[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Bug report for version .17

The Large High Pressure and Large Gas Turbines are not connecting as they should. The other 2 work fine, but these 2, will not accept any of the hatches or maintenance blocks, and change colors to match the turbine. (See Spoiler for Photos)

By the way, I think the Gas Turbine should require a muffler.

• Having encountered Thaumcraft taint, I dream about "nuclear powered taint remover". Could you add something like that?
    I would like to use "industry" to clean up magical mess. Currently Thaumcraft adds only weak tools against taint, which at the same time are too boolean.

• Official Post

Having encountered Thaumcraft taint, I dream about "nuclear powered taint remover". Could you add something like that?
    I would like to use "industry" to clean up magical mess. Currently Thaumcraft adds only weak tools against taint, which at the same time are too boolean.

Random suggestion : A magic energy converter would be able to purify bottles of taint into "bottles of purity". However to do so it must be within a magic forest biome. Also it may occasionally taint the area around it, thus a pure node is needed to keep the area clean. It may also consume energy to do so.
    Hooray for multipurpose.
    Something different: Purelectronics . Infusing Electronics with pure magic, allowing the creation of an electric focus that will spray projectiles of cleansing magic. A proper electric wand /staff is required. Said focus would mainly consune electricity to work, but also a few vis aswell.

• we had it at gt4, it shown redstone signal on a display, i used it on an2 to shown energy storage and process progress.

These where called Redstone Scale, there was an analog Gauge version and a Heat bar version.
    I'd also like these to return into GT5. They had their use as well with redstone covers that allowed propagating redstone value from choose face.
    Having a redstone scale with Segment Leds hex nibble 0 - F or a transparent and light level 4 Nixie tube would be awesome.

• Official Post

Quietly releasing it broken and not telling anyone? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Blood Asp, is there any chance you might be able to improve the GT5 configs a bit?

It would be awesome for server owners to be able to adjust SOME machine data, like the efficiency or fuel use of the generators.
    (I am aware one is allready able to change the fuel values for oil, ethanol, methane gas and so on; but steam for example is totally missing)
    I have not tested GT5U yet, but regular GT5 is lacking for the generic energy part, as there is no really good, renewable source for the higher tiers, and tons of steam boilers might lead to a lot of lag, one of the reasons I want to make steam a bit more worth it.

Also I was wondering if you might want to add some exotic metals to your new machines (americium for example?), GT5 has plenty of ores, though many are unused - would be cool to have even more variation then there allready is.

Also, do your plasma generators generate plasma Helium? If I'm right the plasma arc furnace was not useable in GT5.

• Machine efficiency is allready there? In GT5 or GT5U? If it was allready in GT5 I must have missed it.

Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the good work! Good to see that GT5 still reaches a sort-of finished state. :3

• Great project, Blood Asp, Thank you.

Last time i try to configure gt5, i found that forge hammer use one eu setting for any recipe, same thing with compressor. I understand that because it uses ic2 as base. Can you expand config? Because it's strange when any compressor operation costs 800 and consume same amount of time.

Sorry for my soviet english.

• Awesome job with GT5u. Quick question on the large turbines. Something like Osmium can handle 64000 L/s of steam, but largest GT pipe is only 48000 L/s. Is there a way to get 64000 L/s into large turbine using only GT stuff?

• Awesome job with GT5u. Quick question on the large turbines. Something like Osmium can handle 64000 L/s of steam, but largest GT pipe is only 48000 L/s. Is there a way to get 64000 L/s into large turbine using only GT stuff?

Two inputs.

• That reminds me. I recently discovered some misleading info on the input bus in the FTB wiki:

More than one Input Bus can be used in a machine, but as no recipe currently consumes more than 2 different items, if additional input space is required a larger Bus should be used.

Nichrome (and presumably other two-item EBF recipes) only works if I put the items in separate buses. Putting them both in one 9-slot input bus didn't work, so if the above is how it's supposed to work, there's a bug.