[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• The "Orion Project" was no easy way to space,you would have to make such a stucture that would handle the blasts. it is "High tech".

I consider anything that was possible in the 1950s to be "low tech" compared to the stuff that ic2 and gregtech introduces as it is.

The orion project was designed to be made using technology from the late 1950s, or early 1960s, it is about as low tech of a system for getting off the planet as you can get.

As of now, the Orion project is the simplest, easiest. fastest and cheapest way to get a large structure into space, the only downside is that it damages the environment too much (the approximately 800 small nukes would result in considerable fallout, estimated at killing a total of 1-10 people)

• Added Gas Turbines for Nitrogen, Methane, Hydrogen and Air Cells, and removed Fuel Can recipes from them of the Centrifuge.

That sounds awesome :D EU/t ? Any changes in EU value ? (about that, is the wiki wrong or the Methane cells really worth these f***ing poor 9 000 EU ?).

W...WHAAT THE FUCK! You ninjaed me by ... 5 seconds guy!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• @All those Oredict-Reports: Thanks for reporting, I just want to know about very single Ore I could use. I will add the Oredict Stuff from the reports to my List.

Greg. I don't have NEI lag. it appears the game crashes with a saving chunks error. I hyave been told its an id resolver error. I thought u fixed all of thiose.

• i mean speed of ind furnace

Heat capacity has no connection with the speed, the heat capacity only determines which process you can do inside the furnace, i.e for tungsten you need 2500, and with that amount of heat capacity you can do every processes available..

• V2.61b:
    Added Gas Turbines for Nitrogen, Methane, Hydrogen and Air Cells, and removed Fuel Can recipes from them of the Centrifuge.
    Added all the reported Oredict-Stuff to my List, tell me if I missed something.

Oh and the Gas Turbine outputs at 16EU/t

16 EU/t seems a bit weak don't you thing ? Considering Lava is way way easier to get, almost infinite and can be used as a Liquid, I think this generator at least (and the Diesel one should also, to me) should have a bigger output than 20EU/t ... 30-35 would seems fair, but 16 ...
    And Air cells can burns ? Nitrogen can burn ??? I would understand Air cells buffing others combustion but ...

NO! Please, don't remove best fuel for Railcraft's Boilers.

That also was my Slag Generator (from Advanced Generator, wich is currently oudated ^^) Fuel ^^.

I would suggest one thing: Advanced Coal Generator:
    The advanced Coal Generator would basically output a nice 15EU/t with 8 000 EU/Coal, while generating a very little amount of Methane (that would makes the EU value per Coal counting the benefit due to the Methane at about 12 000 EU, but you would also need another Gas Turbine Generator) and an even smaller amount of Coal Dust, wich would be filtrated by appropriate components. And as it would be non polluting (let's say it to Angela), the filter would also catch some awesome Thorium Particle! With less than 5 stack of Coal, you would get enough Thorium to fill a cell! Hayo!
    But you know what's the most impressive ? You could get even more EU/Coal if you use Air Cells! In fact, that would generate a total combustion, what would makes EACH Coal generates up to 30 000 EU! But don't expect in that case receiving some byproducts, as they come from bad combustion.

I've a lot of others Idea of generator and Oil Industry Devices, but that'll wait for this vacation ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

@BoilerFuel: Don't forget that I plan to add Liquids (and also gasses to be precicely), and I will add Methane to it.

@Mat: The Reason, why my Generators have that low EU/t is that they should not be magic Blocks. I personally would like it when Geothermal Generators would only output 10-12EU/t instead of 20EU/t per Generator.

@MrPeach: I think the NEI-Plugin-Pack of Mistaqur causes your Problem. Try to remove that and tell me if it worked.

• I consider anything that was possible in the 1950s to be "low tech" compared to the stuff that ic2 and gregtech introduces as it is.

The orion project was designed to be made using technology from the late 1950s, or early 1960s, it is about as low tech of a system for getting off the planet as you can get.

As of now, the Orion project is the simplest, easiest. fastest and cheapest way to get a large structure into space, the only downside is that it damages the environment too much (the approximately 800 small nukes would result in considerable fallout, estimated at killing a total of 1-10 people)

A large sturdy structure would be the only thing that a rocket like that could carry. It may be the fastest rocket in theory. It is a theory.The Orion Project was thought to be successful, but since it was not tested,(or will be tested) we will never know if it was "possible" in the 50's.

@ gas generator, how do you get energy from nitrogen? Its not flammable is it? Neither air.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• A large sturdy structure would be the only thing that a rocket like that could carry. It may be the fastest rocket in theory. It is a theory.The Orion Project was thought to be successful, but since it was not tested,(or will be tested) we will never know if it was "possible" in the 50's.

@ gas generator, how do you get energy from nitrogen? Its not flammable is it? Neither air.

Most of the systems were tested, why do you think over 900 nuclear weapons of low yield were tested in the 1950s-1960s?
    There was extensive testing of the required systems, that is how they knew about the fact that an oil layer prevents any degradation of the steel pusher plate.

Also, it was not the fastest rocket, it is the quickest to design and build, i miss worded that.

Also, the fact that it was a THEORY means that it was a lot more likely to work than most of the current designs which are only HYPOTHESES. Quantum mechanics is "just a theory" but without it we would not have modern computers.

• Mmm yes... yes Mojang the bane of modders with their constantly updating game... oooh no we don't wanna give modders an easy time so we'll just keep adding new content to the game to screw them over... ._.

• Official Post

Well, it can react with atmospheric oxigen but not spontaneously. This is minecraft anyway =)
    N2 can burn Lithium (making Li3N) or Magnesium (making Mg3N), these could generate energy.

If a mix of 6:1 Lithium:Nitrogen cells could be used in gas generator it would be nice.

• The multiblock structure GUIs are unclear, so can someone post pictures of how to create/place the blocks for each machine requiring one of those structures?

How are they unclear? I have constructed every multi-block structure so far purely based off them.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I saw a pretty interesting WIP on MCForum a while ago that sadly got scrapped; judging by the latest advancements in GregTech Intergalactical, I feel some of the items involved with that could turn out very nice. So here's a suggestion!

The main premise of the project was around collecting, bottling, and utilizing Gasses. This included Atmospheric Accumulators, a multi-block "grid" structure that would over time collect certain gasses depending on the Biome and specific nearby entities (yes, it was ultimately going to be possible to place an Accumulator over a cow farm in a Swamp biome to acquire VERY large amounts of Methane). If these Gasses were registered in the Liquid Dictionary, it would be nice to be able to put them into Cells using a Liquid Transposer, Bottler, or some kind of GregTech machine.

Additionally, the mod post mentioned the option of being able to somehow centrifuge Gasses down to their base elements (to an extent), and then have a machine that would be able to create certain compound gasses. I have a lot of ideas about how this could be used properly (mainly because I would love Halogen Lamps, and if the WIP was to be continued I would have loved an API on his part).

So, Gregorius. Is this something that you'd consider?

Also

This is in regards to the Living Metal Ingots from the Harken Scythe mod. Judging by the mod and its purpose I assume it's on the developer's end and not yours, but I figure I may as well point it out.

• Official Post

I can tell what the block is just by looking at it's color?

Yes, you can. Why else should I color it?

The main premise of the project was around collecting, bottling, and utilizing Gasses. This included Atmospheric Accumulators, a multi-block "grid" structure that would over time collect certain gasses depending on the Biome and specific nearby entities (yes, it was ultimately going to be possible to place an Accumulator over a cow farm in a Swamp biome to acquire VERY large amounts of Methane). If these Gasses were registered in the Liquid Dictionary, it would be nice to be able to put them into Cells using a Liquid Transposer, Bottler, or some kind of GregTech machine.

Dont worry I have already registered all my Cells (except Carbon Cells) with Liquids/Gasses at the Liquid Dictionary with a simple Naming System. (on my Dev-Build)

Additionally, the mod post mentioned the option of being able to somehow centrifuge Gasses down to their base elements (to an extent), and then have a machine that would be able to create certain compound gasses. I have a lot of ideas about how this could be used properly (mainly because I would love Halogen Lamps, and if the WIP was to be continued I would have loved an API on his part).

So, Gregorius. Is this something that you'd consider?

Things like that are already on my List. Utilizing Resources for complex things is always on my List :D

Also

This is in regards to the Living Metal Ingots from the Harken Scythe mod. Judging by the mod and its purpose I assume it's on the developer's end and not yours, but I figure I may as well point it out.

I would suggest the Author to use "ingotLivingMetal" in this Case (just because it's an Ingot), but I will add it to my List anyways.