[1.5.1/1.5.2] Modular Forcefield System v2 Classic 2.3.0.1.15

• Modular Forcefield System v2 Classic 2.3.0.1.15

This is a maintained version of Thunderdark's MFFS 2 addon for IndustrialCraft2, made with his blessing, co-maintained by myself (Minalien) and Searge. We intend to maintain MFFS 2 for 1.5.1 and beyond, and plan to make optimizations and include further support for various industrial mods.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
    MC 1.5.1 builds earlier than 2.3.0.0.6 may not generate monazit ore due to a change in constructor arguments to WorldGenMinable that was not caught until recently!
    2.3.0.0.5 and later require IndustrialCraft 2 beta build 304 or later.

Development
    Originally developed by Thunderdark and Matchlighter
    Currently maintained by Minalien and Searge
    32px Textures by Imalune

Issue Tracker
    If you run into any major problems with MFFS v2, please submit them to the Issue Tracker on our Bitbucket project page.

IRC Channel
    #MFFS2 on irc.esper.net

License
    MFFS is licensed under the GPL v3 License, as it was under Thunderdark.

Bitbucket (Mercurial) Project Page

Recent Changes
    Fixed issue with Defense Station warnings. Will now only warn when in a player-affecting action mode, and will only damage the player (1hp) if it is in kill mode.
    Fixed issue with load order.
    Added (beta) recipes for Thermal Expansion.
    Fixed issues with security station not having security rights set before defense station kills entities.
    Added support for Buildcraft wrenches to rotate MFFS Machines.
    Switched to using SRG names for reobfuscation
    Now compatible with 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
    Fixed Monazit world gen.
    Updated API to IC2 beta build 304
    Updated 16x16 block textures (Imalune)
    Updated Extractor & Capacitor faces to look more like a screen. (Imalune)
    Added IFieldTeleporter API interface. (Minalien)
    Updated Field Teleporter Multitool to utilize IFieldTeleporter. (Minalien)
    Minor Housekeeping. (Minalien)

Wiki
    Feed The Beast Wiki - MFFS

Screenshots

Machine Block 32px Textures. Can be disabled by setting I:graphicStyle=0 in config file.

Mod Packs
    MFFS is released under the GPL 3 license, and is therefore open source. Letting us know before adding it to a mod pack would be greatly appreciated, though. Please respect Thunderdark's original wishes and do not include this mod in paid mod packs (including mod packs that only require an Adfly download link).

Videos
    Direwolf20 Mod Spotlight - MFFS 2.2.8.3.5
    Direwolf20 Mod Spotlight - MFFS 2.1.7.*
    Godcraft Spotlight - MFFS 2.1.7.0.22
    Direwolf20 Mod Spotlight - 2.0.4

Video Tutorial Series by fuzzzie
    Part 1 (Basics)
    Part 2 (Defense and Security)
    Part 3 (Upgrades & Control)

Mod Compatibility
    Required:
    IndustrialCraft 2 (Compatible with all current IC2 beta versions for 1.5.1)

Supported:
    BuildCraft 3
    Railcraft Beta
    Thermal Expansion Beta
    ComputerCraft 1.52
    Equivalent Exchange 3

Versions
    2.3.* Minecraft 1.5.1
    2.2.8.3.6 - Minecraft 1.4.7

• Modular Forcefield System has always been an open-source (GPL 3 license) , therefore I support every continuation that follow the license.

About Copyright: MFFS is open-source under the GPL 3 license. The copyright is owned by the community

• Official Post

YAY, I do enjoy having alternates to mods. Like the 2 different advanced machines :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I like this version as the other version that I will not named is not even functional yet and would be wrong of me to be bias and judge it just yet ;)

I have used this and so far it's working pretty good. It's also not advertising another base mod.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

UE is really getting a boost from the Yogscast Voltz and now MFFS coming under the title. Nice to see MFFS is being kept IC2 centered.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Keep an eye out then, Lefty - we're going to have some better 32x32 textures soon.

Still... Calv has better object rendering, not just stupid textures :P Sorry but I think the Calv version is a lot more fun but like I said, good work and maybe you will change a few things too (rendering, energy stuff and so on) :)

• Still... Calv has better object rendering, not just stupid textures :P Sorry but I think the Calv version is a lot more fun but like I said, good work and maybe you will change a few things too (rendering, energy stuff and so on) :)

Calclavia's version has a lot of potential. However, as stated before, it is still extremely buggy as he is trying to re-write it from the ground up. it will be interesting to see what becomes of it in the nearby future.

• Going to edit this with less swears ;).

You guys have no right to come in this thread and say another mod is better let alone advertise another mod from another site like this in a mod related. First off the other person had tried to close source an open source project. After being yelled at by the people releasing this one above he has now also open sourced his version of MFFS. Not only that his version is not even very usable right now as he is changing everything. That comes to my next point. Since Cal's version of MFFS is changing so much would it not be better he rename the mod to something else? Or is he only care for popularity? I mean he even removed the ore generation...

Anyways this version posted on IC made for IC is the one I'm going to use. I'm not going use the one that a group people keep spamming their mods on here trying to sell UE on other forums like some kind of rodents.

Now please kindly don't come back to this post if your here to compare, insult, and or advertise another similar mod. It's not fair and it's rude. PS this one is a free download... Not triple layered in advertising just to download it.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Edited once, last by Kane Hart ().

• I'm not, i'm just saying it has potential (like what people said about Sonic '06 and look at what that got us), I am grateful that there is a working version of MFFS.

• Since the 32px design incorporates a bevel/border on its faces, why not use a 3d model similar to that of the Tesseracts from ThermalExpansion, but with a bit smaller frame border?

• Official Post

Since the 32px design incorporates a bevel/border on its faces, why not use a 3d model similar to that of the Tesseracts from ThermalExpansion, but with a bit smaller frame border?

I CAN DO MODELS
    :DDDDDD

• Official Post

That Smiley on the Texture looks just ridiculous.

BUT ITS SO CUTE
    although a little silly :P

• Yay, there are 3 versions of MFFS now! ARS, wich was a continuation of thunderdarks MFFS before it got all the Monazit and stuff, this version, and then Cal's version. I like being able to choose between different things.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• When Imalune was going through creating the textures, she was basing them off of the original 16x textures Thunderdark had. The Security Station was a computer with a smiley face - she copied that theme and made a monitor with an adorable smiley face.

On a side note, regarding models: we may add these as a third graphicStyle option in the future. If anybody is interested, I'm more than happy to see either OBJ or Techne model suggestions.