IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• Also +1 on the Advanced Miner. I would love to test it, but I cannot seem to get it to do anything at all, not even put a drill in it.

I was messing around with the advanced miner earlier, once you hook up the power supply, put either an OV or OD Scanner in the top left slot. Activate the miner with RS (I used a lever right on the miner itself) and watch it go. Playing around with the modes, on white list it just picks up everything it can within the scanners range unless you have a block specified which it scans in a linear pattern picking up only that block. Couldn't get it to work with multiple ores however. Black list I wasn't really able to get to work, so not really sure on that one. Hope that helps. Oh and no need for a drill or piping, uses a built in teleporter/wizard....

• No, can be as many chunks as you like. They just all need to be loaded.

ohhhh so if there was someone else standing at the MFSU while I was standing at the centrifuge, both chunks would be loaded and thus everything would be all happy. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup: (trying to increase my understanding those kind of interactions within the game)

• Playing Resonant Rise mudpack, currenly I seem to have IC2 2.0.316

About EU/t limits: If the rule is going to be that the total "voltage" of a net is the total of the generators feeding it then could it be based on a short average of the power input so generators from other mods that still try to "batch" their power output don't cause erratic overloads?

Also any chance of some indication of impending overload like maybe a few seconds of smoke effects, loud humming, texture effects.

On a diiferent note is the Advanced Miner currently craftable or is it create-mode only?

• As said, the E-Net is still WIP, the packet system will return, but in a different form, so it will be possible to connect 10k batboxes and a generator to another batbox, but the moment you plug a CESU in, it will blow up. Voltage explosions are also still WIP.

Thunderdark is still working on the Advanced Miner, so creative only.

• Official Post

It is craftable though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I was messing around with the advanced miner earlier, once you hook up the power supply, put either an OV or OD Scanner in the top left slot. Activate the miner with RS (I used a lever right on the miner itself) and watch it go. Playing around with the modes, on white list it just picks up everything it can within the scanners range unless you have a block specified which it scans in a linear pattern picking up only that block. Couldn't get it to work with multiple ores however. Black list I wasn't really able to get to work, so not really sure on that one. Hope that helps. Oh and no need for a drill or piping, uses a built in teleporter/wizard....

So far so good.

Advanced Miner will be my faforit in the future.

After a little test, here my coments.

1. Without any blacklist / whitelist, the adv. miner act like a quarry.
    2. to use it correct in a form of the normal miner (but without the mass of any block that must break to reach the block to mine) simply place dirt, cobblestone, sand and any block or drop of a block that you won't have in the blacklist.
    3. Breaking a block costs ??EU and only one block is scanned or breaked in one second. In order to operate faster you can use overclockers (max. 4 seams to be good and ballanced)
    4. The adcanced miner works in a range of 16 around the mine with an ov-scanner. Thats a range of 33x33 blocks, and thats a bit more than 13 normal miners will do.
    5. Like the tooltip say, it will only accept up to 128EU/t but it has 4M EU capacity. So the best way to charge the miner will be an advanced lappack. That prevent a high loose of capacity on breaking / wrenching the block.

Hope this will help.
    Greatz
    Mo3pp3l

• As said, the E-Net is still WIP, the packet system will return, but in a different form, so it will be possible to connect 10k batboxes and a generator to another batbox, but the moment you plug a CESU in, it will blow up. Voltage explosions are also still WIP.

Thunderdark is still working on the Advanced Miner, so creative only.

FWIW another problem with the whole "stuff blowing up" thing was that in my experience some of the more enthusiastic and less technical players just didn't "get" that the machines had burned out, particularly on servers that nerf explosions the machines would just disappear and it gets put down to a bug making them vanish.

It might be worth replacing the explosion with a "burned out" state, like normal machine texture but blackened and with cracks showing. This could be repaired possibly by:

1 a tool reverts it to normal

2 putting it in a crafting grid repairs it

3 crafting with circuits repairs it

4 putting it in a crafting grid yields a machine block

5 or a circuit?

6 or its just smeltable to recover some metal?

This would make it more obvious that the player broke it and it isn't just random modpack stuff happening

I had a similar issue and I solved it as follows - 4 different inputs all fed to their own buffering sbatbox(up to 32eu/t for each)
    All these batboxes feed through 4 lines to a central batbox. 4 lines pass through switches that are surrounding a CC computer.
    CC computer has 4 redstone torches on the sides to invert a redstone signal - this is required for safety, so all switches are disconnected by default, unless the switching program is running.
    Switching program runs in a loop - turns on all sides, but one and keeps it going perpetually. Lost couple of batboxes to get the delays right, but 2 seconds deactivation of all switches, followed by activation of the next switch seemed to be reliable enough.

Switching code:

• 6 or its just smeltable to recover some metal?

This would make it more obvious that the player broke it and it isn't just random modpack stuff happening

7 embiggen teh explosion, so it will do environmental damage in 20 block radius - epicentre should give them enough clues.

• Nah, make it more subtle, like allowing cable to be used above its "voltage" but with the snag that because its the wrong tier you can't put enough insulation so shock damage is unavoidable, and for added effect maybe at random intervals the cable starts to smoke then sheds a layer of insulation.

• Apologies for dumb question, but how do I turn on nightvision goggles in the nano or quantum helmets again...?

there are two extra buttons in the key settings that are used in conjunction with the M key to do that and the quantum jetpack.

• I think this new toy eats way too much power... It's pretty slow, I connected it to CESU storage with adv batpack, supporting it's capacity to 600000+300000, it drains it in a blink...
    Although it drains the power so quickly, the effect is slow. I am better off mining with the standard miner, I get far more stuff in less time. The new advanced miner is very expencive to build (since I like to play it in survival mode, with no cheating, I could experience it's costly price)

It may be better using MFSE or MFS with 4mils - 40 mils EU, but still, it should go way faster considerning the power it consumes...
    Version 2.0.344

EDIT : Scratch that. It's only power hungry 'till it fills it's internal power storage... again, I don't know why so much power is stored inside it - but again - it's maybe better than recharging batteries every few seonds, once it started digging.

EDIT 2:
    Also, I don't know if it's just me, or machine overvoltage blow up is off, I got a reactor DIRECTLY connected to CESU, feeding it with 380 EU/t and that CESU alone, feeds a bunch of machines. They never run out of their internal reserve, all working simultaneously. Thermal centrifuge, two macerators, two metal formers, extractor, canning machine, bottling machine, compressor, induction furnaces... All feeding from a single CESU... I know that E-Net is work in progres, just right now, it's pretty messed up.

• I think this new toy eats way too much power... It's pretty slow, I connected it to CESU storage with adv batpack, supporting it's capacity to 600000+300000, it drains it in a blink...
    Although it drains the power so quickly, the effect is slow. I am better off mining with the standard miner, I get far more stuff in less time. The new advanced miner is very expencive to build (since I like to play it in survival mode, with no cheating, I could experience it's costly price)

It may be better using MFSE or MFS with 4mils - 40 mils EU, but still, it should go way faster considerning the power it consumes...
    Version 2.0.344

Forget all of this :D It's balanced just fine, since it digs a MASSIVE load of blocks, it has to be slow. BTW, you can put 4 overclocking modules to get some speed boost. Be warned though: placing stacked overclocks may freeze the miner. You need to wrench it out and put it again to unfreeze it. I will look some more into this, but I am pretty sure it's a bug with stacking overclocking upgrades. Of course you can put 4 OC upgrades - one in each slot.

First I was thinking that it just consumes a lot of power and doing nothing, then I realised it's internal storage is 4 mils of EU, and untill it's filled, it won't do the work - so take bigger batteries to start with :P OFC, don't forget to power it with the redstone source.