[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

In Reality, Charcoal is usually purer carbon then coal, but that wouldn't make for very good balance would it.

• But four charcoal can already be used in a bronze blast furnace to make steel, why not keep the same logic in the industrial one? The cost is transfered from time to EU, so it's not really that big a deal balance wise.

Also, Greg please add a file + stone = chiseled stone recipe.

• Official Post

Suggestion : Rework the chemical reactor to have 8 input/output slots, allowing greater flexibility and variety of chemical recipes.

That way we can, for example, react things with a variety of substances to obtain others, at once.

• Suggestion : Rework the chemical reactor to have 8 input/output slots, allowing greater flexibility and variety of chemical recipes.

That way we can, for example, react things with a variety of substances to obtain others, at once.

Or just do it GUI-ish, working like Nuclear Reactors + Nuclear Transmutations ... :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Greg, how about adding solar panel arrays that consist of normal blocks(not tile entity) in a rectangle with a "control" block(tile entity) somewhere inside which outputs the EU generated by the array while having a gui, say, 3 numerical displays, each one showing one of the following: EU/t, length along x-axis, length along z-axis. The tile entity would be used to scan for a valid array and output the EU while the fact that the majority of the array was "normal blocks" would reduce the amount of resources required to process the whole thing. It could be slightly more efficient than normal solar panels, while costing the same amount of resources

• Greg, how about adding solar panel arrays that consist of normal blocks(not tile entity) in a rectangle with a "control" block(tile entity) somewhere inside which outputs the EU generated by the array while having a gui, say, 3 numerical displays, each one showing one of the following: EU/t, length along x-axis, length along z-axis. The tile entity would be used to scan for a valid array and output the EU while the fact that the majority of the array was "normal blocks" would reduce the amount of resources required to process the whole thing. It could be slightly more efficient than normal solar panels, while costing the same amount of resources

This has been suggested so many times, and Greg himself has stated that he'll probably make one of these.

• Official Post

What would be cool for hardcore playahs, An Option that replaces all metal ingots with their plate replacement in shaped crafting (for other mods >:D )

• I still don't get why ppl think that expensive stuff means hard game play / higher complexity.
    Thats like a mod that replaces all plates with iridium plates: it just ends to farm/mine more. If this is 'fun' for you, why not increase the tick rates in GT cfg x100?

• I still don't get why ppl think that expensive stuff means hard game play / higher complexity.
    Thats like a mod that replaces all plates with iridium plates: it just ends to farm/mine more. If this is 'fun' for you, why not increase the tick rates in GT cfg x100?

You know what? It's NOT JUST ABOUT EXPENSIVE STUFF.

If you have open mind or knowing from real life in advanced section of education(Nuclear Reactors, Cold Fusion, QED[Quantum Electro - Dynamics] you should understand it's MUCH MORE fun while IndustrialCraft is much more real.
    Recipes, how things work. I would like to see how you can get in real life in one day mined tons and tons of Iron Ingots. You aren't machine. Progress has own prize.

My opinion for Greg's addon is like his "Taking industry to a whole new level of complexity".

I'm not pretty much clever boy. I'm intelligent, have my own IQ, which probably never will be so "high" for technical schools or programming. But it's high for art, "feel things are pretty" and when are pretty. I can apprecieate pictures, sonates and things like Matthäus-Passion. If i listen, or reading books(my favorite is "Le petit princé"), it makes me feel like i can something create. After all years i listen stories, make my own opinions, i'm like behind me is 6 book i write, but never try to sell. Because it's for me.
    Also like making FanArt and try to be part of community.
    At all, my entire life go in art way. In way of emotions and when i start minecraft with IC2 + Greg - Tech and other mods, i can feel like I'm really technician. I'm scientist. And what Greg added to minecraft, it cant have prize. It can fill that empty "technical" part of my soul. If you can understand so lyrical. :D :D

So, all that hard things are here for you. Actually, for you. I think he dont want to torture us with his stuff and hurt us with "OH GOD! I MUST MINE!", but at all, in that is power. It remember me time when i need to mine hours. Thing were harder to understand, harder to know and remember.

You probably don't understand why people make mods or addons. There are few reasons and for my, one of that is make something for community, for people which give it prize by downloading it, play it.

IC2 is for me things without i never want play. I have like much more mods and... Greg? That added there just "NEW LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY" to make it funnier and make you happy for longer time. :)

So, try it better. You should understand that feel like you find your FIRST DIAMOND. This feel come with every single creating a new machine.

But, thats my opinion. You dont need to understand, i just want to show you why some people love it and other hate it.

It's about choose. Be lazy or be energetic and have passion for making things ;) ;)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• not sure if implemented or not, but have metallurgy as a unificator target in configs. it would be nice also if you could also have the chemical composition on others mods ingots/dusts.
    EDIT: wait that would be impossible, you would have to edit every mods ingots, nvm Greg XD. but still metallurgy as a unificator target please.
    also can you add centrifuge recipies to the metallurgy alloy dusts, to get the two original dusts back, also when you smelt/macerate/pulverize the metallurgy tools could you make them drop the ingots required to make the tool, again sorry if this has been implemented or refused (for some reason) i'm just trying to make the future users of the mod happier XD

name a mod... I've tried putting it into my modpack!

172 mods
    11 power systems
    infinite fun

Edited once, last by jax099 ().

• As you know, many people complain about GregTech having poor dynamic ingame-documentation (and lack of good visual models (in the form of images) for crafting, multiblocks, etc.). To solve that problem, there could be a new replacement for the GregTech ComputerCube: The GTOS, when 1.7 comes out. The GTOS functions on extremely advanced Tier 9001 technology (slightly inferior to the one used on the GT Flagship) and hence it cannot be normally crafted. Due to the special qualities of Tier 9001 technology, the GTOS will appear in your inventory (if there is space) on spawn or respawn if certain conditions are met. Finally, the GTOS runs off an internal RTEG (which runs out after 13.7 billion Minecraft years) so practically it does not need electricity except for more advanced features.

To use the GTOS, place it on the floor, and right-click it to login to your own account on the GTOS-Net (Using the same hash system as the IDSU). (If you have already logged in into GTOS-Net, you cannot receive the GTOS on spawn/respawn). To start off, 3 random data from your current tech level (pieces of documentation) will be automatically downloaded into your GTOS terminal.

To collect the other guides, you can collect the Download Chips from Generated Structures. Each Download Chip has an encoded number, representing a certain datum in the GTOS-Net. Using the "Decode" mode of the GTOS, you can obtain data from the GTOS-Net. The datum corresponding to the number in the Download Chip is 3x more likely to be downloaded than other data.

You can only get data from your current tech level or lower tech level. This is tracked using the 1.7 achievement system. Finally, to validate the increase to the next tech level, specific items need to be inserted in the "Upgrade" mode. These information can also be seen on "Upgrade" mode.

During the process of downloading data, if there are repeats, the GTOS will skip those repeats and attempt to look for another data.

Another feature of the GTOS is the "Legacy Conversion" mode. This mode will convert the old documentation into their respective chips.

There is one more feature of the GTOS: "Nuclear Reactor Simulator". This simulator is the only process that requires energy and is unlocked in Tier IV (Electronics Age). It works similar to the old simulator.

Finally, here are a list of possible data:

• Just to say, since I dislike seing how english-speaking community is destroying French (^^): it's a E, not a é in the original Title ^^.

Actually, I speak Czech, it's my mature language ;) So, sorry for that, I saw in lot of places princé :D And I'm sure that's about what is in book, not about name. :)
    But, you're right, sorry ;D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• I think that apostrophe in princé is actually spanish or portuguese.

Bad news for me. It actually is x_x I'm start blinding or wut... I don't know, maybe suggestion from that feel then in French everything is "é" :D Creme Bruleé, le mopesié etc... :D

• e mopesié

Don't know what it is ^^. I'd say it's not a French word, or with so many mistakes in it that I can't recognize it xD

Creme Bruleé

Crème brûlée actually ^^.

I don't know, maybe suggestion from that feel then in French everything is "é"

Basically most adjectives and some past forms ends with é, which kind of the French "ed".

Anyway, who feel like Lithium and Tritium were implemented for Fusion bombs ? ^^ At least they should be GT compatible, so we could have Fusion Reactor running on normal reactors ;)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!