IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• Official Post

The best source of info is not DW20, wikis or other people, but yourself, in creative mode, debugging tools (GregTech Scanner is an amazing one) and the machines themselves.

Stop being lazy and go test for your info, a secure one, that you can trust, as YOU gathered it. However if you fail to gather the info by yourself, it means it is either too complicated or just impossible without source code (aka detailed mechanics of certain machines, like the windmill generation formula).

• I'd like to just start off by saying how immensely helpful this thread has been for getting into the experimental ic2 builds. I was literally hitting a wall for so many things, including the empty cells, ore washing purpose, uranium feul rod creation, etc, etc. - This thread resolved that!

I've read about how iridium ore is acquired ONLY from chests in the world. Is this going to remain the case or are they planning on adding (some) world gen in?

Also, I'm using an older build of experimental. 142 if I remember correctly, is there a way I can update my outdated version of ic2 on my server (this will also require a later forge version, and I'm not sure how to update that in a server) without breaking my current world? Currently I cannot scan anything in the scanner besides iridium. Dirt, Ores, Stone, nothing else works in my build.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

• The best source of info is not DW20, wikis or other people, but yourself, in creative mode, debugging tools (GregTech Scanner is an amazing one) and the machines themselves.

Stop being lazy and go test for your info, a secure one, that you can trust, as YOU gathered it. However if you fail to gather the info by yourself, it means it is either too complicated or just impossible without source code (aka detailed mechanics of certain machines, like the windmill generation formula).

Thanks, I know how to test. I've written, among other things, an entire feature documentation for an undocumented power system before, from nothing but ingame testing - without debug tools. So much for being lazy, eh? Considering my limited free time, though, I thought I'd at least ask around if the data is already available before devoting an evening to it...

Also, I'm using an older build of experimental. 142 if I remember correctly, is there a way I can update my outdated version of ic2 on my server (this will also require a later forge version, and I'm not sure how to update that in a server) without breaking my current world? Currently I cannot scan anything in the scanner besides iridium. Dirt, Ores, Stone, nothing else works in my build.

I started playing with IC2 Experimental from build #160 on, and have continually upgraded (currently running #231). Upgrading never broke anything, but in fact fixed and added a ton of things. I highly recommend updating.

Make a backup copy of your world folder and just give it a whirl. I'm willing to bet nothing will break. You still won't be able to scan more than ores and minable items (I managed to find 16 different ones), but you'll for example see all the recipes in NEI, the canning machine actually works, there's all-new textures on almost everything and a lot of missing existing features have been re-added (and potentially tweaked).

• Official Post

Thanks, I know how to test. I've written, among other things, an entire feature documentation for an undocumented power system before, from nothing but ingame testing - without debug tools. So much for being lazy, eh? Considering my limited free time, though, I thought I'd at least ask around if the data is already available before devoting an evening to it...

Thats nice, although the message was for everyone, in general.

• Official Post

I'm willing to bet nothing will break.

Apart from your machines of course, no one expected packets to go.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Just to clarify, to process uranium, the process is:
    Ore -> Macerator -> Ore Washer -> Thermal Centrifuge which results in U-235 and U-238, which one needs to be put through the Canning Machine to create the fuel rods? I'm betting 235 is the one I want.

I would test it myself but I'm not at my main machine.

• Just to clarify, to process uranium, the process is:
    Ore -> Macerator -> Ore Washer -> Thermal Centrifuge which results in U-235 and U-238, which one needs to be put through the Canning Machine to create the fuel rods? I'm betting 235 is the one I want.

I would test it myself but I'm not at my main machine.

You need to use 3 small piles of U235, and 6 U238 to make 1 enriched uranium nuclear fuel which you run through the canning machine with a fuel rod. Although it seems like it uses a lot of U238 you will actually have some let over even if you have used all of your U235 possible. which can then be used for MOX cells, as well as the U238 you get from centrifuging the depleted uranium cells.

• You need to use 3 small piles of U235, and 6 U238 to make 1 enriched uranium nuclear fuel which you run through the canning machine with a fuel rod. Although it seems like it uses a lot of U238 you will actually have some let over even if you have used all of your U235 possible. which can then be used for MOX cells, as well as the U238 you get from centrifuging the depleted uranium cells.

Thanks man.

• He's already using the experimental branch, just an earlier build...

That is correct. I'm only a little unsure of how to update forge from .845 to .871 within my server. Is it as simple as replacing just the forge .jar file in my server folder?

• When you have non-GUI server, download the forge universal jar and rename it to minecraft_server.jar or whatever the startscript needs.

Other question. I got some CF Dust (?) put it in the canning machine to enrich with water and put that into normal Empty Cells. How to i get that stuff now into the CF backpack?

• propose a problem in this post:
    Table of craft is locked

could be a bug?

Note that MCPC servers are not officially supported by IC2. They usually work but there's no guarantee.

Hi guys any idea about new E-Net system? What are those major changes? Sorry if it was already discussed.

The basic gist is that you can no longer transfer multiple packets over a cable or into a machine at the same time. If the mass fab says "I accept 512 EU/t", then that means one and only one MFE outputting 512 EU/t, not an arbitrarily large number of MFEs outputting 512 EU/t to make the mass fab run at many thousands.

Oh, and MFE, 512 EU/t? Yes, most things were bumped up a power tier in order to account for the fact that you must now use bigger "voltages" in order to get any real amount of power anywhere. For example, regular machines now accept MV without needing transformer upgrades, only the batbox and the luminator specifically request LV. In my version (build #231) all the machine tooltips say 32 EU/t but that's wrong. They actually handle 128 just fine. The CESU is new in between batbox and MFE, and handles the tier 2 storage and power supply. Glass fiber now handles 8192 EU/t, meaning it is still your "cable to end all cables".

• FAIL!! Iam said of IC2, not MCPC. Repeat: Any of mod function normal, the IC2 give me problems!

• FAIL!! Iam said of IC2, not MCPC. Repeat: Any of mod function normal, the IC2 give me problems!

Please be a bit more polite.

Anyways, as we have said on your post, these functionalities work perfectly fine on Forge servers, but in your case it does not work on MCPC+ servers. Hence, it must be an MCPC+ problem. This is because IC2 doesn't support (and will not in the near future) MCPC+ or Bukkit, so your best solution is to get a port.

Although we might be able to solve them if you give us the logs.

On a final note, please avoid hijacking other people's threads.

• Breeding no longer exists. You put the depleted rods into the thermal centrifuge to get plutonium out of them.

Then, when you have collected a lot of plutonium, you can make MOX fuel, which gives bonus EU/t if the reactor runs hot. That's the replacement for the old breeder reactor mechanic, so to speak.