[Suggestion] Outer space exploration.

• I know that it is not the central idea of IC, neither a thing that can be done easily, but it is an idea that can hardly be done by any other team and a thing that I always dreamed of in Minecraft.

We could be able to explore outer space by means we know that are possible in our reality, like visiting the moon with moved by usual fuel. Or even with things that might be possible, like using anti-matter, íons, etc as fuel. Or like bending the space-time.

There could be means even to find out hospitable planets, with life forms in it.

Well, I know that this suggestion probably won't be considered, at least for a near version, but I would wait any time you need to do this. :)

• Already suggested here , here , and here. If I remember correctly, something like a space dimension is planned for the GregTech addon.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Already feasible.
    Space dimension: Void Mystcraft age with black sky, black clouds and black fog with eternal day.

Other planets: go wild with mystcraft.

• This reminds me of the 4-fold april fools joke.

Domain seized for "conspiracy to commit Minecraft modding" and for "HAYO" was my personal favorite, it wasn't hard to see through, and people still thought it was legitimate

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Already feasible.
    Space dimension: Void Mystcraft age with black sky, black clouds and black fog with eternal day.

Other planets: go wild with mystcraft.

Yeah, but there's no Spacecrafts :´(
    Neither a view of other galaxies, planets, etc.

• Yeah, but there's no Spacecrafts :´(
    Neither a view of other galaxies, planets, etc.

Heard of Zepplin\RP2 frames? Use those and make your own. For galaxies/planets, use this mod for that.

• You don't understand, the cool part wouldn't be just getting to new worlds, it would be the process to get stuff working for space travelling, meeting new life forms, the possibility to look outside your spacecraft, looking awsome planets, researching different elements, making routes for stuff you see in the sky. Also, the travelling with Mystcraft is too momentary, space travel should take a really long time.
    Ps.: Sorry for reviving this post.

• You don't understand, the cool part wouldn't be just getting to new worlds, it would be the process to get stuff working for space travelling, meeting new life forms, the possibility to look outside your spacecraft, looking awsome planets, researching different elements, making routes for stuff you see in the sky. Also, the travelling with Mystcraft is too momentary, space travel should take a really long time.
    Ps.: Sorry for reviving this post.

You don't understand. That was OBVIOUS. But, it's denied for IC², it's a lot of work, and it's planned in the Gregtech addon (advertising at the bottom ehe).
    And space travelling ? No? That would be more like advanced portal i.e. wormhole.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Well if Kentington does half the things in his upcoming addon that he says will be in it, this very well may be a possibility sometime in the near future.

• I only have one thing to say, Night Sky+ Space mod, as far as im aware, it's still in 1.2.5 but hopefully it will update soon

• Ok, I'm always game for space stuff, but this definitely feels more like an addon rather than part of the core game (even though I'd love it to be).

But in part that's just because of my ridiculous desire to be put in the most unforgiving environments possible (I play Terrafirmacraft, if you were wondering). I'd like to have to build a spaceship (a FULL SIZE one, too), and have to wait out the days in travel before you get there. Hope you built your spaceship out of good materials, because you might clip a random piece of debris going 85% the speed of light! If you get sucked out (or are just really curious), then you'll find the lack of gravity in space to be very disorienting as your ship continues on without you. And then you'll die, of course.

Those who can wait out the journey and complete it safely can be rewarded with sights unlike anything they've ever seen before (assuming they haven't played Mystcraft, of course). Perhaps some new blocks with novel uses, yadda yadda, for me all the fun is in the technology and the construction and the boring journey in which you try to amuse yourself for an in-game month. ok I'm done.

• Ok, I'm always game for space stuff, but this definitely feels more like an addon rather than part of the core game (even though I'd love it to be).

But in part that's just because of my ridiculous desire to be put in the most unforgiving environments possible (I play Terrafirmacraft, if you were wondering). I'd like to have to build a spaceship (a FULL SIZE one, too), and have to wait out the days in travel before you get there. Hope you built your spaceship out of good materials, because you might clip a random piece of debris going 85% the speed of light! If you get sucked out (or are just really curious), then you'll find the lack of gravity in space to be very disorienting as your ship continues on without you. And then you'll die, of course.

Those who can wait out the journey and complete it safely can be rewarded with sights unlike anything they've ever seen before (assuming they haven't played Mystcraft, of course). Perhaps some new blocks with novel uses, yadda yadda, for me all the fun is in the technology and the construction and the boring journey in which you try to amuse yourself for an in-game month. ok I'm done.

Dead thread is dead, no need to revive it.