Nuclear reactor 1.105 speculation.

• Official Post

I Believe solar lag was fixed some time ago.

He refers to people spamming thousands of Solar Panels. 'Sort of no noticeable lag' * infinity = lag, and there's not much I can do about that, unless nerfing solar panels to a degree where people stop spamming/using them.

I would like to suggest adding a config option to allow/disallow CASUC? Not everybody thinks they are overpowered and some people do like to have that option.

CASUC system will be dramatically changed in 1.105 either way.

• OR...you could implement something like the CompatSolars addon into the main files. Just sayin'.

And get even more people going "OMG SOLER IS TEH SUPER BESTEST MOST OP GENERETAR EVAR!"? I'm not certain that's a good idea

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• He refers to people spamming thousands of Solar Panels. 'Sort of no noticeable lag' * infinity = lag, and there's not much I can do about that, unless nerfing solar panels to a degree where people stop spamming/using them.

You could try something like this?: From this mod "Factorization"; Not that i really know if thats better or worse actually since i just recently discovered that mod. (The "explanation" about the mirrors and the "solar turbine" its under the "electrical charge" spoiler.

I remember one of your post saying you were messing around with some ideas to make solar panels that are next to each other to add all the energy they produce to a concentrator or something like that (If i remember which thread it was i will link it).

• can we please not turn this tread into a discussion of solar's?

back to nuke's! More leaks please!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• MOAR NUKLEAR REACTOR LEAKS!!!1111

btw what about reactor destruction scenario? IRL rod based reactor do not explode by itself (there is nothing to explode inside reactor) hydrogen vapors or overpresure steam cause destruction.

I suggest something like "realistic" destruction when reactor explode multiple times with increasing power each time and only after few explosions destruct completely. (just like IRL ones does with water tanks explode one by one)

This will still punish user for stupid reactor design, but in case of experementation, overheating reactor wont cause instant base wipe and will provide chance to cooldown reactor and keep all your stuff intact (if reactor was shielded).

This will require implementation (actually single boolean) of critical state mode, and disabling ability to wrench reactor with nonzero heat.
    In critical state rods shoud be unremovable.

As soon as reactor gone critical it will generate explosions (similar to lava in current implementation), wont generate any energy and internal cooling is disabled. (rods shoud continue to take "damage" and produce heat)
    Since cooling is disabled reactor heat will increase ever if in normal conditions such setup wont generate any heat.

Since reactor meltdown not instant user will have nice chance to do something to stop meltdown or wait unevoidable destruction of it's base (actually this will be fun to make meltdown unevoidable and slow)

• can we please not turn this tread into a discussion of solar's?

back to nuke's! More leaks please!

I will only comply because the title do say "Nuclear Reactor".

MOAR NUKLEAR REACTOR LEAKS!!!1111

btw what about reactor destruction scenario? IRL rod based reactor do not explode by itself (there is nothing to explode inside reactor) hydrogen vapors or overpresure steam cause destruction. -Snip-

Too much bothersome of a change for something that already works great.

• I know, this is bugging ppl, but I had some thoughts about cells.I think, that advanced uranium cells are too high tech to use in the starting reactor, maybe ability to add these cells should become automatically possible, when reactor is surrounded with chambers?

• CASUC reactors are not overpowered imo. it is one system built on top of another...the whole concept of IC2. you still have to maintain and change-out components of the reactor and supply it proper conditions. i had a breeder reactor melt down because i used a casuc setup, but too many re-enriched cells for both the passive and active cooling to handle even in a SCRAM state. it went up, i had to look at what i was doing, and make adjustments.

long story short, i got power hungry, and it blew up in my face (a feature i'd like to see more of in IC2)
    all part of the game as far as i'm concerned. if you want balance, only use base generators and bat boxes.

• cacus problem was:

"Get cheap RP components, assemble them by manual, get much more power then conventional reactor with much more investment can provide"

such situation called "win button" and it make obsolete any other gameplay options.

but you (devs) still able to make everyone happy by allowing CACUS by config and set default to off, in this case SMP admins will have power to allow it if they want.

• To evaluate balance, you need to look at what you'd need to do if you didn't have CASUC to achieve the same result.

In this case, it's an array of 20 regular two chamber reactors to achieve 1600Eu/t. At a lower efficiency mark.

So yes, CASUC gives you an awful lot more power for less investment than any other strategy, and additionally is the highest output power available in the game. In other words, it's overpowered and needs nerfing.

• First question: Do you prefer CASUC (not cacus) or Compact Solars?

I actually prefer CASUC over solar and standard reactor because it have the highest energy efficiency/ space efficiency over all other power generation methods (except HV solar array) and it makes easier breeder, because if you have the correct setup, you can lock the temperature at the most efficient breeding temperature, without using lava, IHD, cooling cells and other not exactly cheap consumable materials.

Off topic: How do you create signs?

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• compact solars is cheat similar to EE, nothing to discuss.

some mods (addons)(plugins) provide advantage over reasonable limits, not possible to compare compact solars vs reactor.

signature can be set via edit profile link on top of screen.

• I remeber watching one of Direwolf20's server lp's a few weeks ago, with RichardG complaining about CASUC's in general -- apparently they have been the bane of the IC2 team for a while. But I can understand why the CASUC nerf was was done -- a CASUC reactor can supply much more power than any other form of power generation, at a far lower cost. A well-made, 6-chamber casuc can output 2200+ Eu/t at a cost of less than 200 iron ingots, or a mere 25 machine blocks; even geothermal generators with their relatively mighty 20 eu/t don't even come close to that amount of power output.

RawCode -- what about Compact Solars makes it similar to EE? The latter is, after a point, almost identical to creative mode, while the former just reduces the lag from large solar farms -- even a single HV array requires 512 solar panels, and costs 4,096 iron in the machine blocks alone. And again, achieves barely a quarter of what the <200 iron CASUC reactor achieves.

• dont forget about shif key and mod related interactions.

also i dont see any information on reactor GUI, are you really still dont want to display heat and power on its GUI???

casuc obsolete any other sources of energy just like compact solars, you just dont need anything else if this available.