[Suggestion] More ways to craft cells

• Hello,

I just wanted to suggest more ways to craft (Empty)-cells. For example with stone or at least iron

Why? Because cells aren't very "cheap", and if you use a miner / a pump you will need a lot to pump all lava out. Tin is a very important ore, and you can't use cells again because they just disappear after used once. For example if you use cells to collect lava and you put it into your Geothermal Generator.

I know this text is pretty short, but I still hope this "idea" isn't too stupid

-Mike

EDIT: Or at least adding more container to pump out the lava (buckets use to much place...)

• Official Post

Watch out, we got a Tinpincher over there.

Tin is from VERY LOW Value, because its ONLY used for Containers (like Cells, Batteries, Fuelcans, Foodcans or the Canningmachines), Bronze and Tincables.

And if you have RP or BC installed, then you dont even need Tincells to fill geothermal Generators.

• "And if you have RP or BC installed, then you dont even need Tincells to fill geothermal Generators."

I usually want to use tins for the pump because the pump sometimes pumps up to +64 tin cells and I don't want to "waste" it (because I need some batteries). Is there a mod which allows you to use anything other for the pump to fill in?

EDIT: Or is it even possible with BuildCraft? And what is RP?

And what is RP?

The most useful mod you will ever hear of

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• "And if you have RP or BC installed, then you dont even need Tincells to fill geothermal Generators."

I usually want to use tins for the pump because the pump sometimes pumps up to +64 tin cells and I don't want to "waste" it (because I need some batteries). Is there a mod which allows you to use anything other for the pump to fill in?

If you, someday, have to run 8 geogen working 24/7, then you could cry 'bout, but for +64 cells? really?

Tinpitchers...

Tin is from VERY LOW Value, because its ONLY used for Containers (like Cells, Batteries, Fuelcans, Foodcans or the Canningmachines), Bronze and Tincables.

Unless you include the cost in Tin from other mods, and then the metal becomes quite valuable ( like with the bucket exploit, for instance)...

But I do agree that there are more resourceful options about transporting lava around with BC/RP... Cells shouldn't be a constant go-to material 24/7 in a Minecraft world...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Unless you include the cost in Tin from other mods, and then the metal becomes quite valuable ( like with the bucket exploit, for instance)...

Yes, and that's why I actually had this idea. I need a lot tin for CompactSolars ( batteries... ) but if I waste everything on getting it, it just wouldn't work

But I do agree that there are more resourceful options about transporting lava around with BC/RP... Cells shouldn't be a constant go-to material 24/7 in a Minecraft world...

I have tried to install BC/RP, but I think I'm to stupid to use this yet. Do you know any good tutorial (good if he starts with installing it, because there are so much packages), perhaps?

• I have tried to install BC/RP, but I think I'm to stupid to use this yet. Do you know any good tutorial (good if he starts with installing it, because there are so much packages), perhaps?

About RedPower

This guy have some usefull stuff, and if you ask Greg in this thread, I'm sure he will willing to help you with some RP stuff. In fact almost everyone on this forum can help you with RP stuff.

And about BuildCraft

This guy have usefull stuff 'bout BC too. But in my opinion, you just need to know how the pump and waterproof pipes works, and some power-converter(IC/BC) add-on that catch your fancy.

And about installing the 734463464535 packages, just make sure to download the right version compatible with forge of BC and RP, and put all those 734463464535 packages on your mods folder.

• Official Post

If you ask Greg in this thread, I'm sure he will willing to help you with some RP stuff. In fact almost everyone on this forum can help you with RP stuff.

Of course i would help him.

Would you use Iridium Cells (the same recipe as Tin) if they would be returned after use?

Nope. In fact, i only use Cells for stuff like Nuclearreactors, Coolantcells or Hydrationcells. (I dont even use them for CF or wetting Coaldust, because of an Autocraftingsystem, based on Waterbuckets)

• I recently tried to make a full quantum set using biofuel. However. it costed too much tin. Could it be possible to add an extra slot in the canning machine to
    re use cells?

I am something similar to a cat.

• Why? Using (bio)fuel on a generator or iron furnace (but not stone furnace) properly returns the empty can.

I think he means the cells themselves when you can them inside the canning machine... Those would be lost regardless however...

Cheaper to use Forestry's biofuel Bottler for such a function if they have that installed...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• althoug redpower might be a very useful mod i dont use it too because of the new ores and shit. only the machines and redwire? cool mod. bute the vulcans and tons of new ores and gems are ... i just dont like it.

• RP World is pretty useful imo.
    You can break rubber trees with explosive laser mode and forget your treetap in a dusty closet.
    Fiber cable has 2 recipes, the more effective one uses silver which is generated by redpower.
    Gems and new blocks are just another source of scrap.
    Copper and tin generation can be disabled in both IC2 and RP, so just choose the ones you like more.

• At early game tin is in fact a little rare as you need to dig down quiet a bit. But once you get your miners running you usually have more tin then you can store in chests. As an alternative try to search for a natural cave that goes deep, you might find plenty of tin there.

Beside that, I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of fluid (water/lava) storage block that could be put right next to a pump, so you can pull the stuff out with buckets or just throw it away by destroying the block. Something like a Hayo Cauldron

• At early game tin is in fact a little rare as you need to dig down quiet a bit. But once you get your miners running you usually have more tin then you can store in chests. As an alternative try to search for a natural cave that goes deep, you might find plenty of tin there.

Beside that, I think it would be a good idea to have some kind of fluid (water/lava) storage block that could be put right next to a pump, so you can pull the stuff out with buckets or just throw it away by destroying the block. Something like a Hayo Cauldron

Ive seen your cauldron suggestion before and if memory serves me it wasnt a very pretty thread.

I dont see how you guys are having such a problem getting tin, i feel like i am swimming in it most the time, in my world i have a Personal chest dedicated just to tin.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"