[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• The short term solution is to not restart the server. I keep mine up for weeks at a time without issue and when it goes down it's because I'm making changes/fixes to the pack. Forgeessentials backup plugin has been working flawlessly the whole time.

Also in case anyone is interested in D+T numbers:
    https://docs.google.com/spread…NdF3xhWk/edit?usp=sharing

Sadly that is not an option, we have some bugs on our server that make regular restarts mandatory. I had to restart the reactor 5 times for 500 buckets of oxygen plasma...

• Just curious:
    From where you guys get all that Chrome to the Fusion Reactor? Redstone Centrifuging?

Well, yes. Redstone veins contain redstone and ruby ore. Ruby ore has chrome as byproduct. Use advanced miners or quarries for it. You will need a few veins, but it is the best way. Or you add a chromite veins, but that would be too easy 8)

• I started off redstone centrifuging but mining roughly 5000 ore is just unreasonable so I instead focused on making a stable energy surplus for replication.

Mass fabricator turns EU into UUM.
    UUM turns into items in a replicator.
    To choose which item to replicate you need to scan it into a data orb using a scanner.
    UUM can be made quicker/more EU efficient when boosting a mass fab with UUAmplifier.
    UUAmplifier is made with scrap in a amplifabricator.
    Scrap is made in a recycler.

If you want you could go nuts with ratios to keep everything fed properly but I just made a set of MV machines and let it run for about 300 hours (it's only about 40 in so far).

• I'm saying that if you put 999 mB/s of lava into an LHE with no IC it will output 79,920 steam/s.
    If you put 1001 mB/s of lava into an LHE with no IC it will output 80,080 SHS/s.
    As I understood the wiki it should output 40,040 SHS/s in that second case

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. I'll look into that.

Exactly what I'm looking for. Now the question is, do we do anything about it? The LHE has other advantages: you don't need to work it in multiples of 100, it saves floor space, and its scalable.

I take it a "Large" turbine is still better? You mentioned "Normal." Those things are ridiculous due to the efficiency bonus.

I know. I was suggesting ways to fix the issue of losing half of the water if the LHE was "fixed" to output half as much when in SHS mode. Another, more clean solution would be to just make the distilled water requirements half when in SHS mode.

[/quote]
    Oh ok, thanks. Don't worry, I switched the code to tie water/steam ratio together a bit more tightly. If I halve one, it'll halve the other too.

Is there a way to make fuel ethanol in GT5u? Seems the fermenter and some water and sugar would be able to make this most important fuel.

Distillation Tower, unless something in your pack breaks it. It may look for specific mods (Forestry?).

Hello.
    In 5.08.28 changelog the following change is listed:
    -Change large plasma gen output

Can someone explain what exactly was changed? When searching in the commit for "plasma" I only found that
    aOptFlow was changed from 40 to 20.

What does it mean to me as a player? Does it mean you know need 2x more turbines, since turbine will output 2x less EU/t? If that's the case it really sucks since you already needed 5 turbines for mk2 and now you're gonna need 10. For mk3 I'm not even gonna go how much pain it will be checking on all these rotors..

If I'm reading it right, it's lowering the target threshold to achieve maximum gain to the original design.

Since I've never done Fusion before, can you clarify why you need 5 turbines? Even with "Large" or "Huge" rotors?

• Well in my opinion the LHE +large turbines has a huge material cost and requires material upkeep and multiblock maintenance. To make sense to use it should be at least as good as the stirling engines or else I just wouldn't bother with it and would just make a srirling engine array.

Also when I said normal I meant steam so two large turbines both using the same type of rotor.

• Well in my opinion the LHE +large turbines has a huge material cost and requires material upkeep and multiblock maintenance. To make sense to use it should be at least as good as the stirling engines or else I just wouldn't bother with it and would just make a srirling engine array.

Also when I said normal I meant steam so two large turbines both using the same type of rotor.

I know IC2 doesn't feature energy loss these days, but I wonder how much that would cut into your profits if it did. A GT5 turbine is a single point of contact requiring much less wiring. Your array would require considerably more.

(In infitech2 we've removed IC2 wiring. No free power transmission for you :p )

• Official Post

I wonder how much that would cut into your profits if it did

Nothing like using GT cables would.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yes, Seems boring to mine that amount of Redstone. I looked at the Chromite, didn't knew it was deactivated.

I already have replicated the osmium needed by the Fusion reactor, so will start with the Chrome for now. It uses about 1/4 of the uum matter, still, 1024 is a lot. Seems that would take 597 hours to produce the UUM Matter (using amplifabricators) all this.
    I'm thinking about make 4 or 8 mass fabricators, the only problem would be scrap to feed all the amplifab. Will need a bigger farm...

• I know IC2 doesn't feature energy loss these days, but I wonder how much that would cut into your profits if it did. A GT5 turbine is a single point of contact requiring much less wiring. Your array would require considerably more.

(In infitech2 we've removed IC2 wiring. No free power transmission for you :p )

I disable ic2 cables too. Cable loss can be virtually eliminated by transforming up right at the output. With clever geometries you can get by with few transformers too. By the time you're at HV you don't need to think about it and use EV for transmission further than ten blocks. Just because the generators don't produce as much as the transformers could handle doesn't mean there's loss. I haven't done the numbers but I think cable losses from LV generation can be brought down to under 5%.

• I'm saying that if you put 999 mB/s of lava into an LHE with no IC it will output 79,920 steam/s.
    If you put 1001 mB/s of lava into an LHE with no IC it will output 80,080 SHS/s.
    As I understood the wiki it should output 40,040 SHS/s in that second case

I can't replicate the halving failing at 999 vs 1001. In all my tests, the output changes properly.

I do see an error I believe however. It looks like the LHE is always producing 2x what it should. This is true of both HC and Lava.

During Testing:
    if I provide 3999mb/S HC, I get ~4000 mb/t steam.
    If I provide 4000m/S HC I get ~2000 mb/t Superheated steam
    if I provide 999mb/S Lava, I get 8000 mb/t steam
    if I provide 1000mb/S Lava, I get 4000 mb/t steam

All these values are doubled above what I see in Blood's wiki:
    1 HC = 0.5 steam or 0.25 SHS. So 4000 HC should be 1000 mb/t superheated steam, not 2000
    1 Lava = 4 mb/t steam or 2 mb/t SHS. So 1000 Lava should be 2000 superheated steam, not 4000

Any feedback on this before I submit the fix?

Bear in mind that if you feel there's a balance problem, the fix needs to go through Blood. I don't change his designs, I just fix em :)

• Blood said a few (maybe more at this point lol, within the past two weeks though) that the double lava value was intentional and cited the lava boiler still being more powerful than the LHE even after a large nerf to the lava boiler. I can't speak for the hot coolant. Idk things feel fairly balanced right now because it feels like there's sufficient incentive to go for multiblocks if they can be afforded and even more motivation to go superheated steam. I never actually did non superheated steam tests so what I was seeing must have been the halved value but the confusion came from expecting half as much from the wiki :p

• There isn't an easy way to distribute 1L of uu-amplifier to each mass fabricator, there is?
    I think I will have to make one amplifabricator to each mass fabricator, and split the scrap instead...

• im a bit miffed once more, going through my pack and updating all the relevant mods today, finally got all the bugs straightened out, and fixed all the id conflicts.

usually i run a forge server locally, and leave the server running for chunkloading goodness

using forge 1448 results in netty.io errors, client says timed out, and varios mods throw networking errors in the client log.

i saw that on the first post blood says not to use forge versions 1428-1481 because it breaks MP, but could i get some specifics on what exactly is breaking?

im hoping that i can narrow things down, i guess. ive not changed any mods beyond updating to the latest versions, since the last time i played with forge 1448 and GTU 05.08.** was this a recent breakage?

tl;dr :: what forge version should i use for a local server?