[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Well....... that is really cheap, there are not further side effects ?? If not then we need to think of something as this would be a serious shortcut.?

Well, if you do it in a crucible, the only downside is the fact that it's impossible to automate.

There is a machine in Thaumcraft for automating crucible recipes, though, and if you use that the only real downside is the fact that you'll need to supply the alchemical furnaces with fuel to turn the items into essentia. It's not that much fuel, though.

Also, piping the essentia can sometimes be a bit annoying.

Alsoalso, I just remembered that you can use carrots and spider eyes instead of dye as well.

• Hey i was away,
    Anyways town doesn't really work with a tech...
    it's laggy as hell when you cluster people
    it's already laggy with just nono's base
    need to be at least 10 chunk away :D,
    but we can have a common area.... and rails

• Hey i was away,
    Anyways town doesn't really work with a tech...
    it's laggy as hell when you cluster people
    it's already laggy with just nono's base
    need to be at least 10 chunk away :D,
    but we can have a common area.... and rails

I think that was what was intended. A little town ish area, but we will move apart once we advance more, and can use rails to move long distances.

• Over the past few weeks althought I don't have the time to play I have been reading this thread every now and then...and I find it funny that everyone is concerned about ThaumCrafts upsides and how it will unbalance the server in that direction.
    Now I assume, Kirara being what it is, and you guys being what you are (tech people that is), not many of you have played with ThaumCraft on a server before and on a long term basis.
    I have had the unfortunate experience of playing on a server that had the mod so...I'm here to worry about Thaumcraft unbalancing the server in the other way :D
    There will be flux.
    People will fuck up.
    There will be taint (taint will spread, take over bases towns or railways)
    There will be more monsters, and new mobs...mobs that can't be defeated with a sword or any of the weapons you know...you have to actively combat the taint at a flux level.
    There will be rain. Lots and lots of rain. (And I've heard so many people say: "No, we won't let that happen")
    And the worst part: Silverwood saplings...you thought iridium ore was rare?...think again. (unless you give them away or find a way of rationing them to people...you will have a massive worldfile size)
    The worst problem with this mod is the hype its goodies get...everyone wants the goodies and forgets about the bad parts and the work that will have to be put in to actively combat taint on the server...so no one does it.
    From my experience, this mod is like Methamphetamine...it's really fun the first couple of weeks then it gets real ugly real fast and you end up resetting the world.
    On the other side of the coin...while on the subject of shortcuts...check out the pech and their trades...not sure what they offer but they do trade so better check that for shortcuts.

Another thing that I wanted to point out:
    Enchantments...You're considering adding thaumcraft. The mod even adds more of them.
    It's like: You can't have beer...but you can have vodka. Well if we can have vodka...might as well have some beer...what's the worse that can happen?.. 8)
    And just for the record: I voted No in the poll...I don't want thaumcraft...I can live with / work around it...but it's not something that i desire.
    My personal opinion about the mod is that it's best played alone...maybe with NEI and a minimap mod...just because it adds everything from better smelting to better tools to ore doubling to flight...just everything. On it's own...it's one of the best mods there is.
    And on it's own...it's one of the most balanced mods there is...the brilliant thing being that it's balanced differently:
    most mods: you put in work...you get the goodies
    thaumcraft: you get the goodies...you put in work to keep them
    I can tell you one thing for sure: It will be very interesting to see how this will work out...
    I hope no one takes offence in being called "tech people" and that this post sparks conversation in the other direction, and about how thaumcraft is balanced differently and how that will interacts with the existing mods on the server.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• You know what I've always wanted?...
    something that Greg can add as a TC-GT cross mod thing...
    something that would make me really happy...
    one of these:
    to catch wisps with.
    I freaking hate those annoying little "mini withers"
    :D
    UPS...just realised how off topic this is...

• Official Post

I don't know if it still works on TC4, but on TC3 i used to encase the node with glass, put a tesla coil inside the glass box and an item collector under it. It worked very well.
    Also, i cant get whats that.

Edit: Ok, thanks for the PM informing me whats that.

Edit2: By the waaaaay, those wisps have that sparkling energy (that zaps you)... i wonder if we could use them to generate electricity :P

• Well...think about it...there's so many of them...so they're prolly made in china...and that means they have at least 20% polyester...and they're always flying through the air...so...they're full of static...:P
    This is the second time I'm going off topic in 30 minutes...we need to stop.
    not good.
    not good.
    fun but not good.
    :)

• Official Post

There will be flux.

Awesome.

People will fuck up.

That happens much more with GT than with TC4 :P

There will be taint (taint will spread, take over bases towns or railways)

There will be a Team of Taintbusters leaded by SpwnX. :D

There will be more monsters, and new mobs...mobs that can't be defeated with a sword or any of the weapons you know...you have to actively combat the taint at a flux level.

Adds more difficulty.

There will be rain. Lots and lots of rain. (And I've heard so many people say: "No, we won't let that happen")

Only Youtubers and Noobs complain about Rain, Rain is actually useful (especially at Night since it doesn't obstruct Solar and fills up the Water Tanks), and if it rains at Day, no Problem, I bet someone will set up a Forestry Anti Rain thingy, which disables Rain at Day.

• Flux has changed a lot from TC3 to TC4, now it apparently has to be configured to create taint, and otherwise really does pretty much nothing. Except give you bad status effects when you step in it, and spawn thaumic slimes if it reaches large amounts, which are just as easy to deal with as normal slimes.

All in all, it's kind of a joke, unless you enable it to create taint... Unless there are some hidden effects that I don't know about. Which I doubt.

And by the way, flux no longer causes rain.

• Only wands draw vis from nodes, as nodes were also changed massively too. They are now actual blocks in the world, which can be broken (yielding ethereal essence) and also put into jars (At the cost of a LARGE amount of vis) and moved. Neither drawing nor using vis causes flux, though if you're not careful with your initial stick+iron wand you CAN accidentally draw all the vis from a node. Drawing ALL of the vis from a node is very bad for the node, and can eventually destroy it if you abuse the node a lot, or at the very least damage it. And the only way to get more nodes is to spawn new chunks.
    Oh, and in case you didn't know, there are now many different types of vis, one for every type of aspect. However, wands can only store the six primals, so the compound-aspect vis only shows up in nodes.

The arcane miner uses pickaxes to mine, and gains properties based on the pickaxe it uses. (For example, stone picks go very slowly. I still need to test if stone can mine iron-level ores, I would guess that they can't EDIT: Actually, apparently they can... The low durability means you'll have to replace them often, though) You can, however, feed them Perditio essentia, which can be made by burning Cobble (or some other things, though there's really no reason not to use cobble) in an Alchemical Furnace, using some fuel in the process. This makes them mine faster, and they consume one perditio for every 16 mined blocks, and one cobble gives one perditio.
    Also, it's notable that they mine in a manner similar to quarries. They also will use any enchantments on the pickaxe, so using a silk touch pick will allow silk touch mining.

Also, in case it's not obvious, the pick used takes durability damage as normal, so 1 block = 1 durability unless it has Unbreaking. Also, drills don't work. I tried.

EDIT2: Okay, so apparently you can also automate the replacement of pickaxes using any NBT-compatible automation method... This includes golems. So, you could easily fill a chest next to it with picks, assign one golem to take out spent picks (the bore doesn't allow them to break completely, instead it simply stops when there's one durability point left) and the other to refill it with picks.
    At least its mining speed is affected by block hardness...

• Thanks for the insight into those mechanics! But it sounds fine to me. Mainly because I suspect you will be busy for a little while before you can actually run an arcane bore. By that time we will have better industrial tools as well.

• Official Post

Such hype! With the new Gregtech mechanics, it's going to be interesting as well as fun :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Have you considered making part of the server Amplified?
    With AMIDST it's easily possible to find world with 2 continents, one with normal terrain, the other with Amplified, both separated from rest of the world by ocean, past which alternate biomes could be generated (Thaumcraft). That way you can get 3 different terrains in one world with no jagged lines or sudden biome changes, because rivers and oceans aren't affected by neither of these terrain changes.

• Have you considered making part of the server Amplified?
    With AMIDST it's easily possible to find world with 2 continents, one with normal terrain, the other with Amplified, both separated from rest of the world by ocean, past which alternate biomes could be generated (Thaumcraft). That way you can get 3 different terrains in one world with no jagged lines or sudden biome changes, because rivers and oceans aren't affected by neither of these terrain changes.

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. It seems that amidst is only an information giving tool and not a tool which influences biome generation in the way you are suggesting.