[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• utility ores is the metllury package that includes magnesium, phosphorus, saltpeter, potash, sulphur and bitumen.

also, even if the quantum tank can hold the steam, the main problem is getting the steam enough turbines to be a viable alternative to non steam. each turbine only gives 50 eu/t and needs 2 pipes of steam to it (assuming you use the industrial pipes), which means you need a vey large number of steam turbines for a large power plant, and is not feasible to manage the steam piping for the 20 turbines need for 1000 eu/t ( not to mention all the steel spent running that)

it would be much cheaper and easier to run 20 mark-1 reactors and 1 breeder, than to do the steam system.

• Could you please implement some way to contain steam from RailCraft? (Such as the Gas Tanks I suggested earlier). It would be awesome in getting rid of Buildcrash.

• It's funny, the secret for boosting heat capacity of the blast furnace is what I did when I built my first blast furnace and got confused as to why it didn't do anything, I wish that had been put in sooner, I now have a blast furnace with almost full reinforced machine casing, that was a massive waste of EUs on something you can now do for essentially free :pinch:

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Could you please implement some way to contain steam from RailCraft? (Such as the Gas Tanks I suggested earlier). It would be awesome in getting rid of Buildcrash.

quantum tank should do that

concerning the radiation produced when a nuclear reactor/nuke explodes: is it possible to make it so that if the reactor is inside a room lined with a certain block, that the effects of the radiation do not leave the room? ie, could you introduce lead plating blocks that shield against radiation? This would be an interesting precursor to possible machines that emit radiation while running, and need to be in shielded rooms (player can wear some sorta shielded armour to negate the effects)

• First

Merry Christmas

i notice when i play in lan with me friends the industrial electrolizer dont create the recipe if this dont have the max energy necessary for do the recipe and the process stop and run away with the energy source ( http://youtu.be/bLeiIu0GL6M)

i try destroy block to recover the item but don happend nothing (in the wiki don say that about if you need the correct max value of energy for do the recipe ) and do more test you can recover the ("lost recipe" if put the correct value of energy and the recipe make correctly but this start of 0 (energy waste + the correct value )

test with the last version

• try first charging an MFE then connecting the elctrolyser only to the MFE, it should contain enough energy to finish the job, and be able to provide the power needed, a continuous 128 eu/t is needed

someone had asked about setups for the nuclear reactor using some of the new components? here is a breeder design that, if you replace that uranium cell with a thorium one should produce some very large amounts of enriched isotope cells. I still need to gather a bit more copper to finish off the plates needed to make it so that i don't take damage, but i will start testing this design shortly.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…ifupdjflin2lp1ynan4qne7wj

assuming thorium produces 1/5 the heat of uranium, that design should work. unfortunately, the G-cube does not seem to work correctly for breeders, it instantaneously replaces the depleted cells with enriched.

ok, so got that setup and running and it definitely breeds uranium cells very quickly. It seems to be thermally stable, with the core temp sitting around 64000 heat.

side note: it should be possible to centrifuge plutonium out of re-enriched uranium cells, as that is what is produced when you stick depleted uranium inside a fast neutron reactor.

• quantum tank should do that

concerning the radiation produced when a nuclear reactor/nuke explodes: is it possible to make it so that if the reactor is inside a room lined with a certain block, that the effects of the radiation do not leave the room? ie, could you introduce lead plating blocks that shield against radiation? This would be an interesting precursor to possible machines that emit radiation while running, and need to be in shielded rooms (player can wear some sorta shielded armour to negate the effects)

I mean something like a bucket, but to contain steam.

• GregTech seems to conflict with NEI in this current situation I have. Firstly, causing an exception in the NEI Item Loading Thread which prevents any items from appearing on the list. Also, whenever I try to click on the GT Tab or Search in creative, it down right crashes the game.

The client log has been including as an attachment.

Files

Sadly as soon as 1.5 happens, all Thorium/Plutonium Reactors will be obsolete, as I will switch to another System regarding produced EU (to remove the hack into the IC²-Config). Also I will then nerf Thorium by 50%, and make it less useful for Breeders (as that change reduces Pulse Count). Plutonium however, will be twice as good for Breeders after that change.

What could this mean?

• Greg, is there any reason why there is no change in EUs given from fuel cans when I centrifuge bio cells and biofuel cells, and coal cells and coalfuel cells?

The bio cell and coal cell recipes are more energy-expensive, which balances out the extra energy you would have to put into extracting them (I believe the costs of the two recipes are 1000 and 5000 EU, and the 4000 difference between them equals roughly to the cost of 6 extractor operations). It just pretty much saves you the need to run all items through an extractor, making automation simpler.

• yep i play with the fixed version and i dont really understand the new reactor system :D ;(

• Official Post

GregTech seems to conflict with NEI in this current situation I have. Firstly, causing an exception in the NEI Item Loading Thread which prevents any items from appearing on the list. Also, whenever I try to click on the GT Tab or Search in creative, it down right crashes the game.

The client log has been including as an attachment.

NEI does many crazy things. Question: Could it be that you use IDResolver? If yes, then I will fix that.

• Due to its price, shouldn't the sawmill give more than 6 plank and 2 Dust ? (even if I don't know what can be done with sawdust). I think it could/should also give things like biofuel/plantballs. Or simply be cheaper lol :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• List of Thorium Nuclear Reactor Designs

• Greg's Idiotproof Reactor Design, improved (not by me!). Mk.1-E7, 0 chamber (1 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 2-chamber (2 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 4-chamber (3 Quad-Cells). Mk.1-E7 6-chamber (4 Quad-Cell).
    • Based off HAYO CORP.'s "The Efficient". Version A (4 chamber) (Eff 6.80; With 3 extra slots to cool exhausted components.) Version B (Exactly same as A but without cooling slots.), Version C (5 chamber) (Efficiency 7, 5-chamber; Has slots to cool exhausted components too. Slots indicated by standard plating cools 8 heat/s, heat plating cools 4 heat/s, containment plating slots cool 12 heat/s.) and Version D (Copy of version C without plating).
    • HAYO CORP's DDoS/CSCR, GregTech style. Version A (Thorium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 5600 seconds (~93.5 minutes)) and Version B (Plutonium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 500 seconds).
    • SSD's designs, posted at Rick's thread. Click me .
  • What is expensive recipe for mass fabricator (can't see through NEI)

The massfab is disabled by gregtech. Search "matterfab" in NEI :)

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Greg's Idiotproof Reactor Design, improved (not by me!). Mk.1-E7, 0 chamber (1 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 2-chamber (2 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 4-chamber (3 Quad-Cells). Mk.1-E7 6-chamber (4 Quad-Cell).
    • Based off HAYO CORP.'s "The Efficient". Version A (4 chamber) (Eff 6.80; With 3 extra slots to cool exhausted components.) Version B (Exactly same as A but without cooling slots.), Version C (5 chamber) (Efficiency 7, 5-chamber; Has slots to cool exhausted components too. Slots indicated by standard plating cools 8 heat/s, heat plating cools 4 heat/s, containment plating slots cool 12 heat/s.) and Version D (Copy of version C without plating).
    • HAYO CORP's DDoS/CSCR, GregTech style. Version A (Thorium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 5600 seconds (~93.5 minutes)) and Version B (Plutonium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 500 seconds).

you just made my day :D

Apart from the fact that most of these designs are high end (iridium reflectors ftw) you might consider swapping them with the regular ones. However, they will have to be replaced several times during a run.

also, i have seen the opportunity to improve some designs, if you will. i'll post them here.

2Quad Th core, 7 eff mark 1 (2 chambers) (80ish copper cheaper, 16 tin more expensive)

3Quad Th core, 7 eff mark 1 (3 chambers)
    (457 copper cheaper, 1 less iridium reflector, 106 less tin, 13 less iron and only 4 gold more)

EDIT: new 4 quad Thorium cell design. 4quad Th core, 7eff mark1 (6 chambers)
    (±600copper cheaper, 220 tin less, 80 more iron, 6 less gold)

I have to leave now, i'll look another time for the other reactors

Cheers!
    Baru