MFSU in serial transfer rate?

• I have a setup with a 1840eu/t reactor connected to five sets of five MFSU's in serial/battery setup and have wired it all so the reactor starts when a battery 'stack' is drained and stops when all are topped up or in the process of draining, everything is fine when more than one stack is loading from the reactor but I have noticed that a first MFSU charges quicker and stops the process as it's only 512 output down the chain. Is there a way around this, I don't want to throttle the reactor having spent so much trial and error to get it to run.

• With red power SpwnX solution won't even take a lot of space. Just need to trasnfer reg redstone to redwire. Simple.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• i prefer to do it the other way around to not waste even a single EU by emitting packages bigger than what the MFSU can still take before it's full. i let the MFSU emit a signal when empty, which activates a state cell to let the reactor run for a set time. a reactor with 1840EU/t needs around 270s to completly fill one MFSU (my calculator says 271,739s).
    and AND gates are definitly the way to go, since that's the function you're looking for

• Official Post

i prefer to do it the other way around to not waste even a single EU by emitting packages bigger than what the MFSU can still take before it's full. i let the MFSU emit a signal when empty, which activates a state cell to let the reactor run for a set time. a reactor with 1840EU/t needs around 270s to completly fill one MFSU (my calculator says 271,739s).
    and AND gates are definitly the way to go, since that's the function you're looking for

I would disrecommend the use of Statecells, as they Reset after Chunkload!

• If you have 5 series of MFSUs, it shouldn't be a problem. Even when the first MFSU of 1 series is full, until the entire series is full, it can store 512 EU/t. As you have 5, as long as 4 of the series are not completely full, all the EU is stored. As for some getting filled faster, yeah. I also have that problem. Until now, I have no idea how to resove this problem.

• The reason this happens is that more EUs go to the closest receiver (machine, storage, etc) in any circuit. Yes, you can use some and gates to make sure they are all full, OR, you could just make all your MFSUs an equal number of cable blocks from your reactor. Takes a little imaginative placement, but not very hard or complex.

OR, you could just wire up the MFSU furthest away from your reactor, and as it will fill last, it should serve your purpose also.

Edit: Haven't tested this theory, I just found this from observations of my EU circuits.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• you could do a splitting T tree

:MFS-Unit: :Tesla Coil: :MFS-Unit:
    :Glass Fibre: :Reactor: :Glass Fibre:
    :MFS-Unit: :Tesla Coil: :MFS-Unit:

:MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :Tesla Coil: :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit:
    :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil:
    :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Reactor: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil:
    :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Glass Fibre: :Tesla Coil:
    :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :Tesla Coil: :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit:

Every MSFU would be the same wire length and the same amount of intersections away, might require a full set to function properly otherwise you still might have one getting overloaded before the others because its opposite MFSU isn't catching any EU/t that it should be. If you do do it that way, it should work flawlessly for balancing power.

• holly bazonkas the majority of repliers don't uderstand the guy's problem.
    He has a reactor outputting 1870 eu/t into a 5 mfsu serial battery....the reactor is set to turn on whenever any one of the 5 mfsu' is not full...and the problem is that his serial mfsu battery empties at a rate of 512 eu/t and starts his reator wich outputs 1870...thus after the 50MEU are full 1358 eu/t are wasted.
    There really isn't a solution to your problem...you need a trigger to detect when 2048 EU are missing from your battery and only then start the reactor...and even that is not flawless....gregs solution won't work as you will never suck more than 512 eu/t from you battery even if you turn it into a
    4 x (5x mfsu serial) paralel wich is capable of outputting 4 512 packets at once...you will never request that.
    the state cell one has trouble with chunk-loading
    so really the only solution to not waste that 1358 energy every time the reactor starts is to have another line comming from the transformer ( i assume you have a transformer down-sforming ( i just invented that) between your reactor and mfsu battery) that feeds into a massfab.
    that way every time your mfsu battery puts out a 512 packet and starts the reactor 512 is sent to the mfsu battery and the rest to the massfab.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• My solution is multiple parallel circuits. I will note that it does get cumbersome at the storage and when the need arises to transmit more than 2048 eu a tick.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• another way ( really cheap and small) to waste less energy is to have another hv tansformer between your 4th and 5th mfsu.
    like this

:Reactor: :HV-Transformer: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :HV-Transformer: :MFS-Unit:

and have the detection going on the first 4 mfsu
    this way when the battery (5th mfsu) outputs a 512 packet nothing will happen ( the 5th mfsu will request a 512 packet from the hv before it and fill up again)....only when 4 packets are sent and the hv trans's internal buffer is empty will the 4th mfsu send 4 packets to the hv trans and start the reactor
    Ahhhhh to hell with it....It will never work flawless....this problem can not be solved....it is there for all reactors outputting more than 512 eu/t feeding into storage arrays that work on 512 packets...omg i just got so frustrated that I lit another cigarette while having a lit one in my left hand without realising it... :) :) :) :) :)
    the only solution is to have the extra eus drain in a massfab and let me correct my above mistake...not from the trans but from before the trans.
    or if you actually have a power consumption greater than the output of the reactor then running a parallel battery works too but that is stupid because if you had a power consumption greater then the output of the reactor then you wouldn't have had the problem in the first place...the battery never gets full.
    I challenge anyone to solve this problem....I can't.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• what i would recommend is an overflow circuit/buffer.
    consider the last mfsu in your chain to be moot overflow. when the preceding boxes are full, shut the reactor down. your excess power will be stored in the last box.

if this isn't what you want perhaps a splitter-cable that leads to another storage device off to the side would be best. wire it so when the storage units are full, the splitter closes, draining your excess eu off into an mfsu (or mass fab in my case...i use it to channel excess power).

i tend to use a combination of these two systems.