifuging/BetterThanGrinding elements. Of course it would be SUPER expensive, would need tons of machines (multi block structure including Magnetizer, as an example) but would at the end provide you the ULTIMATE PROFIT! I mean here that you wold have maybe up to 2 byproducts per ore (ex: Iron Ore = Iron Dust [2] + Copper Dust [0.5] + Tin Dust [0.25]. This is an example because it's the basical composition of Iron Ore. It would also have some recipes from the Centrifuge with higher speed, slightly better profits.
    The only thing that could be implemented after that (I'm speaking about machines processing stuff only, not massfabs and better than massfabs, not the rest ...) would be an advanced way of compressing-exctracting.

Edit: I knew what would happen with the guy discussing about the T-word ^^ --> Guess why the guy under my post deleted 2 post ? No, simply kidding, I believe he multi-posted ^^
    Btw, I've had a "fatal error" with Google Chrome twice today (only on the forum). Has it happen to someone else ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited 2 times, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Everyone discussing Tekkit in this thread in future will receive a free instant banhammer.
    The topic between Greg and Tekkit was brought up, discussed and is pretty much done, any other tekkit talk is off-topic, accordingly.
    Unwanted off-topic.

Finaly :D

• Any update coming up to fix the issue with NEI 1.4.2.8?

NEIPlugins-1.0.3.5.jar is already out which is compatible with it!

And I can't find NEI 1.4.2.7 anywhere!

• I had suggested something similar, where a thorium ore is implemented which is 3x more common than uranium (ie make uranium 1/4 as common as it is now, then make the thorium ore 3x more common than that). then have the uranium ore refine in the centrifuge to just give uranium cells, then have the re-enriched isotope cells (which would be Pu-239/240, not U-235) go into the extractor to get plutonium cells. This way thorium reactors are easier to fuel, but uranium ones have much more energy potential (you get the plutonium cells, at a 1:8 ratio of uranium:plutonium)

Why this is realistic: Plutonium is made from the U-238, uranium fueled reactors use the 235 for fission, which is a very small mass faction of the natural uranium. so, if you could take the natural uranium and bombard it with neutrons to convert the U-238 into Pu-239 and Pu-240 then you would get much much more reactor fuel from the uranium. Balance for making this work in the nukes: have the plutonium cells need to be extracted to make pure Pu-239 cells, as any Pu-240 mixed in will make it unsuitable for use in weapons (it undergoes spontaneous fission, which releases neutrons prematurely, which ruins a bomb, still works fine in a reactor).

This is why the generation IV reactors will get 100-200x more energy per mass unit of fuel, they will internally convert U-238 into plutonium, then burn that, thereby increasing the available fissile material by a factor of 100 or so.

• Are there any breeder or regular reactor designs using thorium, helium, plutonium, and iridium neutron reflectors? (Any reactor design that only uses gregtech fuel, but can use any cooling method)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Are there any breeder or regular reactor designs using thorium, helium, plutonium, and iridium neutron reflectors? (Any reactor design that only uses gregtech fuel, but can use any cooling method)

I believe you want a gas cooled fast reactor (GCFR). It would use helium gas as the coolant/heat exchanger, not in the cell shaped thingys, pumped in a closed loop instead. It could be designed to use neutron reflectors instead of control rods, just have a normally subcritical assembly, and use neutron reflectors to control which areas are at critical mass.

This system would be run on uranium/plutonium fuel, as it would breed plutonium from the uranium (and thereby last a very very long time between refueling). it could also burn thorium, but then you don't get the plutonium, so lasts shorter time, due to not breeding fuel as it runs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-cooled_fast_reactor also http://www.uxc.com/smr/uxc_SMRDetail.aspx?key=ALLEGRO

this design uses control rods, but it could also be made using the neutron reflector based control system instead.

Edit: most of the generation IV reactor designs (all current commercial reactors are gen III or lower) are breeder reactors, as they produce the same or greater power, and get more than 100 times more energy per mass of fuel. The exceptions are the thorium designs, which use less fuel at a time, so technically need more refueling, but the fuel is more abundant, so ends up being about the same efficiency in terms of energy/mass of fuel (until the thorium mines run out, then uranium in seawater becomes much much more abundant than thorium)

Edit: how a neutron reflector based control system would work:

the fuel in the reactor is arranged in a tall column, such that the width of the column would not allow for critical mass under normal circumstances. If a neutron reflector is partially lowered around the top of the column, the part inside the reflector reaches critical mass and starts to produce energy. to increase the output, lower the reflector more, to decrease the output, raise the reflector (in case of power failure the reflector is completely removed via some sorta spring/magnet arrangement and optional neutron absorbing rods fall inside the column to force stop any reactions). as the reactor continues to burn fuel, the fuel at the top burns out first, so the neutron reflector can be lowered over that without causing extra heat production.

to refuel the reactor, place the new fuel at the bottom and extract the spent fuel from the top, also raise the reflectors accordingly.

If you need to know anything else about the basic principles behind nuclear reactor design, just ask :D

• Btw, i noticed that helium coolant cell isn't used in the overclocker recipe. Prehaps instead of including it as an alternate recipe, perhaps you could make a special overclocker. ( suggestion)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Not to be rude but this in no way helps those of us asking if there are designs already made for use with nuclear reactors in game.

Besides that... what is Magnesium dust suppose to do? I can find anything in NEI that uses it.