>>I'm not asking for release dates!<<

• :Refined Iron: Suggestion :Refined Iron:
    Somewhere in the forum or the wiki or the blog, could the devs post news from the information black hole?
    I'm the patient type, so everyday I check the forum, the blog, and the wiki for anything, or any sign of anything.
    I enjoy Mojang AB's snapshot system at minecraftwiki where it kind of gives a weekly view at what's coming up next.
    We've all been waiting for months to put quartz in our IC2 maps, and now they're coming out with horses?!
    I'm not saying hurry up.
    I'm not asking for a release date.
    All I'm asking for is a news thread or a blog post. something once every fortnight or so saying, "hey...we're not dead!"
    If Majong comes out with 1.6.1 and the latest fully stable is still 1.4.5, I might have to jump ship.
    And it's not out of spite, we're just not being informed enough to make educated choices.
    :Refined Iron: -Briggomatic- :Refined Iron:

• Official Post

It isn't at the top of the page though, it's still for Minecraft 1.4.5. It's only stable when it's at the top of the forum :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I understand that you can find the latest builds here. I am a computer programmer, but not everyone else is. The "suggestion" posed here is: news releases, press releases, or whatever. Somewhere on one of the three major sites (forum, wiki, blog) post that 1.5.1 is stable enough to uses and has these bugs: 1., 2., 3., ...
    Because quite honestly, that is news to me!
    But if I don't know which specific bugs I'm going to encounter, is it worth it for me to upgrade from fully stable version?
    I guess my biggest frustration is that horses are over the horizon, and I might have to choose one day between horses and automatic miners, and I don't want to wait for two months again just to still be waiting.
    So please, O' Gracious Developers, come out of the locked factory doors and address the general public! We beg of thee!

• Official Post

I understand that you can find the latest builds here. I am a computer programmer, but not everyone else is. The "suggestion" posed here is: news releases, press releases, or whatever. Somewhere on one of the three major sites (forum, wiki, blog) post that 1.5.1 is stable enough to uses and has these bugs: 1., 2., 3., ...
    Because quite honestly, that is news to me!
    But if I don't know which specific bugs I'm going to encounter, is it worth it for me to upgrade from fully stable version?
    I guess my biggest frustration is that horses are over the horizon, and I might have to choose one day between horses and automatic miners, and I don't want to wait for two months again just to still be waiting.
    So please, O' Gracious Developers, come out of the locked factory doors and address the general public! We beg of thee!

The only bugs right now are pretty much just texture/api stuff

• Just did some searching and found this.

IC2's lack of proper public release at the moment is because Alblaka, the only one who can post on the release forum, is away for unknown reasons. Same reason why our content is all stagnant.

Found on the FtB forums

• So please, O' Gracious Developers, come out of the locked factory doors and address the general public! We beg of thee!

1. We are not as organized as you think we are about this sort of thing called 'Minecraft modding'...

2. Having your attention needy kind junk up the forum with unreasonable update requests over something silly like digital blocks is not something that (afaik) is a priority for the IC2 team. They is no reason to hype the content. There's also no reason to fuel those people who (unreasonably) hype the content "for us"...

IC2's lack of proper public release at the moment is because Alblaka, the only one who can post on the release forum, is away for unknown reasons. Same reason why our content is all stagnant.

Yeah, I don't think Alblaka's personal situation is doing so good. I don't want to make any guesses as to why (because it'll be embarrassing for the both of us if I'm right or wrong in my guesses). I don't want to say "donations will help solve this" because that just sounds terribly greedy. But, I will say that with whatever the problem he's having, he could use the support right now...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited once, last by MagusUnion ().

• About the tread... Yea, i guess a blog post once a week or so would be nice, but if the lack of that brings us a better IC2, then I'm happy.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I think a couple words every week or so would be nice. It doesnt have to be descriptive or lengthy, just a hey we have made some work here kind of thing.

Can that link to the builds be posted somewhere more convenient? I loved how forestry has updates every week or so (havent checked in a while due to not playing in general :D ). It's a bit of work to reupdate that often, but i enjoy seeing the progress.

Now just have to wait for elorram to update RP2 :D . hopefully soon since she tweeted that she is back to working on it

• When you want to see some Alblaka posts, head to the SMITE forums, he's pretty active there.

Here his profile:
    http://forum.hirezstudios.com/…mode=viewprofile&u=791093

Well, he is a gamer, after all. If he wants to spend his free-time playing that, we have no right to stop him.

Since he's on the Hi-Rez site, I wonder if I can run into him in some Tribes:Ascend action. Would give me a reason to play more than a couple of matches, assuming my latency doesn't lag each disk shot I make, lol...

Now do you see why "over-hyping" a community creation is a bad thing?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.