Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

I would copy ONLY the important files directly from the source (the folder they are in, not the entire user folder) to stop any corrupted files or infested files from being copied on. Also get a new computer.

• So... what happened to thermal expansion? And I haven't been able to claim the Mün for GregoriousT yet, sadly. I'm VERY busy with school.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

TE is slowly coming. Not as slow as Redpower slowly, but pretty slow.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Reinstalled antivirus (different), problem gone, for now.
    I really plan on getting a new computer, but that has to wait.

Problems aside, that HD thing bothered me for a whole day.

Let me guess, McAfee was your Problem, right? An "Anti-Virus-Program" might close a bunch of Doors where Viruses could come in, but it also opens leaks, as every Anti-Virus-Program. Unless your Anti-Vir is from the same Software Company than your OS, it will open such leaks, especially if it is a universal Version for multiple operation Systems.

TE is slowly coming. Not as slow as Redpower slowly, but pretty slow.

KingLemming is becoming the next Eloraam if that goes on. :D

• Official Post

Let me guess, McAfee was your Problem, right? An "Anti-Virus-Program" might close a bunch of Doors where Viruses could come in, but it also opens leaks, as every Anti-Virus-Program. Unless your Anti-Vir is from the same Software Company than your OS, it will open such leaks, especially if it is a universal Version for multiple operation Systems.

Avast! it is. Reinstalled a better version of it and it works fine, for now.

• Official Post

Avast! and AVG are the best (by rate of virus detection) free Anti-virus's.

• Apparently they are using on the density of thorium to generate heat.

"Density to generate heat" is a meaningless term.

Thorium has a half life of 14.05 billion years. Real-life RTGs mostly use plutonium with half life of 87.7 years and thermal efficiency of 0.54 kW/kg (assuming 100% efficiency you'd need ~140kg of plutonium to get equivalent power output of a low-end car engine). Basically thorium simply doesn't have enough passive heat generation to be used as RTG. If they have an additional neutron generator to shoot at thorium it could be used but I have hard time seeing such a thing in a car-sized box.

• Official Post

KingLemming is becoming the next Eloraam if that goes on. :D

Eloraam isn't gone yet, there was a post on her twitter in the last year. In her terms, that's here :P 29th of August actually.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by SirusKing ().

• Official Post

My Physics teacher set us a Hw Assignement, and either has incredibly skewed numbers or is thinking KW's are actually KW/h over a year o.o
    Crunched the numbers and the island we are meant to be powering, with a population of 1000, is using up 11 terrawatt hours a year xD

• Official Post

My Physics teacher set us a Hw Assignement, and either has incredibly skewed numbers or is thinking KW's are actually KW/h over a year o.o
    Crunched the numbers and the island we are meant to be powering, with a population of 1000, is using up 11 terrawatt hours a year xD

Probably using making iridium with a fusion reactor

I see this too much.

• Official Post

How's everyone finding the fact Youtube now has no character limit on comments? All ready seen the whole Act 1 of Richard the Third by Shakespeare as a top comment :)

I see this too much.

• How's everyone finding the fact Youtube now has no character limit on comments? All ready seen the whole Act 1 of Richard the Third by Shakespeare as a top comment :)

Useless, unneeded and stupid change that people will come to anyway. I don't want a damn Google+, all I want is to watch videos!

Will also cause people who want to remain anonymous trouble.

• Useless, unneeded and stupid change that people will come to anyway. I don't want a damn Google+, all I want is to watch videos!

Will also cause people who want to remain anonymous trouble.

Agreed

• Official Post

Uhhm, Youtube always limited the amount of Characters in Comments. That is nothing new.

Silly greg :P

Personally, since YT turned my email into a Google + thing about 3 months ago (did it not do that for everyone else?) I made a channel instead of browsing with my email so that it would use my username and stuff. The only bad things about the new comment system are the people spamming the petition that will change nothing and the random Character Penisis thanks to the removal of the character limit.