Nuclear reactor 1.105 speculation.

• I remeber watching one of Direwolf20's server lp's a few weeks ago, with RichardG complaining about CASUC's in general -- apparently they have been the bane of the IC2 team for a while. But I can understand why the CASUC nerf was was done -- a CASUC reactor can supply much more power than any other form of power generation, at a far lower cost. A well-made, 6-chamber casuc can output 2200+ Eu/t at a cost of less than 200 iron ingots, or a mere 25 machine blocks; even geothermal generators with their relatively mighty 20 eu/t don't even come close to that amount of power output.

Get your facts right pls a 6 chamber reactor alone costs 184 iron ignots already then you still have to make the whole CASUC system and iam pretty sure thats gonna cost alot more than just 16 ignots.

The max output with buckets is 2020 eu/tick because you have to have some free space for the buckets. With ice you can go higher but you also lose eu because you have to make ice unless you are using EE cheat.

• Might as well show this if you didn't understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DRDt2ZbUA

Boo!!! Totally understand why but Boo!!!!!!

Well, at least my base power will get less interesting to setup. No more 4 MFSU's in parallel to catch all the power from a full on CASUC.

Have no link. Just a massive BC/RP facility that could be done easier with logistics pipes once those are out.

Let me guess, something on the Pahicraft server? Some of the folks there have gone way overboard.

• So you cant put Ice, Waterbuckets or Lavabuckets into its GUI? Thats no Problem, as you clearly did not show us, that tubing Items into it doesnt work either.

Actually if you can't place the item in the machine, RP tubes and BC pipes will not be able to put it in either, at least that's been my experience, this only applies to the inputs of the device, RP tubes can easily backup and put anything it wants into the output of a machine. BC just drops the item on the floor if it does not fit.

• Get your facts right pls a 6 chamber reactor alone costs 184 iron ignots already then you still have to make the whole CASUC system and iam pretty sure thats gonna cost alot more than just 16 ignots.

The max output with buckets is 2020 eu/tick because you have to have some free space for the buckets. With ice you can go higher but you also lose eu because you have to make ice unless you are using EE cheat.

That may justify the first round, but what about the second, and the third and the fourth and Ad infinitum?

• Official Post

Reactors automatically eject unfitting items, as they did before I made the custom slot for them.

I was referring to a probably happening Glitch, which could still be in the old Code. So is the old CASUC-Coolant/Heatingcode completlty deleted, or did you just disable those Sungleuse Items in the Slots?

• The reactor was mostly rewritten, offloading component calculation into an interface and without any support for SUC or external cooling.

I'm not sure if I like this change or not, but IC2 is your baby, so there's not much I can do to complain about it. :) At this point, I don't have enough information to know if the new reactors are going to be worth the effort or not. CASUC was worth it because you had to get your supply line setup correctly (unless you were using EE) and had to build in safety measures in case "something bad happened" and you were rewarded with a high power output reactor. We'll just have to wait and see how the new reactors end up compared to other sources of power.

• some ninjastuff?

i want reactor TE code unobfuscated and commented and\or API, for lulz and brainstorming in its current (snapshot) implementation, this wont slowdown work but possible provide some nonoob feedback.

• some ninjastuff?

i want reactor TE code unobfuscated and commented and\or API, for lulz and brainstorming in its current (snapshot) implementation, this wont slowdown work but possible provide some nonoob feedback.

I extremely agree with this, because this can make me making my addon easier.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• The reactor was mostly rewritten, offloading component calculation into an interface and without any support for SUC or external cooling.

Theoritically, if I were to create an item that implements that interface, and instantly reduces the reactor heat by 300+ heat units but decreases its stack size by one in the process, would that work?

• I expect so - all existing reactor components are being written in terms of the API, so all new ones should be able to do the same things as the official ones. So, I expect it should be possible.

From what I can see, regular reactors are being buffed considerably. Where you used to have single U cells, you can now make quad cells. You can make cooling cells x6. It looks like you can improve that performance further with fan components. I don't think it should be too painful losing CASUC's.