[IC² 1.118][Universal] ChargePads v2.8.0 (build 93)

• I love chargepad, but have the same problem.

Is there a trick to use it, may be with energy-converter mods?

Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es (Erich Kästner)

• Post the source code for this mod so the community can benefit from it? Is that too much to ask? I mean if this is a community effort/mod that does not make money it's reasonable to expect the code to be released when someone gives up so that your effort in the community doesn't die with you. Or am I not logical enough for this.

EDIT: Just because you don't see eye to eye with the changes to IC2 which I'm sure a lot of people are not found of including myself, It would be great if you either gave up and released your source code or handed the project off to someone who will continue it. The community should not have to suffer because you don't like changes to IC2 (That's a selfish IMO, It's not about your glory is it?), you could convert to switch to TE or EnderIO/ExtraUtilities, etc. If you're that unhappy ;D, No? Then you might as well release or pass on and call it quits. I'm sure a decent java developer could easily update your mod to the newest version of ic2 and bug test until it works. I know I could do it, IF I had the code, But, I can't because the source is non-existent. Many people just want this for their own personal use.

• I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask, but given that this mod has been inactive for quite a long time...

Does anyone know of a mod that performs a similar function as ChargePads?

• Official Post

The charge pads in vanilla IC2?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

No one is going to bother remaking chargepads if the essential feature is already in IC2. Maybe upgrades could be added, but I expect that'd be really low in the dev's priorities.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Anyone know a way of automating the loading and unloading of energy crystals in the charge pad for 1.6.4?

I realise the direct hooking up to power doesn't work, but manually putting in batteries does. I'm able to setup an automatic way of charging the energy crystals, but so far haven't found an automated way of loading/unloading them from the pads. I thought AE might do it, but it wont load or extract using the import/export buses :(

Is there another way to load and eject from the battery slot in the pads?

Perhaps the author might consider making the mod compatible with AE import/export buses?

• I really doubt the mod author will give an update this old addon.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

They were waiting for IC2 to stabilise, then abandoned it all together, then charge pads were added to IC2.

I see this too much.

• They were waiting for IC2 to stabilise, then abandoned it all together, then charge pads were added to IC2.

But the new chargepads are only for 1.7.2+ aren't they? I'm looking for a solution for a 1.6.4 mod pack

I thought I was on to something with using energy crystals, aren't there any mods that can load or unload to the battery slot in the 1.6.2 version of chargepads?

• Official Post

If the normal pipe type methods don't work from the bottom of the pad, then I doubt you can.

I see this too much.

• You can probably ask Myrathi for permission to make and use a modified version of the mod. Since he isn't maintaining this, I doubt he'd mind.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• But the new chargepads are only for 1.7.2+ aren't they? I'm looking for a solution for a 1.6.4 mod pack

I thought I was on to something with using energy crystals, aren't there any mods that can load or unload to the battery slot in the 1.6.2 version of chargepads?

Well for charingbench type there are a couple solutions... Charpads are cool but you have to stay on them and not just throw things on it and let them charge (as far as i know)

• For those that are interested chargepads for 162 can be used in 164, but this was the only way I managed to get it working:

Setup some kind of automated IC2 Energy Crystal charging system using whatever (I handled them with AE). i.e. you want an automated system that automatically charges any depleted IC2 Energy Crystals and puts them back in to your item storage system.

Place your charge pad in your base
    Attach an Empowered Item Conduit from Ender IO to the bottom of the chargepad and set it to In/Out mode
    In the Insertion Filter whitelist put a fully charged IC2 Energy Crystal
    In the Extraction Filter put a fully discharged IC2 Energy Crystal and set the redstone mode appropriately to your needs (set active without signal if you want it to default to on)

Link up the Ender IO part of the system to your item storage system

Fully charged IC2 Energy Crystals will go in to your chargepad and fill up the energy buffer. Once the IC2 Energy Crystal is completely depleted they will be extracted and past to your item storage system where they will be recharged (round and round it goes). Not the fastest way to power a chargepad but IT WORKS! :thumbup:

NB: I was using the following mods under 1.6.4
    chargepads-1.6.2-universal-3.0.0.94-experimental.jar
    EnderIO-1.6.4-1.0.6.376.jar
    Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4
    + a bizzilion other mods (my own private pack - not available online sorry)