With all the new mods that allow for long distance travel the EU consumption of teleporters REALLY needs to be revisited or they may as well not exist!

• I would say teleporters are balanced reasonably, and Mystcraft and portalgun are not.
    I've used them a few times.
    The one thing that really stops me using them is that the energy has to come from the sending end. If the energy could be drained from the receiving teleporter, that would be much more useful.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I would say teleporters are balanced reasonably, and Mystcraft and portalgun are not.
    I've used them a few times.
    The one thing that really stops me using them is that the energy has to come from the sending end. If the energy could be drained from the receiving teleporter, that would be much more useful.

Why not both (teleporters)?

• Why not both (teleporters)?

I meant both ends - I said if the energy could come from the receiving end, not if it must.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

I meant both ends - I said if the energy could come from the receiving end, not if it must.

That would allow one time usage "portable" teleporters (with the sending teleporter being placed anywhere and left behind) . Would be a nice feature.

• I meant both ends - I said if the energy could come from the receiving end, not if it must.

I was thinking more of shared energy cost - you can adjust it to make one teleporter cost e.g. 67% of the teleportation cost, and the other one 33% of the teleportation cost. It could be nerfed by imposing a penalty of maybe 20% if necessary.

• Official Post

On the IC2 wiki you can find the energy cost calculation.
    But I think you can turn the cost for items that you hold off in the config.

I remember suggesting that and having to patch it myself until it was added.

I think a gui would be a good idea given how advanced other mod items are getting.

• Wow I guess I read every thing but that part. And as I've stated multiple times I lack coding knowledge, so I didn't think that was possible. Well now I know, thanks.

• Teleporters are a very advanced option to move around, the energy cost reflects this. Mystcraft or Portalgun are simply not balanced, they work just like admin-tp with predefined endpoints.

I'm considering a higher tier teleporter with support for inter-dimensional TPs, "pull"-TPs from/to mobile or configured endpoints and more storage.

Are you considering taking energy from the receiving teleporter?

Battery snot included.

• Truly all I have ever wanted in IC2 teleporters is some way for them to store energy, that way I can hook them up to an E-net and not have to make each teleporter have its own MFSU (What if I want to power it with something like a GT AESU?). I can understand that it might be part of the cost of having a teleporter, but I think the advanced machine block in the recipe could be changed to an MFSU to compensate for this.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Truly all I have ever wanted in IC2 teleporters is some way for them to store energy, that way I can hook them up to an E-net and not have to make each teleporter have its own MFSU (What if I want to power it with something like a GT AESU?). I can understand that it might be part of the cost of having a teleporter, but I think the advanced machine block in the recipe could be changed to an MFSU to compensate for this.

In other words, remove MFSU functionality as external storage?

Not that good as the teleporter would suck all your energy until its storage is filled.

Maybe some kind of advanced teleporter which do have an internal storage, of 10M EU (100M for GT with change of recipe to an AESU) alongside external storages.

Offtopic : Crafterofmines are you still playing in the cubcraft? i didn't see you there lately after the 1.5.1 reset.

• Official Post

Is the server down? i cant reach it :P

• All the teleporters really need is a better way to link two together. I use them all the time, they are a stupidly cheap and fast way to teleport around.
    3000 blocks with a full inventory only just drains an MFSU

2000 blocks with a full inventory and 4 pieces of armor is 10 million EU. Quite expensive when you think about it, given the fact that with a qsuit, you can go 2k blocks in 1-2 minutes and for 50k eu.
    If you think that teleporters are well balanced, then you should make the qsuit slower and take 100 times as much power to sprint/jump. AKA draining the suit in 2-3 minutes of sprinting. Because ATM, I'd rather not spend 10 million EU for 2 minutes of travel.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.