IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• We seem to ba having an isue with the scanner: I've been succesfule in scanning Cobble, sand, and gravel, but everythign else keeps telling me "!! Error !!" It's getting old actually. I've irritates my fellow workers by killing the house's EU power on a few occasions (MFE fed by 8 geo-gens supplied via the nether.) I've scanned obsidian more then 23 times in a test world and keep getting that message from the scanner.

Is there a list of what it will and will not accept?

Iridium was no issue however.

• Official Post

Is there a list of what it will and will not accept?

Yes. Not a particularly long one: mainly ores, things like dirt and cobble and iridium.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I take it obsidian is not on that list? how about iron?

Does the error message in the scanner mean it's not scanable?

edit: NM, scanned it. Unfortunetly this mean that nether stars are not scanable
    edit 2: we are using 2.0.336

• Official Post

also i posted mod sometime ago that open all recipes by default, you can find it if you want.

I never remember that, but can't be bothered trawling the entire forum to find it :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

No one really supports it as you'd probably need to replace every cable like Thermal Expansion's conduits.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Sorry but what you mean by that?

When Thermal Expansion got multi-part support you had to break and replace every energy conduit, fluiduct and item duct in your world(s). No one realistically wants that with all their IC2 cables when we have CF foam and obscurators which hides cables sufficiently.

I see this too much.

• When Thermal Expansion got multi-part support you had to break and replace every energy conduit, fluiduct and item duct in your world(s). No one realistically wants that with all their IC2 cables when we have CF foam and obscurators which hides cables sufficiently.

1.7 is gonna be a good time to do anything that would encourage starting over anyway, given the amount of new worldgen being added to the base game.

• Official Post

1.7 is gonna be a good time to do anything that would encourage starting over anyway, given the amount of new worldgen being added to the base game.

We've still got CF Foam though, it seems unnecessary to replace something that is already fine.

I see this too much.

• We've still got CF Foam though, it seems unnecessary to replace something that is already fine.

There's no need to replace it, as much as add the additional functionality. As far as replacing existing cabling,
    is that not a caveat of using an experimental version- that things may change in the interest of progress at any time?

I can appreciate if the devs simply don't want to do so, but I always like when mods play nice together,
    and those that can do so usually give the impression of being more polished, useful, and solid.

• I think that we should also make a compatibility between hoppers and Induction Furnaces:
    The problem is not that we cannot add in the two slots: you can add more hoppers. The problem is that we cannot remove in the two slots at the same time, because you can only add a hopper at the bottom (or maybe I'm wrong, and I don't make a good use of the hoppers).

• ?
    Which ones?

• Is BC able to take from the two slots at once?