[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• The x2-Bonus has been removed after realising, that you could dupe Generators using that Method and that isn't intended.

I can agree with that lol. In that case, why not making the magnalium craft making 2 magnakium plate instead of one ? ^^. Or ... ADVANCED MULTI-BLOCK WINDMILL, BETTER THAN REDPOWER!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well I guess will leave the ore generation on in the end. It seems a lot of you guys outside my server feel that its more then fine so hopefully there be more to do once we get up there ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

why not making the magnalium craft making 2 magnalium plate instead of one ? ^^.

Because it already produces 3...

It's just 2 Aluminium and 1 Magnesium, the Rolling Machine Recipe ofcourse uses 6 and 3 instead, but in the End you get 3 Plates from that Recipe, depending on how you interpret the Math.

• Because it already produces 3...

It's just 2 Aluminium and 1 Magnesium, the Rolling Machine Recipe ofcourse uses 6 and 3 instead, but in the End you get 3 Plates from that Recipe, depending on how you interpret the Math.

Well, I didn't remember the craft, it seems well like that :).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• you could just make windmills drop machine parts when improperly broken. then you could not dupe generators. if you wanted, you could make a reverse-crafting recipe like you did for watermills.

• @ aluminum windmill

Windmills should in fact take aluminum to make.Any other metal would be to heavy to be blown by the wind. Aluminum is lightweight, thus easily turned by the wind.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Will it be possible to get an upgraded version of the rockcutter?
    Advanced Rockcutter: rockcutter + 3 overclocker + energy crystal + advanced circuit
    Double the speed for triple the EU (or triple speed with five times the EU?)

i thought the same thing but i found an epic workaround - get an efficiency enchanted book and chuck it in the anvil with the rockcutter and SHAZAM you have a super fast rockcutter with no extra eu cost! it may take a while to get the efficiency book however, so i suggest getting an exp grinder or the runic dusts mod! :D

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

• Official Post

Greg, you made your centrifuge too useful, people are over-engineering the crap out of it! :) http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…thane-from-charcoal.5896/

I would have done that if i haven't already over-engineered Windmills...
    Actually, i think i could over-engineer anything to get the maximum profit (or find a loophole)

• I would have done that if i haven't already over-engineered Windmills...
    Actually, i think i could over-engineer anything to get the maximum profit (or find a loophole)

Frankly, I'm impressed with what the FTB community has done with GregTech over-engineering, like this guy that utilized the "liquid" hydrogen to create power from steam, and has plans for a fully self-sustaining Fusion Reactor. http://forum.feed-the-beast.co…e.2129/page-14#post-71300

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Any chance of getting 8 empty cells around a Uranium Cell creates 8 near-depleted cells? That recipes currently exists now but only for Bar's and not with the cells and tbh make way more sense with a cell vs the bar hehe.

• The thing about steam boiler+turbine is that you need to supply steel constantly in order to let it run forever..

It actually works out to a not-too-ridiculous amount of steel, given that the turbines last for something like 2 real days straight. Still nonzero though.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Indeed the requirement for steel isn't that bad, I mean there are three ways to obtain it... well actually 4 but I have it disabled for some of the mods. One, Universal Electrity or was it Atomic Science? Two, Metallurgy 2 which can can get by mixing iron dust with manganese dust. Three, Railcrafts last furnace which only requires coal coke to run but you better have a good supply of coal coke and finally four which is the industrial blast furnace which only requires a stack of coal dust per 32 iron dust so you need a good deal of coal dust but coal is quite easy to find since it is the most common of the ores to find in the world.

• Unfortunately I suffer from extreme laziness and am not too bothered enough to find my own premade redpower gems config for the customoregeneration mod, so I'll ask. Does anyone have a premade customoregeneration config/module/whatever that I can use to disable the Redpower Gems?

• Wait, you can't just disable them through Elo's config? I know you can with her metals, but if you can't change the ores through her config, then that is just silly :P

• Wait, you can't just disable them through Elo's config? I know you can with her metals, but if you can't change the ores through her config, then that is just silly :P

Just ore I think is like copper/tin and maybe silver? Anyway's you better watch out she might sue you for saying something is silly.

• GregoriusT first, thank you for this mod, it has breathed new life into Minecraft for me. One bugreport, you may want to block enchantment from books being placed on your Rockcutter via the Anvil (also they can go on the IC2 tools as well).
    Speaking of the anvil, is it possible to get an alternate recipe that doesn't require the compressor for Iron Block, when that storageblock recipe is enabled? The anvil is a rather lowtech item, I don't know if it makes sense to require the Compressor to make one.
    About the Steam Turbine, I think there's not much use for it, when we can instead melt free cobblestone in the Magma Crucible to fuel GregTech Thermal Generator, and generate similar EU without costing any steel. The initial setup is more resource intensive but will quickly catch up by not having to replace the rotors.

Finally: Any thoughts on Scrap being too OP when used as fuel for Railcraft Boilers? 1 Scrap is generated for 256 EU each and turns in to 3182 MJ worth of steam from the Boiler... 12 Recyclers with 1 Overclocker each are enough to keep a hot 36HP Boiler. I'm not sure how Scrap is getting it's heatvalue, I guess this is maybe just vanilla-IC2 and perhaps a better question to ask of CovertJaguar but thought I'd pose it here.

• Official Post

GregoriusT first, thank you for this mod, it has breathed new life into Minecraft for me. One bugreport, you may want to block enchantment from books being placed on your Rockcutter via the Anvil (also they can go on the IC2 tools as well).

Yes, that's a Bug. Either Forges or Vanilla Minecrafts fault, unless there is a seperate Function for that, then it's my fault.

Speaking of the anvil, is it possible to get an alternate recipe that doesn't require the compressor for Iron Block, when that storageblock recipe is enabled? The anvil is a rather lowtech item, I don't know if it makes sense to require the Compressor to make one.

There is a seperate Config for that, which is disabled per default, like with all other Storage Blocks except Copper (overlaps with Copper Plates).

About the Steam Turbine, I think there's not much use for it, when we can instead melt free cobblestone in the Magma Crucible to fuel GregTech Thermal Generator, and generate similar EU without costing any steel. The initial setup is more resource intensive but will quickly catch up by not having to replace the rotors.

I personally don't use Magma Crucibles, as they are incredibly OP, especially the Default-Conversion-Ratio (There is a Config for that), and my Thermal Generator produces as much as a MaxEfficiency Geothermal Generator. If you put an IC²-Pump next to the Geothermal Generator, then you get a Bonus of +50% and you don't loose any Cells, but you need either a Miner+Pump-Setup in the Nether or a Redpower Pump to transfer whole Lava Blocks under your IC²-Pump.

Finally: Any thoughts on Scrap being too OP when used as fuel for Railcraft Boilers? 1 Scrap is generated for 256 EU each and turns in to 3182 MJ worth of steam from the Boiler... 12 Recyclers with 1 Overclocker each are enough to keep a hot 36HP Boiler. I'm not sure how Scrap is getting it's heatvalue, I guess this is maybe just vanilla-IC2 and perhaps a better question to ask of CovertJaguar but thought I'd pose it here.

That's Vanilla IC². And the Burnvalue for Scrap is very low. You need a Boiler to get that much EU from it. However it's almost impossible to nerf Burnvalues of other Mods.

Oh and stop using BC for Item Transport, it will create leaks in your Contraption. And Liquiducts of Thermal Expansion can carry twice as much Steam as a Golden Waterproof Pipe (Or just put the Steam Turbine adjacent to the Boiler).

• Thanks for the reply, I will try to log a bug / feature request with Forge team then about the Enchanting book, I suspect they can fix it even if it is not their bug originally. And I will ask CovertJaguar about an option to disallow Scrap in the Boiler.

Also, I searched through the configs again and didn't see anything related to the Anvil recipe, am I going blind? :( I want to keep the iron block recipe requiring use of the Compressor, but have some way to craft the Anvil, in the early game before we might have a Compressor. Does that make sense?

I had forgotten about the trick with Geothermal + Pump, good reminder. I already upgraded to Thermal Generator though, it's much nicer anyways. :)
    And yes, I already avoid BC pipes unless it's impossible otherwise!