Actual Biome Changing Terraformer

• Terraformers should change biomes in chunks, instead of only simulating the biome's effects. Or add some "Permament" Terraformer, that changes the biome until overwritten with a different setting. Also, it would be extremely power-hungry. :D

Note: Since 1.2, Chunks store biome data inside, making changing biomes much easier. For example, WorldEdit can change biomes in selection by //setbiome biomename.

• Actually something like this already exists in the Mushroom TFBP, the IC2 devs are still working on it as the code to actually do it is somewhat rough right now.

• As a recent vivid Forestry apiarist I support this suggestion. Currently teleporters are a huge help, but I'd like to keep my precious bees closer to my base.

• setting random block in aoe to other biome will never change biome properly, something like if more then 512 blocks in chunk belong to selected biome - change chunk completely will do job well.

also biomes are mostly useless and nothing expect grass color will change (some IC2 features affected by biomes are useless junk and does not play any role currently)

• setting random block in aoe to other biome will never change biome properly, something like if more then 512 blocks in chunk belong to selected biome - change chunk completely will do job well.

also biomes are mostly useless and nothing expect grass color will change (some IC2 features affected by biomes are useless junk and does not play any role currently)

Biomes are a massive part of Minecraft. Grass color (to me at least) is very important when I'm choosing a base, IC2 crops grow best in swamps and if you're using other mods (which many, many IC2 players do- if you're going to ignore them then why even bother with Forge?) like Forestry that have biome dependent features (eg bees) then this is even more useful.
    I'm confused about your first paragraph? What do you mean? All the terraformer has to do is access the NBT data and change the biome INT tag. Have played with this myself, I can say it is per X,Z column (instead of chunk). Perhaps the terraformer should have a GUI showing the conversion of the surrounding area?

• In my opinion Terraformer is useless if it cannot change biome properly.
    And yes, I want it for bees. I want a small stain of Jungles near my house and such.

• TerraFormer is useful when you don't want BuildCrash derping around and you need some flat land :)

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• there is no swamp or jungle terramorpher currently, only useless shroom.

i personnaly suggest you to add custom biome with advantages like no rain, maxed crop bonus and soo on and place machine for this biome into endgame category, best if machine will sustain custom biome in some AOE as long as it have power, and after power gone - revert biome to desert...

currently usage of crops reqire too many babysit ever with crop matron.

• Minecraft is all about changing the world around you, being able to change the biome fits with that, even if not everyone would use it, I know a lot of people would. Hoping this gets put in at some point very soon!