[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Would be cool, perhaps instead of things more then normal torch size, a device that would take in EU Depending on how many blocks it lit up (With controls in the GUI to change it), after say Triple the size of a torch it would need cooling (IE, Water surounding it, and it consumes the water. With Infinite water, easy, without, you need to cool it with ocean water or similar :D )

• What about 3d crafting? a new crafting table (maybe 5x5x5) where you have to craft some things in 3d :P?

so extra utils have that too as an option, so how about GregTech pipes support forge multipart and that you're an ic2 dev could you do it for ic2 cables too? I mean it is optional but chicken bones did a really good job with it:
    http://files.minecraftforge.net/ForgeMultipart/

• The torch thingy would be cool ofc (I even remember Mojang saying they would implemen that ^^) but it would have one major issue:
    If you have to put 1 timer per torch, assuming you put easily more than a stack of torches an hour, don't you think your game would become incredibly laggy ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• what I mean was that we can put covers on them to hide them because IC2 CF thingys look crappy and don't work on pipes (or I do it wrong, but still looks crappy :D)

• The torch thingy would be cool ofc (I even remember Mojang saying they would implemen that ^^) but it would have one major issue:
    If you have to put 1 timer per torch, assuming you put easily more than a stack of torches an hour, don't you think your game would become incredibly laggy ? ^^

Aren't there a lot of things with conditionals continuously being checked based on time systems though?

• it would have one major issue:

Absolutely not. You only need one check for all the torches.

Have a FIFO list of torches in the world. Every time you add/refuel one add it to the end of it with the supposed running out timestamp. Every now and again check the timestamp of the torch in the beginning of the list. If it is supposed to run out of fuel do whatever is needed and remove it from that list. That way the list is automatically sorted at all times and no calculations have to run per-torch.

If there are different fuels with different timers just have separate lists for all the timer lenghts.

• Absolutely not. You only need one check for all the torches.

Have a FIFO list of torches in the world. Every time you add/refuel one add it to the end of it with the supposed running out timestamp. Every now and again check the timestamp of the torch in the beginning of the list. If it is supposed to run out of fuel do whatever is needed and remove it from that list. That way the list is automatically sorted at all times and no calculations have to run per-torch.

If there are different fuels with different timers just have separate lists for all the timer lenghts.

True, that sounds smarter ^^. Then the only lag would be for light updates ...

THEN I NEED IT! ^^
    With a proper luminator as well, lol. (and consuming way less energy, 0.1EU would be fine IMO)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Suggestion : Electric Boiler

As the name says, it uses electrical energy to boil water into steam.
    It also naturally accepts MJ and can convert MJ into steam more efficiently.

Ratios :
    1 EU = 1.9 mB of steam (5% loss)
    1 MJ = 4 mB of steam (20% loss)

Since UE Joules are directly converted into EU, it is 40 J = 1.9 mB of steam.

• Official Post

What you are suggesting is a kettle. We'll need tea bags too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

yea, i need to make tea for my industry workers, about 9001 tea cups.

Okay, the thing is that i could use steam to power machines, a way to adapt to the new e-net system.
    Or make MJ out of EU without any converter, make EU out of MJ,

• Official Post

What you are saying is: Put an electric current through metal, create heat, boil water.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW INEFFICIENT THAT IS? If you want to use wind to power your steam machines thats fine, but good luck doing it!

• Official Post

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW INEFFICIENT THAT IS? If you want to use wind to power your steam machines thats fine, but good luck doing it!

Of course i do, but this is minecraft.
    Also, i want to use steam as "power line", so the current, incomplete, E-net system won't bottleneck anything.

• What you are saying is: Put an electric current through metal, create heat, boil water.

Yeah, but FREE FOOD COOKING INSIDE!

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Going along with finite torches, what about making Flint&Stel required for some stuffs ?

It would be needed for crafting torches, and why not to use furnaces! (so you would cook all your stuff at once to save your igniters ^^)

Of course, it would need a few things, equivalent to the F&S:

... dunno how to call it, something with sticks, as prehumans used ^^: Craftted with 2 sticks, one use.
    Matches: 1 stick + 1 Sulfur Dust (or Phosphorus ? ^^) --> 8 Matches, one use only for each.
    Lighter: 2 Tin Casings, one Flint and Steel, 1 Methane/CoalFuel Liquid Cell. Refuelable with these cells. (And lasts way longer than the Flint&Steel, to makes it interesting).
    Some kind of an expensive Electric Lighter maybe ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Remove Vanilla Furnaces, add multiblock furnace made out of Hardened clay and cobble, Fuel lasts half as long but you can cook 2 items at once, but slower then normal furnace. Also, Remove Vanilla Brick recipe and make it require Mortar, then Buff their hardness and blast resistance :D

• Remove Vanilla Furnaces, add multiblock furnace made out of Hardened clay and cobble, Fuel lasts half as long but you can cook 2 items at once, but slower then normal furnace. Also, Remove Vanilla Brick recipe and make it require Mortar, then Buff their hardness and blast resistance :D

Great Minds thinks alike.

On my profile, I suggested to Greg to add Stone MB Furnaces for Iron ... ^^.
    I want that as well, but MB for everything would be too much. Just because I assume MB machines are a tiny bit laggier than normal ones ^^.

Edit: Small question though, how do you get HARDENED Clay without Furnace ? ^^
    ONE-USE-FIRE! (But cooks severals items!)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!