~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• I suggest a whip. Not for the mod, for Muse to 'motivate' people who post without reading the new rule.

Actually, a whip sounds like a good idea for a separate mod, or a cattle prod if people want an electrical version.

• Hello IC2 Forums, long time viewer first time poster.

I Have played with a bunch of tech mods for a while now, Machine Muse being one of my favorites and as such I would like to make a suggestion.
    The mod is coming along nicely and I didn't see this in the To Do list, basically I suggest a change to the shielding mechanic as it stands you trade X (percentage?) damage for Y energy sounds well enough,
    except that it just feels like god mode once you get all the shield modules (quantum suit suffers from the same problem).
    I propose that the shield modules instead add to a Shield hit point pool, so damage is subtracted from this with no mitigation before the damage is subjected to the player and his armor plates,
    so I can tinker the size of the HP each module adds in exchange for weight.
    Further more a shield has recharge rate, so I can tinker faster recharge at the expense of X damage to Y energy efficiency, so at the low end its 1X for 1Y fully charged in 30 seconds at the high end it would be 1X for 10Y fully charged in 10 seconds (just a example), also in future updates when the heat system is implemented actively recharging shields will generate 1 heat per damage regenerated so faster recharge causes a larger spike in heat.
    Lastly a shield just being left on should draw a small amount yet still noticeable amount of energy from the batteries and generate a small amount of heat for the future updates, scales with total shield HP pool, larger pool more drain and heat.
    This will add game-play incentive to use your fancy button mapping feature.
    These features will cause the player to not think of shields as just lighter armor plates and instead create a dualism where they might consider armor plates as a back up, or not if they don't want the extra weight or if they go for really heavy shielding are they going to have the battery capacity to keep it operational for any meaningful amount of time.

================================================================================================================================================
    "I'm an inventor. I became interested in long-term trends because an invention has to make sense in the world in which it is finished, not the world in which it is started."
    - Ray Kurzweil
    ================================================================================================================================================

• Thanks for the support and I do have plans to make the damage absorption aspect more diverse and interesting :)

• Build #199 is now recommended!

Notable changes since last recommended version:
    -New modules: Radiation Protection (for Calclavia's Atomic Science) and the Railgun!
    -Blink drive is now instant and hitscans, so you can't use it to teleport through warded stone anymore
    -Auto-feeder now only consumes 1 item at a time
    -Buffed top-end damage on the plasma cannon
    -Added tooltip for food storage and tool modes (including instructions to shift-scrollwheel if no mode is selected)
    -Fixes for various bugs and exploits
    -Lots of internal refactoring

• Official Post

Thats nice, now wither skeletons / wither boss won't do "radiation" damage to me anymore =P.
    [Calclavia just renamed wither to radiation, and made his items apply it]

• i got a crash when i updated to the newest version of modular powersuits (222) it came before i get to the menu. here's the multimc log (no normal crash log was created just a white screen, it would have been black on the normal launcher): http://pastebin.com/uZnKZKQb

We are in the middle of migrating to 1.5. These are not stable versions. I'm not interested in bug reports for them.

• Hi, first off, looooove the power suit, comes in real handy when exploring goes horribly wrong.
    I had a few ideas I was hoping to share, so I hope I'm not spamming by posting them here.
    I apologize if anything is impossible or unreasonable, I'm not very familiar with MC code =P
    And sorry for sticking my fingers down my throat and vomiting up a lot of ideas!
    I also apologize that some of these are already on the to-do list, I did a copy paste :(

Head: (Most of these I think would make great additions to the HUD display)
    Adjustable Binocular vision
    Hostile identification (boxes around mobs)
    Power display for all parts of the suit
    Minimap showing enemies, even for just a quick ping.
    Threat Detector (warns the player when enemy mobs are moving to attack player.)

Chest:
    Repulsion field projector (slows down nearby mobs at an adjustable distance)
    Defibrillator (players health gets very low, suit spends energy to heal you or some effect or perhaps uses health potions in your inventory to heal you like the autofeeder)

Legs:
    Accelerometer (displays your current speed in blocks per second)

Feet:
    Magnetic item field (slowly pulls items towards you, including xp)
    Evasive boosters (Quick bursts allow the player to dodge to the sides, front, or back by 5 or so squares)

Tool:
    Higher max charge for plasma cannon
    Faster charge speed for plasma cannon
    Integrated mining laser
    Larger projectile size
    Mineral scanner (scans an area infront of the player, and gives info of what type of blocks are there and how many, but not their locations.
    Integrated tinker table

Thank you so much for spending the time to make this truely epic mod, it's by far my favorite! A lot of close competitors but still.
    I feel like more displays would help players really get into having a power suit. going for sort of an ironman theme here obviously. I mean who hasn't dyed their armor red and flown around blowing up mobs atleast once?
    I especially love the power tool, I always have that thing on me. I mean an integrated shovel, axe, pickaxe, sword, and "bow" all in one? YES.
    And who doesn't feel like a badass charging up the plasma cannon? I kind of wish the limits on how powerful something can be, were taken away, with perhaps increased energy costs. Like a "After X energy, you start building up heat. The integrated cooling mechanism on the suit automatically kicks in but has to spend extra energy after that point" as a justification for exceeding the recommended max. THe swim boosters do nothing for me at my weight, which is unfortunate, because water is sort of my downfall. I could go lighter but...eh, I just stay away from water. I'm like a super charged kitten.

• i hope that get implemented (all of it) :)

• Official Post

Whats about making the Multimeter capable of reading EU like a EU-Reader does?

If possible also making it read MJ in redstone conduicts (there is a tool, just don't remember what it is called) and making it read charge (factorization Charge Meter).

• If possible also making it read MJ in redstone conduicts (there is a tool, just don't remember what it is called) and making it read charge (factorization Charge Meter).

If possible also making it read MJ in redstone conduicts (there is a tool, just don't remember what it is called) and making it read charge (factorization Charge Meter).

That's the Multimeter. Allow it to work on the Liquiducts too!

Additionally, while we're at it, Redpower 2 multimeters!

• Hi, first off, looooove the power suit, comes in real handy when exploring goes horribly wrong.

Thanks for the support.

I had a few ideas I was hoping to share, so I hope I'm not spamming by posting them here.

You are.

Whats about making the Multimeter capable of reading EU like a EU-Reader does?

As are you.

And you.

That's the Multimeter. Allow it to work on the Liquiducts too!

Additionally, while we're at it, Redpower 2 multimeters!

And you.

• Official Post

Probably being a noob, but how can i charge my suit with only the Thermal expansion config?

• Probably being a noob, but how can i charge my suit with only the Thermal expansion config?

Well.. if you don't have IC2 or UE installed, you can still use Powercrystals's Powerconverters ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ters-netherores-and-more/ ) which has a charging pad. But I probably shouldn't support non-ic2 use on these forums.

Note that if you have IC2 installed and just have the recipe set turned off, you can still recharge the powersuit in a batbox for example.

• Official Post

Well.. if you don't have IC2 or UE installed, you can still use Powercrystals's Powerconverters ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ters-netherores-and-more/ ) which has a charging pad. But I probably shouldn't support non-ic2 use on these forums.

Note that if you have IC2 installed and just have the recipe set turned off, you can still recharge the powersuit in a batbox for example.

Not for me you cant, i gave it a full HV Battery, and it has the UE Reading like it normally would, but underneath it it says "0/1 EU" and doesnt charge with EU.