[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• That is a thing to suggest for TConstruct. But you have to add some way of getting the vanilla Tools (craft a stick and a Tool Head together for example), as many Crafting Recipes of other Mods require them.

I see the reason behind suggesting it on their forumns, but TConstruct is not the right mod for nerfs. It just adds some features. GregTech adds nerfs and the like, and is made to make the tech tree much longer, and since that would be a kind of nerf, GregTech should include it, I think.
    If it is not logical, then just ignore my suggestion.

• AFAIK TC is working on said features after looking at the github repo

That's cool. Really, I think that would be a great improvement. So long as any diamond-equivalent pickaxe can be used in recipes requiring a diamond pickaxe, and same with other tools.
    Also, I remember someone suggesting a block that would be placed next to a machine/block, like a chest or macerator, to extend how many faces it has and thus allow more connections for automation. If such a block is added, I suggest that it can be used with the TiC Smeltery Controller, so that we can move ores in. Also, an automatic casting table/drain system, requiring EU to function, would be cool, as my wrists hurt from pouring and collecting several hundred tin/iron/bronze/copper/etc., and I'm sure many others run into that problem aswell.

• Official Post

Also, I remember someone suggesting a block that would be placed next to a machine/block, like a chest or macerator, to extend how many faces it has and thus allow more connections for automation. If such a block is added, I suggest that it can be used with the TiC Smeltery Controller, so that we can move ores in. Also, an automatic casting table/drain system, requiring EU to function, would be cool, as my wrists hurt from pouring and collecting several hundred tin/iron/bronze/copper/etc., and I'm sure many others run into that problem aswell.

I was the one that suggested it =P
    It would allow greater automation setups, including better automation regarding other mods.

• So I have some ideas for a tier six (if of course you ever plan on adding something like that in). I was thinking it could only be unlocked by needing a material from the fusion reactor (whether it be something new or the helium plasma cell), and with that you're able to build a new chain of machina. Perhaps with the helium plasma cell you can create something like an Electrorefinery, which can then process platinum to create osmium. It can be as simple as that or it could take a few processes, such as putting in copper giving you silver, gold, platinum, selenium and tellurium as a mixed compound. That can then be taken and fused with sodium peroxide and then dissoluted in nitro-hydrochloric acid (aqua regia), which can give you osmium, iridium, rhodium and ruthenium. This does seem a bit complex. Anyhow with the new way of processing osmium (and possibly a few other new elements) you can have a whole new array of machines that belong at the T6 tier. Osmium as you know is the densest naturally occurring metal and as such can be used to create possibly Highly Advanced Circuits, or quite a bit of other things (I'm sure I can think up quite a bit, but I'll save those ideas for later if such a thing is to be implemented, if it isn't they would just be a waste).

This is only one machine idea and a way to transition into a T6 universe of Gregtech, I know T5 and below items are all still being worked on but after I had legitimately built my fusion reactor and automated it I had such a longing to do something useful with all that power and continue building more. Perhaps the reactor will eventually be needed to supply the machines with enough power to run them, who knows!

• Just had another little thought that could add to my original one, perhaps at first you can only get that mixed compound as stated and with it you can either centrifuge it to get just osmium and from there you can take the osmium and make a Dissolution Machine which because it's made out of osmium it can handle extremely corrosive materials (such as Aqua Regia and others). Then from there you're able to process the mixed compound with the Aqua Regia or a mix of Chlorine and Hydrochloric acid, which then yields those other elements which can then be used for other things. Yet again this is just a small idea that can easily expanded to a whole new system of machines and other objects and elements/chemical compounds.

• Official Post

GregTech T6 will probably handle space sci-fi tech.

Malevolence :By the way, you have been accepted on the wiki, long time ago.
    Feel free to make pages documenting stuff. Use the other pages as an example, if you don't have any idea on how to start.

• GregTech T6 will probably handle space sci-fi tech.

Malevolence :By the way, you have been accepted on the wiki, long time ago.
    Feel free to make pages documenting stuff. Use the other pages as an example, if you don't have any idea on how to start.

Well then perhaps be considered a T5.5, I feel like there are a lot of legitimate tech machines that could still be created and add a whole lot to the mod before going into futuristic sort of things.

And awesome, working on uploading something right now (trying to figure it all out haha).

• Okay, just throwing this in here.
    With the recent change in wood only giving 2 planks by manual crafting and then giving the 1:4 ratio back via a using technology, eg. using tech not to get more but to not get less than before. would it be possible to make it so smelting of ores in a furnace doesn´t give whole ingots any more but only fractions instead so you have to use some nifty machine(s) to get the full ingot from a single ore?

• Okay, just throwing this in here.
    With the recent change in wood only giving 2 planks by manual crafting and then giving the 1:4 ratio back via a using technology, eg. using tech not to get more but to not get less than before. would it be possible to make it so smelting of ores in a furnace doesn´t give whole ingots any more but only fractions instead so you have to use some nifty machine(s) to get the full ingot from a single ore?

You mean, Half-ingots? No, just no. That would break so many things, and we really don't want any more nerfs.
    However, half-ingots could be used for a different purpose..., they could be made with an adequate Saw and an ingot, and they could be used to craft some basic components that don't need an entire ingot. And those recipes that always return more/less items than you really need, could make use of those to only return One item, so that what you want to make can be made without leftover useless items. (Ex. you have to make 4 diamond-grinders for an Industrial Grinder, but only 3 are used, and if you already have macerators, that extra one is useless. Making one with half-ingots, and half as much everything else, would return one, so you can get 3 grinders without any leftovers)

• Another idea of mine is something to do with Macerators, similar to the flint/Iron mortars. The idea is to replace the Automatic macerator with a slightly better macerator, that requires only a circuit, some refined iron, and a Machine Block to craft - however, it needs a grinding head placed in a special GUI-slot (similar to the Turbine Blades,/Lava Filter, but this doesn't explode like a turbine blade when it breaks) to operate, and each grinding head has a ''blacklist'' as to what it can't grind. Also, better grinding heads offer higher speeds over slower, weaker grinding heads. But every grinding head takes damage for every item ground. Here are some ideas for grinders:

-Flint Grinder: Made of flint and basic iron. Very cheap. Can only grind about a stack of items before breaking. Can grind weak stuff/soft metals like Iron, Copper, Tin, Gold, Zinc, and the like, but not Bronze, Diamonds, steel etc., and can also process Gravel into flint.

-Iron Grinder: Made of iron/Refined iron. Kinda cheap. Can grind anything the flint grinder can, plus Bronze, Brass, and a few other tougher metals. Can not grind steel, Tungsten, Diamonds, etc.

-Bronze Grinder: Made just like the Iron Grinder, just uses Bronze instead of Iron for the grinding-parts. Can grind anything the Iron Grinder can, plus it is slightly faster and is slightly more durable.

-Diamond-Grinder: Made with Diamonds and Refined Iron. Can grind anything that the macerators currently can. Very durable, and kinda fast.

-Tungsten Grinder: Made with Tungsten and Steel. Can grind anything the Diamond Grinder can, except for Diamonds. Extremely durable and slightly faster than the Diamond Grinder.

-Tungstensteel Grinder: Made with Tungstensteel and Steel. Can grind Anything the Diamond Grinder can, and is slightly faster/more durable than the Tungsten Grinder.

-Iridium Grinder: Made with basic Iridium ingots/plates, and Steel. Can grind anything, even Iridium, to a fine, high-quality dust. So durable that it nearly lasts forever, and has an operation time only slightly lower than the Recycler.

-Iridium-Tungstensteel Grinder: Made with Iridium-reinforced-Tungstensteel blocks. Lasts forever, and can grind anything, as fast as a recycler operates.

This would allow us to refine ores more efficiently early in-game. However, to keep it from being too much of a buff, the Flint grinder should probably only return 1 full pile/1 tiny pile per ore, iron/bronze returning 1 full pile/2 tiny piles, and anything above that returning the full 2 piles.

• Official Post

You mean something, like the early Game Tier I am planning to add?

Alloy Oven (Copper + Fuel)
    Small Bronze Boiler (Bronze + Fuel) with automatic Steam Output & low Water + insert Water = Boom
    Bronze Steam Oven (Bronze + Steam)
    Alloy Steam Oven (Bronze + Steam)
    Sturdy Grinder (Bronze + Steam)
    Squeezing Extractor (Bronze + Steam)
    Steam Pressure Compressor (Bronze + Steam)
    Small Nuclear Boiler (Steel + Radioactive Fuel) low Water = Boom & insert Water on low Water = Boom

Bronze Machines Cover incompatible for balance reasons as they are not that advanced.

• That would be awesome! +1
    Also, could you make the Blunderbuss barrel and the Musket Barrel from Balkon's Weapon Mod, require Steel and Flint-and-steel in an assembling machine? It doesn't seem right, to be able to smash a few ingots together into a blunderbuss, that has to handle the explosive force of Gunpowder, same for the Musket.
    EDIT: If tier 0 is treepunching stage, what you plan to add would be Tier 2, but then Macerators/electrical machines (basic) would be moved to tier 3, then the industrial machines to tier 4, so Lightning Rods, Fusion Reactors, and the rest, would they be bumped up to tier 5? Or is the stuff you plan to add still tier-0, or part 1 of tier 1?

• Official Post

Suggestion : GeoThermal Boilers.

Multiblock structure that uses Minecraftia's core heat to generate energy. As all GT multiblock generator machines, this requires regular maintenance.

Structure is a 3x3x3.
    1st layer :
    The center block is a "Core Drill Hatch", which will "dig" through bedrock to reach Minecraftia's core, to use its heat.
    Edit : The hatch MUST be directly above ONE bedrock block to work, so it theorically digs through bedrock.

2nd layer :
    Water Input hatch, Steam Output Hatch, Energy Input Hatch (to supply the Core Drill) and GeoThermal Boiler (Mainblock).

3rd layer :
    Maintenance hatch.

Core Drill :

Core Drill Hatch block requires a "Core Mining Drill", made of tungstensteel and Advanced Drill.

Energy to operate the drill is inserted through the energy hatch.
    Requires "Core Mining Pipes", made of tungstensteel and mining pipes.
    Pipes are inserted through the main block (GeoThermal Boiler).

The deeper the core drill reaches (maximum 128 "blocks"), higher the heat the boiler is able to use.
    Every "block" dug increases heat by 20 Kelvin (K), this value is multiplied by 1.5 if in a hell biome (Nether).
    Steam passively produced (mB/t) is Heat / 10.

Drill energy usage is 4 *depth EU/t . It takes (1200 + depth*100 ) ticks to dig a "block".

Geothermal Boiler core drill will take about 8 hours to reach maximum depth. At maximum depth it will produce 256 mB/t of steam (1.5x if in "hell" biome).

• Official Post

Just to mention it, this would not work on a regular Minecraft World, at least not like on your Picture, as Bedrock in Minecraft is not flat.

I know bedrock is not flat, it would require ONE bedrock block directly below the core drill, so it is "theorically" digging to the core.

• I know bedrock is not flat, it would require ONE bedrock block directly below the core drill, so it is "theorically" digging to the core.

I like the idea, though having a direct line of sight to bedrock similar to MFR's drill could also work. The higher you build it, the more ridiculously expensive it becomes to drill down, and maybe implement a small heat loss over distance?