[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• I allways wanted to make a modpack with hardcore darkness and without forever working light sources. So torches burning down, no light from Lava+Glowstone and only powered light besides that.

It's noted. Waaay noted. I can't play without that mod.
    Enviromine makes torches die.
    I like the way you think.

End of transmission. Psshhht.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• RWG is not REALLY up for discussion, unless everyone hates ATG. I also have really nice configs for ATG+BOP.

While I'm at it, ATG isn't really up for discussion either. I will try it unless everyone hates it, once again. I fear the worst, however...

EDIT : Just tell me what you think of ATG. That would be most helpful right now. Also consider fallback options. While I do prefer BOP, I wouldn't mind using EBXL, since so far, people seem to favor it.

I have played on an ATG+greggified-DW20 pack server before. The world looked wonderful. But, I do know the server was struggling with the worldgen. I can live without ATG or RWG in my worlds. If people really want huge cliff faces, they can simply seek out an extreme hills biome, I guess.

Same goes for the biome mods. Historically, I've liked EXBL over BoP. With the 1.7.x release, EXBL felt less overkill both with the landscape and with the worldgen loads, compared to BoP. Having played vanilla biomes on the kiraras until some time ago, I've grown to like that look as well. I'm okay with no Biome mods at all. If people want variety, they can spend some time with the forestry mod, and landscape the place, oh so nicely with the forestry trees. :) Actually, this might be the way to go, as that way, you won't antagonise people that like either EXBL or BoP lol :)

Minor Edit: Having the unofficial GT5 thing in one of the servers is not a bad idea either. Up to Arch, really.

EDIT: Airam and Pyro - thanks for the work on the mod list. Liked all the comments in there as well..

• I personally like RWG better ATG. and all hail to pregenerating terrain, right?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• I personally like RWG better ATG. and all hail to pregenerating terrain, right?

It's not certain if one of this mods will be installed since they are really very resource-hungry.
    Anyway, pregenerating world seems to be an only option with one of thoose mods.

• Does it generate Veins inside those huge Mountains? Because that would be awesome.

The mod I'm building relies on ATG and COG to place them realistically within those mountains. You can actually see the deep oceanic tectonic plates (Basalt) going under the sides of continents and mountains, being presumably volcanic hosts a lot of mineral, way up high and way deep within' mountains as well. Will also come to rely on GT for the complex processing of rocks and minerals. If you like PFAA and think that would be nice. Perhaps someday I can show you so you can laugh at my noobish code ? ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• And yes... I will include ATG on a test server. I will pre-gen this world as well so I think it could be fine. We will see. As for everyone, thanks for commenting. I will make one final spreadsheet along with one new thread later in the day.

• This post concerns the "HARDCORE Kirara 3.0" server.

I suggested the creation of a Custom NPCs village with daily quests, shops, a lottery, a healer, a tavern where you can sleep, etc.
    Since I'll be the one building it, I can assure you all of this will be balanced accordingly. Quests won't make mining obsolete, and shops won't make trading between players useless.

Also, in case you got the wrong idea, the currency will be either GT coins or Custom NPC coins, which will only be obtainable by questing or trading between players.
    I might add ways to trade mob drops for said coins, too.

Some people seemed not really fond of the idea, so I made a poll to have numbers. You can vote here : http://strawpoll.me/4383088

Keep in mind that this village is a secondary feature and you can ignore it completely if you wish.

• Since Kirara seem not to be very fond of towns as far as I can see, I think this could be a neat idea. Either it would make the town actually viable/frequented, or it would just make a nice spawn point for new players. Being greeted by a few npcs must be pretty nice. Also remember it's gonna be more of an early game thing. To help you with the cruel lack of food and things like that.

While I could def. play without, I think it would complete the survival aspect of the game. Because trust me, it's gonna get harsh at first.

EDIT : I'm making my own thread now, invultri. Thanks for letting my use this one for a while while sorting things out.

Edited once, last by Arch ().

• I guess one of the reasons nobody wants to build in something town-ish is that(at least some) bases are so big that they lag all by themselves. having them all in one place would make it much worse i guess.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

People don't build public towns, because they prefer making large Bases instead. I think almost everyone would go to a Town if we had one, the only problem is that nobody builds a Town.

Also this reminds me, that I should add back the Coins sooner than later.

I think the best way of making Coins would be using Damascus Steel Coins, once I add Meta Material Coins. That Steel can only be gotten through Dungeons, so it would be less easy to produce. And then one would also need a perfectly fabricated Mold to create the proper Coins, and that would require 198 Pixels of 4 different "Heights" to be chiseled perfectly in order to produce Fake Coins. (in the Past the value of Coins was the Material Value and not the Value of the Symbol on it)

• I think the best way of making Coins would be using Damascus Steel Coins, once I add Meta Material Coins. That Steel can only be gotten through Dungeons, so it would be less easy to produce. And then one would also need a perfectly fabricated Mold to create the proper Coins, and that would require 198 Pixels of 4 different "Heights" to be chiseled perfectly in order to produce Fake Coins. (in the Past the value of Coins was the Material Value and not the Value of the Symbol on it)

I like this idea. For now I'm using Custom NPC's coins, which will only be obtainable via questing, and maybe traded with a stack of mob drops.
    I'll make a whole thread showing what the NPCs will do and all the balance decisions, to get feedback. I'll launch a new strawpoll at the same time.