Nuclear reactor 1.105 speculation.

• To recap:
    <see Ricks post on page 3 for a link to the actual note, all following is interpretation, then speculation>
    Text literally copied from the note will be in green.

So, we have:
    U-235 = (o)=(u) Which is quite certainly a regular uranium cell.
    (u), (u)(u), (u)(u) are then recipes/icons for the single/double/quadruple uranium cells.
    _________(u)(u)

o = (lightning) There is also a probable relation with energy production (u) -> o, (u)(u) -> oo and (u)(u)(u)(u) -> ooo
    o = 4xH I suspect this is heat -> as there is a table with o and H -> when o>4, H is "HOT"

Maxeff =7 this is quite selfexplanory.
    Following the "HOT" comment we come at the "need cooling" business
    We also get a glimpse on how the quadcells will be made
    (u)+(u)+DCP =(u)(u)
    2(u)(u)+3DCP =(u)(u)
    ____________(u)(u)

Where DCP is another riddle.
    HOT & COLD...
    Need durable plating...
    - Heatable
    -KUPR! = compress = DCP

Which is probably Copper, as pointed out before. So we probably have compressed copper plates as a major build component.
    I like the Hazmat suit recipe :P at least I suspect it is as it clearly represents a modified nanosuit pack and it has Safety first written all over. I wonder what its made of though.
    Instead of Carbon plates the recipe uses R and O
    R: reinforced stone (probably not)
    O: seeing as "make it orange" is written near you could think it is orange dye
    O: could also be a diamond/energy crystal

This DCP is further used in the fabrication of Heat switches/fans.Cooling goes hot = BAD -> Needs AIR for this we need 4 good iron and 4 [reinforced?][perforated?] iron in the shape of a furnace note that the "new iron" icon is a #
    Then we have Cooling good, but how to get the H to the coolers? followed by the recipe of the heat switch:
    MinecraftGhast :Advanced Circuit: MinecraftGhast
    [t]DCP[t]
    MinecraftGhast [t] MinecraftGhast
    With MinecraftGhast is empty
    These probably can be upgraded as the recipes under the heat switch drawing are
    [heat switch]+DCP = ?
    [heat switch]+4[t] = ?
    x[heat switch]+DCP+ y:Advanced Circuit:+z =? <- [super transported celle something]

With the last one probably an equasion on how heat is distributed or cooled. Also noteworthy is the [t] which is shaped like a trapezoid in the drawing; it could be tin, as iron has a similar icon but not with the "t".

Another thing we find on the drawing is probably a recipe for the cooling cells.
    [water bucket]+ :Empty Cell: = :Water Cell: +[t]x4 = :Coolant Cell: where I suspect the regular coolant cells have a new recipe.
    These can be combined following the next scribbles:
    :Coolant Cell: =10K [heat] [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =30k [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =60K
    and [:Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] =
    :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:

[ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]
    [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]=
    MinecraftGhast:Refined Iron:MinecraftGhast
    [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell:] ? [ :Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell::Coolant Cell: ]
    MinecraftGhast:Refined Iron:MinecraftGhast

? <- DCP?

Then we only have Suggestions for Breeding and suggestions for Comme@#{{[ left :p

Using a :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: + 2DCP gives a new reactor component. this can be recombined with 2 [A]? with [a] being advanced alloy (i assume)

or we can use :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: +4[t] +4# (remember, # was the perforated/reinforced/referrated iron)

Breeding:

For one use cooling
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: [heatswitch] :Refined Iron:
    gives [X] and
    :Iron: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Iron:
    [x][L][x]
    :Iron: [heatswitch] :Iron:

L = Blau block (translates to blue block if i'm not wrong, presumably lapis lazuli block.)

For effectiveness
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Copper Ingot: DCP :Copper Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot: = x4 + DCPx1 = super [unreadable]

So we get at least two components solely for breeding. a component or block that increases efficiëncy and one that cools the reactor (although only one time)

That was my two cents, hopefully I have something right or have I helped some of you guys to find the solution to the dragonlord's riddles.

Baru~

• I've been mulling over what all DCP could stand for. These are all the words I can come up with that would fit. Mix and match for your own combinations! =P

D:

Double
    Dense
    Depleted
    Diamond
    Deuterium
    Doped
    Degenerate
    Denatured
    Diluted

C:

Carbon
    Copper
    Cladded
    Conductive
    Convex
    Convection
    Concentrate
    Compressed
    Cooling/Coolant
    Catalyst
    Capacity/Capacitor
    Charged
    Concave

P:

Plating
    Pellet
    Pulsor (Pulser?)
    Prism
    Pile
    Pin

One other possibility is that the "D" is in fact an "O." Should such be the case, here's some possible ideas.

O:

Obsidian
    Obtuse
    Obstructive
    Oblong
    Oppositely
    Octohedral
    Objective

Maybe this'll help narrow down our mystery component's identity.

• Official Post

I'll give you a hint:
    The correct translation for the DCP term is in your list :3

• I like the Hazmat suit recipe :P at least I suspect it is as it clearly represents a modified nanosuit pack and it has Safety first written all over. I wonder what its made of though.
    Instead of Carbon plates the recipe uses R and O
    R: reinforced stone (probably not)
    O: seeing as "make it orange" is written near you could think it is orange dye
    O: could also be a diamond/energy crystal

"R" is probably rubber, seeing as Alblaka mentioned a rubber hazmat suit somewhen.

For effectiveness
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Copper Ingot: DCP :Copper Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Ingot: = x4 + DCPx1 = super [unreadable]

I think it's super metal.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Rubber, right! I don't know why I didnt think of that x]

Super metal, certainly a possibility! it is like advanced alloy Mk2

• If you check the comments in the blog, Alblaka did mention that you could use a full stack of diamonds to make a reactor.
    "diamond cladded plating"?
    Personally, I think its possible that the first word is diamond, since we haven't seen anything else using them.
    p.s. I CANNOT WAIT :D

• I was actually doing a little side research myself, and one of the things that I came across (and remembered after the fact) is that Deuterium is used as a coolant in Heavy Water Reactors.

Conclusion? My new theory is DCP = Deuterium Coolant Pellet.

• I quite like the hint given in the original 'leaked' diagram.
    "Need durable plating!"

I suggest the P has to be plating. D might be durable or dense (given it's compressed, and is apparently in the earlier list.)

Dense Copper Plating?

Also that the stuff is used everywhere, and therefore ought to be reasonably affordable. People seem to have too much copper, and copper already has a use as a heat spreading tech in IC2. So that's my guess.

• The stuff at the bottom left is the HAZMAT suit! I recognize the rubber boots!

:Rubber: :Intergrated Plating: :Rubber:

:Rubber: :Intergrated Plating: :Rubber:

:Rubber: :Rubber Trampoline: :Rubber:

:Rubber Trampoline: is wool, :Intergrated Plating: is nothing

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• +100 Points

will you try to limit disclosure of reactor's TE code (similar to brewing\crops\UUM) or community will be allowed to disclose superoptimal setups at day0?
    in case of NDA style strategy i can suggest you to randomize params per reactor TE instance, this will render any precalculation tools ineffective and disable copypaste winbutton;
    few hidden params that effect heat distribution, energy generation, effectiveness of components that unique for every reactor will render superoptimal recipe copypaste impossible.

• Biggest part of IC is freedom and having fun.
    I have the most fun figuring stuff out myself and apply it. Discussing effective designs, etcetera,
    There is no real reason to hide it, if someone is determined they would just find a way to get the same effect.
    If they get fun that way, let them have it :)

On-topic, neat, new toys to play around with <3

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Official Post

facepalm...

you wont have any fun if first thread on forum you will see on release day is about superoptimal setup one and only possible best

The point of the rework is to make it impossible to build THE ONLY BEST setup.
    Of course there will be some generic strategies which usually work the best, but you can still do things different from reactor to reactor.

As well I will go with the common popularity-balance: Every component used by many people will be nerfed, every rare-used thing will be buffed.

• You are holding the mouse right :)?
    Also, read what I said, I merely stated that there is no reason to force obscurity, look at the UUM recipes situation, people would just use other methods of obtaining said info, it happened before, and is probably one of the reason it won't be done this time.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• As well I will go with the common popularity-balance: Every component used by many people will be nerfed, every rare-used thing will be buffed.

Im still awaiting a green gen nerf >.>. /joke? (P.S did you ever tinkered with the alternatives to make solar less laggy?)

Lets see if that revamp of the Nuclear Gen makes me want to use it, honestly i haven't used it before because i was a lazy ass that like geo gens mostly and because i never really needed the ridiculously amount of EU a Nuclear can produce.

• Im still awaiting a green gen nerf >.>. /joke? (P.S did you ever tinkered with the alternatives to make solar less laggy?)

Lets see if that revamp of the Nuclear Gen makes me want to use it, honestly i haven't used it before because i was a lazy ass that like geo gens mostly and because i never really needed the ridiculously amount of EU a Nuclear can produce.

If your only half joking then to the non joking half, if you believe green generators need a Nerf then just configure it as so. I Believe solar lag was fixed some time ago.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"