What is the fastest time anyone here has gotten a full set of quantum armor?

• I thought it would be amusing if somebody actually held a contest for this but I'm not sure if it is allowed.

So, what's the fastest time you have gotten a full set?

Leaderboard:
    1: SpwnX, Raw Code ("few hours")
    2: blaster (2 days)

In progress:
    Nicol bolas planeswalker (currently has quantum leggings and helmet)

If I can hold a contest, then here are the rules:

• it doesn't matter if you can successfully charge it, it only matters that you craft it.
    • No cheating out items, every item must be obtained legitimately. you can use CraftGuide and use NEI only for recipes but that is the only kind of support you can get.

More rules coming as I find new problems.

I have decided to get my quantum armor in order of leggings, helmet, boots, then chest plate. The leggings are obviously first as you run in your mines and caves and whatever faster, plus what else goes on the legs (other than hazmat leggings). Then comes the helmet so you don't have to care about food and other effects (what else goes there anyway. Nobody wears solar helmets and who wears scuba helmets while mining (unless you are really paranoid)), then the boots cause they are cheaper to craft (what goes there anyway? rubber boots? quantum is better. Static boots? screw it!! takes too long to charge!!!) and then the body armor (takes too long to craft and some utility thing is usually there)

• Official Post

I thought it would be amusing if somebody actually held a contest for this but I'm not sure if it is allowed.So, what's the fastest time you have gotten a full set?

10 seconds. You didnt say legit.

it doesn't matter if you can successfully charge it, it only matters that you craft it.

Oh, then a Minute to encheat the Materials.

• I think my record is 2 days if i play non stop vanilla IC2, i wonder how quick somone could get it with EE2 though?

• hmm...I never bothered to get it with just ic2...it would be madness...you would literally grow a beard in front of your recyclers.
    and with ee2 and other mods I'd say 2-3 hours...all you need are 2 blaze rods a macerator 2 condensers and some clever buildcraft piping and you have infinite emc that you can turn into cobble for scrap and lava cells for eus.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• 0.SMP server without griefers 24*7**
    1. Build few massfabs link to few solars
    2.Go IRL for weak
    3.Return and have few stacks of matter without actually playing game
    ???
    fullset in less then few hours of gameplay

**this will allow to place your base in populated area without any risk and your chunks will be loaded.

What is the fastest time anyone here has gotten a full set of quantum armor?

Why does it even matter? Since when has IC2 been like WoW where getting 'teh leetest gaer' was an end-game achievement?

Go build an electricity based city or alter a realm from one state to the next, and then we'll talk endgame...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Time really depends on your other used mods. Using Buildcraft and building a filler-based cobblegen powered by Transformers electric engine... a decent lava lake is all you need to get enough energy, geogens are cheap, so i estimate about 5-6 hours? Could be way off though, got no experience in this regard, I tend to take my time playing ;)

I've got to agree with Magus though. Doing a contest on this seems very silly. But congrats on first place on the leaderboard, though ^^

Hint hint, craft the boots, boostjumps are fun :D

Also: I'm one of these idiots who wear the solar helmet. Not because of the energy, just for the lulz. Quantum helmet as standard headwear is very annoying to me, because I can't eat anything wearing this. Replenishing food via Qhelm costs quite an amount of energy (which isn't an issue), and reloading the helm is annoying. Carrying a stack of something to eat (with high saturation) is far less hassle. So, solar helm, because I can ;) Gives me a reason to build automated farms, ranches and slaughterhouses.

(Hmm, 60 spm (steaks per minute) seems a bit overengineered...)

I seem to remember that the Qhelm once replenished the food bar just up to 9... meat thingies. Don't know why it doesn't anymore... :huh:

• Whoops, I fixed that...

Edit: you're not alone, I wear solar helmet on long journeys too. Remember, minecraft isn't about getting technologically advanced, it's about adventures and building :)

I have successfully crafted the quantum helmet today using a mass fabricator connected to high voltage and mining lots of sand to place in the recycler.
    The boots were my next goal.

I have noticed that it uses 10k energy to replenish hunger but I never knew that the full hunger bar replenishment was new, maybe that was done so you can still heal?

• Most useful quantum piece is leggins by far, with boots second. Helmet was nice, before it got bugged, and bodyarmor is only useful for lava swimming and fighting hordes of mobs..

Less than 5 minutes to find it, just wander near a swamp or forest. Unless you are very unlucky and spawn in a snow biome.

As if, it can take game days easily. And if you play huge biomes and/or came late on active server...

• When I have to visit my boring family and stay like 3 weeks with them, I can farm one at day one (like +16 hours).

• I did it in a couple hours, First thing I did was make a nuclear reactor and start making UU matter. I had the reactor up and running before i ran out of my first set of food from killing pigs. I did the helmet first, then legs, then boots then body.