[AddOn v1.90] Electric Fishing Pole v1.90-1

• Official Post

This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
    Name: Electric Fishing PoleSummary: A tesla coil and magnetizer on a stick. Blame Ranakastrasz.

Description
    It's pretty much what it says in the summary. A tesla coil to kill the little buggers, a magnetizer to pull them in. Fish are magnetic, you know. And an advanced circuit to make it all work together. And some string. Even I don't know what the string is for. Takes like 10,000EU per shot, because it's a goddamn tesla coil on a stick.

Recipes

Screenshots

Installation
    Just put it in your mods folder.

Version History
    Previous versions are now available in an old version archive.

• 1.90-1
      Update to IC2 1.90
    • 1.81-1
      Update to IC2 1.81
    • 1.70-1
      Update to IC2 1.70
    • 1.64-1
      Update to IC2 1.64
    • 1.42-1
      Update to IC2 1.42
    • 1.337b-1
      Update to IC2 1.337b
    • 1.23-2
      SMP support
      New sprite (thanks Noert)
    • 1.23-1
      Update to IC2 1.23
      Package electricOverload.ogg with the mod
      Add config file config/IC2ElectricFishingPole.cfg
      Somewhat reduce the number of fish caught
    • 1.0 Initial Release

Permission to Port, Package, and Plagiarize

• Porting - You may freely port this mod to any platform that I don't make releases for (e.g. Bukkit). If I'm unusually busy and don't update it fast enough after a new IC2 release, you may (if you're so inclined) make an unofficial port of the mod to the new version of IC2 and link it in this thread.
    • Mod Packs - You may include this mod in any server-specific mod pack, or in any public mod pack which has permission to include IC2.
    • Reuse and Derivative Works - You may decompile this mod and use parts of its source code in your own work. If you use any significant amount of material from this mod in your own, I would appreciate being credited and notified about the mod. (Mostly just because I'd be curious to see what you made out of it.)

Credits
    Sprite - Noert
    Coding - Drashian
    Original Idea - Ranakastrasz

• Ooo...

Although a few things:
    - The recipe kinda makes sense, in that it seems reasonable, although i think it could be worked on a little.
    - Why is the sprite a mashup?
    - Normal string doesnt conduct electricity, but STEEL WIRE [HAYO] Does!
    ie:

S
    S = Refined Iron String x2/4/1
    S

S = Refined Iron

Then replace the normal string in the recipes with iron string.
    You could then start expanding on the iron string...

• Sadly, I was mostly joking, but this just made my day regardless. Yep, Iron wire makes sense, and It looks like each zap pulls a ton of fish out of the water, which makes a ton of *sense*

Its a totally non-practical, but regardless awesome solution to a problem.

• I love this addon with a passion.

Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.9 GHz | Asrock 970 Extreme3 | 12GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | Sapphire Flex HD 6870 @ 1000/1100 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD | Hyper 212+ | OCZ Fatal1ty 550w PSU | NZXT Gamma Classic

• dude this is an awsome mod.
    Could you also code it so that if you set off a stick of dynamite in the water a bunch of dead fish will rise to the surface. that would be awsome

• I have to say something otherwise this topic will constantly come up as unread... (exceedingly annoying)
    yeah i sort of see the joke and dynamite fishing would make more sense if dranishan is not going to do anything could someone please make a dynamite fishing mod for V 1.8.x

• Ya know, if the fish are magnetic, you have to wonder how polluted the water is in minecraft :P

I'd love to have pollution in Minecraft - turn the water into a toxic sludge and kill off all plant life, turn the skies grey with smog etc. :D

• Even though it was just for lolz, I kinda actually want it to work in 1.8 :D

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.