[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Um, have you forgotten to look through this file?
    Particularly:

• GT.zs
    • OreDictTools.zs
    • OreDictBase.zs
    • Slabs.zs

actually yes i did forget about it, I have a terrible memory, sorry. Is there a way to sift seeds in there somewheres, Im just learning Minetweaker so trying to read that is tuff to figure out whats what.

• You really should have a talk with TiCon devs Bloody, since MDiyo is gone, I don't know why this Anti-GT nonsense is still here, plus GregTech reborn fully support Ticon, so why not you ?

• The hammer thing is also a bit of a safe-from-waste mechanism. When the turbine stops receiving steam, the efficiency drops (technically it drops directly to zero immediately.)

Preventing the turbine from actually halting is more or less a matter of commenting out a line or two of code, but you'd still want to be aware that you run the risk of your turbine running extremely inefficiently if your steam flow isn't kinda-sorta-reliable. Is that a problem for you?

I like the feature of "powering up" and "powering down" time. The IC2 Fluid Nuclear Reactor is the same way - it has to run for a while to get up to full efficiency, and when you shut it still has to cool its self down.

In real life, a steam turbine must get up to speed so should the GT ones. I just would like to be able to shut off the fuel supply (steam/plasma, etc) from the supply, and see the Turbine slow its self down until it shuts down. When I flip a lever and reintroduce the fuel supply, the turbine should start on its own again, with no Soft Hammer requirement to start it... it should just start.

This is true with all Gregtech Machinery. If I turn off the Maintenance Requirement in the config, NO SOFT HAMMER should be required to start the machine - the machine should be default enabled to run, and ONLY with the use of a Redstone Control cover should it be able to be shut off.

• You really should have a talk with TiCon devs Bloody, since MDiyo is gone, I don't know why this Anti-GT nonsense is still here, plus GregTech reborn fully support Ticon, so why not you ?

Oh Mine_Sasha, this is probably relevant to ask here. Do you think we could have compatibility between TechReborn and GT5U?

An example could be if someone like myself likes GT5U, but prefers specific things from the older versions of GT like the use of the IC2 style power storage to store power instead of battery buffers and batterys, could the TechReborn power storage support GTEU? I'm not sure if it already does, but I'm assuming it is IC2 EU?

• I really think there should be an unobtainium creative material.

It should be:
    - Color: pink,black
    - Hardness infinite/max
    - Durability infinite /max
    - Process instantly in ore/crushed/washed/pure/ingot/plates.. forms
    - Have all possible/available enchants properties to choose from config
    - Usable for any tool/item/block
    - Substitute unobtainium for any material in recipes: render result item a creative version while maintaining tier
    - Usable as infinite burn time/duration fuel for all kind of generators/furnaces
    - Gives infinite/creative quantum tanks/chests
    - Infinite power lossless cables/wires/machines ...
    As an option, usage of unobtainium is logged and or restricted to OP/Creative mod players (alike command blocks)

Other suggested materials:
    - Debugium (debug material with configurable/setable properties)
    - Creativium (only available in creative)
    - Unobtainium (only available through admin/op give)

• I do feel somewhat strongly about the large turbine blades as they are now. In SP testing I saw that a large steel turbine would only last a few hours of IRL use and there was no way I found to repair it. I didn't test to see if the materials could be reclaimed through arc furnaces, disassemblers, or macerators though. It's mostly the few hours of durability I take issue with. On a chunk loaded server it's simply not useable.

After testing it seems that all you can do to worn out turbines is disassemble them and all that does is make the materials disappear. 8 second MV operation to give nothing back (assuming because it's an assembler and not shaped crafting recipe...)

Also after updating the EBF no longer accepts fluid to its input hatch. I still have to do more testing with this to confirm though.

Confirming that the EBF doesn't accept hydrogen into input hatches in .26.
    The arc furnances don't accept oxygen either.

The plasma arc furnace does accept nitrogen plasma though...

• Muramasa ( aka the most epic saber eva ) : Well theoretically it should work toghether, but then I am not responsible for any WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOM caused in your world, if you want to make a modpack, I would suggest you using minetweaker ( and modtweaker as it will soon have compat with GTreborn if it's not already there ) to heavily modify crafts to avoid conflicts and balance stuff to disable unwanted stuff, I also suggest disabling GT5 cables as they might cause problems with GT reborn, and GT reborn already have cables but it's still very WIP, lastly I think you will need to use IC2 exp ( with or without compilation should work ), as GT reborn haven't released the special version for IC2 classic compat YET ( once it's stable, it will have 2 version, one for normal IC2, other for classic ) and I don't even know if IC2 classic works with GT5, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG Blooooooooody ? :thumbup:

• Official Post

I don't even know if IC2 classic works with GT5

I never got it to work, it didn't make a lot of sense for it to bearing in mind how much of IC2 GT uses.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Theoretically, I will still need to test it though, along with MFR and mekanism cables ^ ^

• Muramasa ( aka the most epic saber eva ) : Well theoretically it should work toghether, but then I am not responsible for any WTFBOOOOOOOOOOOM caused in your world, if you want to make a modpack, I would suggest you using minetweaker ( and modtweaker as it will soon have compat with GTreborn if it's not already there ) to heavily modify crafts to avoid conflicts and balance stuff to disable unwanted stuff, I also suggest disabling GT5 cables as they might cause problems with GT reborn, and GT reborn already have cables but it's still very WIP, lastly I think you will need to use IC2 exp ( with or without compilation should work ), as GT reborn haven't released the special version for IC2 classic compat YET ( once it's stable, it will have 2 version, one for normal IC2, other for classic ) and I don't even know if IC2 classic works with GT5, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG Blooooooooody ? :thumbup:

Huh, well may I suggest a specific mode as a config option for compatibility mode for GT5U that removes(Or handles them in the best way. I'm not sure how it would handle them) overlapping machines/items from TechReborn that is in GT5U, but leaves the unique machines/items. Again, an example would be the blast furnace from TechReborn would wouldn't be in the game since GT5U has one if this option was turned on.

And I think having recipes/balance up to the user if fair enough.

• We already have a lot of things planned for now and bug fixes, but I think we might later add a config option to disable some machines if you want iirc, so that might be your best bet, then again if you don't want to wait, there is minetweaker ;)

• Mercury input doesn't work on chemical reactors either.

• Sorry I meant oxygen in the EBF and arc furnace.

Also my mistake. I was trying to put mercury in a chemical reactor which isn't the same machine as a chemical bath... The chemical bath accepts mercury in testing.

• Is there a zinc vein in the default configuration ? I looked it up in the ftb wiki and in the configs but I can't find any zinc (or anything that gives zinc) vein, and in my world I found ~30 veins, none gives zinc, so I was wondering : do I miss something or I should make a custom vein containing zinc ?