something wrong with the beta

• You would think by now Mojang would give "early releases" to massive modders like IC2/Buildcraft/etc so they could get a month or two head start on massive changes.

They actually release the current snapshots, but since everything in these snapshots could change without warning i can understand why the modders do not (or only very carefully) work with the snapshots.

• Reading a little about lexmannos in the forge forum... i seriously doubt it will change anything.

P.S: I also like lexmannos because he isn't afraid to call people idiots when they deserve it hehehe.

P.S2: This thread its becoming annoying fast too. Let the devs work at their own pace.

• [Sarcasm]
    And since IC2 is not released yet, Eloraam can take her time with the release of RP.
    [/Sarcasm]

I would also pledge for the release of the current version, with a bugfix afterward, as long as there are no game breaking bugs present.
    Buildcraft did a semi-official release of their pre-version, and for me it's working great :)

Hehe nice one xd

1 thing i can tell you if they release it now we nuclear engineers will figure out what every component does and track any leftover bugs :). Might create some craters in the process but that whats nuclear engineering is all about xd.

• I always loved the craters for reactor explosions, probably the most entertaining way to find out you screwed something up.

Do everyone a favor, go hug a creeper. MinecraftCreeper

• I've lurked the forums for a while but made a account to agree with the poster above. Industrialcraft was my first Mod that got me into Mods. I originally never cared or liked minecraft til I saw IC. Been playing minecraft for over 8months since.

• Not to be an asshole... Nahhh who am i kidding, i love being an asshole, ahem, anyway there is a thread made specifically for those "thank you" that bring zilch to the discussion at hand...

(+1 and -1 comments goes into the portable black hole made by the "OMG WHO THE FUCK CARES" company in association with "Theres a stupid Star Rating system at the bottom of each topic so goddamit use it if you don't plan to say more than 2 words or anything smart for that matter" industries, for a better mod development environment here in IndustrialCraft Industries... [Redundancy much? Lol {a though withing a though withing a though... yo dawg!}])

• Take your time on it. I am in a beta which I cannot name and it is quite addictive. Takes me back to the 90's and well can't say much more until NDA is lifted hopefully next month. I was invited to the PlanetSide2 beta, but SOE made it impossible for the HD 38xx series from playing PS2 and I refuse to spend $200 (that I don't have) on a new video card. This other beta which cannot be named works with the HD38xx series without any problems. I might sign up for their pre-order package :)

• Take your time on it. I am in a beta which I cannot name and it is quite addictive. Takes me back to the 90's and well can't say much more until NDA is lifted hopefully next month. I was invited to the PlanetSide2 beta, but SOE made it impossible for the HD 38xx series from playing PS2 and I refuse to spend $200 (that I don't have) on a new video card. This other beta which cannot be named works with the HD38xx series without any problems. I might sign up for their pre-order package :)

Sounds like X-COM. Looking forward to that.

• MWO ^^ They're the only Beta (i know off) containing a "You may not name you are in this beta"-NDA.

Wait a second.. there's a new X-Com game coming up? WANT LINK NOW!

http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/

Remember: Always ask for the Firaxis version, not the 2k Marin one.

Edit: The 90's feel, the hint that the silence would be lifted next month (release) and the system requirements led me to believe that it was X-COM. Oh, and the whole pre-ordering thing, now that they're offering Civ V with it.

• I seriously hope it will be as fun, as original X-COM. Without unnecessary simplifications.

I will crush your hope before you get any more "hoping". This game is going to be the simplest tactical game ever. It should not be even named X-COM. That just confuses old fans. Old X-COM and this one wont have even one common thing. Except for title.

• I seriously hope it will be as fun, as original X-COM. Without unnecessary simplifications.

there's quite a few videos here on gametrailers if your interested.

I will crush your hope before you get any more "hoping". This game is going to be the simplest tactical game ever. It should not be even named X-COM. That just confuses old fans. Old X-COM and this one wont have even one common thing. Except for title.

Spoken like someone who hasn't even looked at *any* of the info.
    This is Firaxis, they're doing a rather good job based on what i've seen so far.

• So turns out they changed the NDA and I never saw it, but yes I can say which one now and it MWO. They just dumped a large amount of users into the server, and hopefully soon they will move to open beta and kill the NDA.