It has begun

• Just made a 600 eu/tick reactor based off gold vents.
    They have definitely not been nerfed.
    I have to say, the IC2 developers have outdone themselves this time.
    The amount of possible combinations and permutations that are all completely valid is incredible.
    Safety, Power, Run Length, Efficiency, Breeding, Explosion Size, Environmental effects, Resource costs...
    This is what Nuclear engineering is about.
    P.s. Try removing the heat from Gold Vents. If you can get it to work, it is so worth it.

• Bucket/snowmen powered CASUCs were op and made little sense, let alone balance.
    Though I loved the setup with a lot of IC2 pumps/compressors. It was pretty realistic, and I still hope we will get something like that.

• baturinsky, please.

Please what? He's right. There was never much point to making nuclear reactors that only provided you with a trickle of power if you could just replace them with a few GeoGens. Now that the only way of getting a reasonable output is gone, the only reason to bother building a reactor is so that you have SOMETHING to use your uranium for, provided you're not enthused to destroying your world with nukes.

• Please what? He's right. There was never much point to making nuclear reactors that only provided you with a trickle of power if you could just replace them with a few GeoGens. Now that the only way of getting a reasonable output is gone, the only reason to bother building a reactor is so that you have SOMETHING to use your uranium for, provided you're not enthused to destroying your world with nukes.

Excuse me, what? You apparently haven't ever even touched a nuclear reactor. The only way to get similar sustainable output is to make green gens(costs way more) or to build a huge lava farm in the nether(requires tons of maintanance). One uranium is easily worth several stacks of lava cells.

• or to build a huge lava farm in the nether(requires tons of maintanance).

Hey, the only downside of a geogen station is moving the power from the Nether to the Over World D:>

And now we can make a (expensive yes ofc) powerfull-small generators(before this we only got geogen).

• I have just realized that CUSUC like piles are still possible as I saw a lack of code allowing RP pipes to be used and I doubt Eloramm has implemented a method to disallow certain blocks to connect. Just replaced buckets with heat storage cells and build cooling generators.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• Excuse me, what? You apparently haven't ever even touched a nuclear reactor. The only way to get similar sustainable output is to make green gens(costs way more) or to build a huge lava farm in the nether(requires tons of maintanance). One uranium is easily worth several stacks of lava cells.

Maybe if you're only using IC2. I use more than that, so it's not really that difficult to use a geo farm.

And, one uranium cell (in an efficiency 1 reactor, with each cell emitting 1kk EU total) is worth 50 lava cells, not "several stacks" so It's still easier than you think. Many CASUC reactor designs can use up to 47 uranium cells, with an overall efficiency of almost 4 and quite a bit more total EU output.

• I think someone will make an addon to reenable CASUC and external cooling

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• While CASUC is out, it is possible to run a high-SUC reactor, although it would eat up redstone and lapis like candy. Well, I suppose the term Continuously Applied Single-Use Coolant would still apply, because you are still continuously applying SUC, but it can't be the ONLY component other than nuclear material anymore.

Basically, you use Logistics Pipes. You've got autocrafting tables set up to make Lapis Condensaters, and replace when depleted. Depending on the amount of heat you can divert to a single component, you can get quite a bit of cooling here. It will eat up a lot of Lapis, though. And I mean a -LOT-. Like you'd need EE in order to keep yourself supplied a lot.

Use a Chassis Mk. II pipe for feed. Have a supplier module supplying full Lapis Condensaters. Have an Extractor Module pull empty ones out.

Mind you, there would be some lag as the Lapis Condensaters are being produced. You may need to establish a buffer chest with a Supplier Module and Provider Module to keep supplied with Lapis Condensaters in order to keep up with demand quicker. And even then, there would be some delay as the logistics system realizes the nuclear generator requires one and transit time. This would need to be taken into consideration to make a fully automated system.

• i'm going to note right now that your reactor can easily go super-critical(boom) before the slightest puff of smoke lifts off your reactor.

*begins hazmat cleanup*

*waiting for nuclear control add-on to update before experimenting with high-end reactors again*

• Indeed, inucune.

I had what I thought was a relatively inexpensive, 100EU/T Reactor design, and as the components needed to cool down, I turned it off.

I thought 'Wow, this design is good, no smoke so far and only a small cooldown time!'

5 seconds later, it went boom.

• I have just realized that CUSUC like piles are still possible as I saw a lack of code allowing RP pipes to be used and I doubt Eloramm has implemented a method to disallow certain blocks to connect. Just replaced buckets with heat storage cells and build cooling generators.

Yes, but it is not likely to be effective. Heat storage cells are prohibitively expensive. Pipes can be used for replacing uranium cells and such, though.

• Official Post

Ok, no offense, but if you start building CASUC's by sending Coolant Cells around... Proceed, I think that's still WAY more balanced then spamming waterbuckets :3
    And given it will need you quite a few reactors with loads of components to achieve an effective cooling chain...