Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Hello i just registered to say big thanks for porting to 1.12 Advanced Solar Panels and GraviSuite, two of my fav mods in 1.7.10

Also i tried it right away and i guess i found two bugs:

-Ultimate Hybrid Solar Helmet doesn't charge armor if you are wearing it but it works in the inventory.

Molecular Transformer looks semi-transparent from most of sides, here is a pic

• Official Post

Hello i just registered to say big thanks for porting to 1.12 Advanced Solar Panels and GraviSuite, two of my fav mods in 1.7.10

Also i tried it right away and i guess i found two bugs:

-Ultimate Hybrid Solar Helmet doesn't charge armor if you are wearing it but it works in the inventory.

Molecular Transformer looks semi-transparent from most of sides, here is a pic

Thanks, I'll look into those

Wait, how random is this chat supposed to be?

It was before there was the shoutbox, so it's pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else in the forum. Plus some extra that would ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Chocohead

After little bit of testing I found some issues of Tri-Addon. If possible, fix ones and update.

1) GraviSuite: Armor reacts on keybinding even in inventory. For example, typing space (' ') in JEI causes flight (while wearing Nano/Quantum Chestplate).

2) AdvancedSolars: Helmets' energy capacity less then energy capacity of Nano/Quantum Helmets (100k instead of 1M for Nano, 1M instead of 10M for Quantum). Is it intended?

• Chocohead

Thanks so much for the update for 1.12.2, you made awesome work. I didn't notice any bug in the mod itself, but still there are some problems.

It downloads automatically Compact Solars, but not the last version, and when updating to the new version, it will continue to redownload the old version, and so Minecraft crashes because of mod duplicated id.

Another thing not links directly to your mod, but Compact Solars, it displays in redstone creative tab, not the best. It should have his own creative tab, or in IndustralCraft, or Tri-Addon creative tab.

You should publish your mod on Curse, because I don't think will allow anybody to use it in modpack. Curse is pretty annoying when it comes to non Curse mods. And it would be the best for you too, you would be paid by Curse for it. ;)

• Official Post

Armor reacts on keybinding even in inventory. For example, typing space (' ') in JEI causes flight (while wearing Nano/Quantum Chestplate)

That sounds potentially problematic, I'll look into that.

Helmets' energy capacity less then energy capacity of Nano/Quantum Helmets (100k instead of 1M for Nano, 1M instead of 10M for Quantum). Is it intended?

It's probably just a legacy from a long time ago when the Nano and Quantum Helmets had those capacities too, I'll bump the solar ones up to match.

It downloads automatically Compact Solars, but not the last version, and when updating to the new version, it will continue to redownload the old version, and so Minecraft crashes because of mod duplicated id.

Another thing not links directly to your mod, but Compact Solars, it displays in redstone creative tab, not the best. It should have his own creative tab, or in IndustralCraft, or Tri-Addon creative tab.

That was from when I'd ported Compact Solars but it hasn't been published yet, so it's actually bundled within the Tri-Addon jar rather than downloaded. Also as a result the Compact Solars stuff is detached from the other three addons, hence it doesn't end up in the tab with the rest of them. Whilst I could put them there, Tri-Addon was only ever a temporary thing originally for BTM, so I suppose it's really on Compact Solar's side to whether they want to put their stuff in IC2's tab, have their own, or anything else for that matter.

For reference though, if you open the Tri-Addon jar and delete the META-INF folder it will stop extracting Compact Solars on launch.

You should publish your mod on Curse, because I don't think will allow anybody to use it in modpack. Curse is pretty annoying when it comes to non Curse mods. And it would be the best for you too, you would be paid by Curse for it.

The plan is to get the porting bugs fixed then release each addon on the Curse projects they already have, that way people don't have all 3 if they don't want it, and those following the projects will get notifications that there's a new version. They're definitely going on both here and Curse though, I know how much people appreciate it ;)

Can I also thank you both for trying it and reporting back, the more bugs that get reported now, the fewer bugs the actual releases will have :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Chocohead

Also, as I can see, Tri-Addon (ASP part of it) adds recipes for uranium ingot.

These recipes use as input crushed uranium, purified uranium, uranium ore, enriched uranium fuel.

But, see on other IC2 recipes with uranium. These ones use uranium ingot as equivalent of uranium-238.

So, I highly recommend to add just one recipe to compress uranium-238 to uranium ingot instead of all recipes, which mod adds currently.

Also, it would be very helpful to have (extractor) recipes for converting uranium and iridium ingots back into uranium-238 and iridium ore.

• hi Chocohead Thanks for the quick port to 1.12 i really appericate it i love all three mods i will report any issues asap so you can get first release out.

Thanks

Trilex

• Official Post

Advanced Machines/Solars and Gravisuite are still coming, I've not forgotten, just a tad distracted...

So in the mean time, here's Iechya Da, your favourite all Chinese mod that adds a maze minigame and some foreign instruction books for it:

The Chinese isn't really the point at all, it was just a comment from a few days ago that xbony didn't know of any mods that only used Chinese.

• Official Post

Are you sure that's not the last download time rather than a new upload?

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Can you give me permission to repost Tri-Addons and all your mods to MCBBS(http://www.mcbbs.net )And MCMod(http://www.mcmod.cn )?I wish more people know the best Mod~Thanks!

Do not post Tri-Addon, it was only designed as a temporary measure for BTM in November. Now that EU-MJ Engine is up to the latest BuildCraft version (and Iechya Da is finished for now) it leaves ASP next (which just has a few bugs left), then Advanced Machines, with Gravisuite last given I'm still not quite happy how some of it works internally.

I see this too much.

• Do not post Tri-Addon, it was only designed as a temporary measure for BTM in November. Now that EU-MJ Engine is up to the latest BuildCraft version (and Iechya Da is finished for now) it leaves ASP next (which just has a few bugs left), then Advanced Machines, with Gravisuite last given I'm still not quite happy how some of it works internally.

OK.I see. I look forward to the best"Tri-Addons"!

• The latest version of this addon restricts quantum suit bodyarmor from being crafted on apparently any ic2 version. Thanks so much for what you're doing here! I love it!

• Official Post

You could look into setting up an ore washing plant and thermal centrifuge to improve your ore processing yields, you could set up a blast furnace to get some steel you'll need for later game, you could start on crops or look into diversifying your power production to not rely on the sun (ie anything but solars). There's still plenty you can do before jumping straight to UU-matter.

I see this too much.