Diamond -> diamond dust recipe

• I don't know if it just me but im finding that everything is extremely expensive compared to before.

im not complaining but with the of the ores u get 2 dusts not one when macerated.

so i was thinking that it would be bit better if when you macerate Diamonds into diamond dust you get 2 dusts instead of 1.

Because 16 diamonds to make a MFE or 40 diamonds for a MFSU seems a bit over the top.

i do relies you are trying to balance the mod out. but i think it is a bit too much

But this is just my opinion

Thanks

• More dust make your game better in which way?
    My personal reason why it should stay how it is now, only one dust is right rhat reason you use for more dusts.
    Because of MFE, MFSU. Now MFSU can store 4x more energy then before.
    And you need 4 diamonds to 1 energy crystal. Count...

10 diamonds = 10 000 000 EU storage
    40 diamonds = 40 000 000 EU storage

This is probably reason why you'll never gain 4 dust from one diamond :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Official Post

Besides, as a total energy amount per diamond, you get 2.5x the amount of energy you used to in lapatron form.

• Official Post

Diamond Gem -> Diamond Dust is a fixed 1 to 1 Operation, because every Gem has 1 Material Unit, and every Dust has also 1 Material Unit. That cannot be changed just because you don't find enough Diamonds.

The only thing changable would be the Diamond + Redstone = Energy Crystal Dust, to output more Energy Crystal Dust. But in the End, that would be OP.

• Diamond Gem -> Diamond Dust is a fixed 1 to 1 Operation, because every Gem has 1 Material Unit, and every Dust has also 1 Material Unit. That cannot be changed just because you don't find enough Diamonds.

The only thing changable would be the Diamond + Redstone = Energy Crystal Dust, to output more Energy Crystal Dust. But in the End, that would be OP.

Maybe 1 diamond + 8 redstone as a config option?

• Maybe diamond ore blocks could be macerated for 2 dusts? But then you'd need silktouch or Tinkers' construct/string/an emerald.

• What about Vanilla Fortune, Silk Touch.

And, what's goin' on...?

It's 4 times better, it reguire 4 times more diamonds. But, what more, it require less Redstone Dust.

IC2 = 1 Diamond + 8 Redstone Dust = Energy Crystal
    IC2 EXP = 4 Diamond(Dusts) + 5 Redstone Dust = Energium Dust( I hope).

So, ALL what you need is "WASTE" your time with mining. And, if it hurt you, go mine, remember it's MINEcraft.

Fact, then you need to spend more time for better machines is good. there's NO MISTAKE's 'til now and I'm happy for that :)

And, if you're bad in searching diamonds, find just some and make yourself Industrial Diamonds. Not so shine, but... Are good too :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Official Post

If you have a problem just use a recipe editor to change the amount of energium dust that is crafted to 4, then it works out the same as before. More or less.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If you have a problem just use a recipe editor to change the amount of energium dust that is crafted to 4, then it works out the same as before. More or less.

Or make addon for that :D

3 files, few lines of code... So usefull :DDDD

• Official Post

Really it should be a config option :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• 4 diamond dust to make 4 glass fiber cable. So for every unit of glass fiber cable, you need one diamond. That's totally impractical hehe. :P

• Official Post

Glass Fibre is the best cable after all :P

Only for stupid high voltages. Even then, cable frying at too high a voltage and cable loss are both broken

I see this too much.

• Now we might have a 0.1% chance of someone somewhere using a cable that's not glass fibre.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I've not used a single piece of glass fiber in my singleplayer world in the entire two months I've played with IC2 experimental. I crafted a few pieces used as ingredients in advanced reactor components and such, but not a single one placed anywhere in the world.

Of course, that might have more to do with the fact that HV cable isn't as completely useless right now as it used to be, because energy loss over distance hasn't been reimplemented yet...

• Addition to OP: even if MFE and MFSU are seems extremely expensive, you must keep in your mind: IC2 and IC2 Exp provides a way to make vanilla (!) Diamond from Coal - 64 coal = 1 diamond, what is not too expensive recipe if you ask me. Coal is the most common ore in the world and when you arrive to the point you need MFE or MFSU and you kept in your mind to collect all coal ore what you see, you will have more than enough coal to craft MFE or MFSU without any problems.
    And IIRC Coal honors Luck upgrade from TConstruct and similar enchant too.

And, MFE is not needed too early. The new CESU is provides a good way to store energy while you grow - it stores more than batbox and much less expensive than MFE. And LV converter is very cheap.

• Honestly, why would you use glass fiber cable right now? The only way it would help would be for compact solars/wind turbines... and by then you have plenty of UU anyway...