[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• And I have a GT suggestion.
    We already have a coolant for reactors. GT can add another coolant types for reactors. I am pretty sure, that there are several types, which are based on metals. Na-something. + Some metals in their molten state. mercury 100% had its uses in IRL nuclear reactors. Something like that.
    I believe, these coolants could have simply a diferent multiplier for heat X hot coolant. default is 1 HU= 1mB of hot coolant. (If I am correct). So, these types would be able to eat more\less heat for different setups. I d like some better reactor components though.. or maybe better reactos. Naq maybe :D

In case you hadn't noticed, GT5u already has NaK and Helium coolant cells for nuclear reactors, and separate Naquadah reactors.

• I think he is talking about the coolant of the 5^3 reactor. Different cooling fluids would be a great way to tier them and increase power output with better materials/machines...

• Gt Suggestion:

Does anyone think it would be a cool idea if GT5U had a new Forestry Alveary block to add into the Alveary multi-block to allow us to breed these high level GT bees? or even a independent GT Alveary?

It would be a cool way to make it a little harder to work with these high end material bees.

• Is it normal to make a flint sword with Fire Damage on it? It seems really overpowered for the start. I think the flint tools are fine but not the sword. Can I disable just the sword or disable getting an effect on it when u make one? I was thinking in the recipe.cgf file B:toolHeadSwordFlint_true=false

Edit ... that didn't work, please assist.

• Is it normal to make a flint sword with Fire Damage on it? It seems really overpowered for the start. I think the flint tools are fine but not the sword. Can I disable just the sword or disable getting an effect on it when u make one? I was thinking in the recipe.cgf file B:toolHeadSwordFlint_true=false

Edit ... that didn't work, please assist.

recipes.cfg is mainly for machine-processing recipes. The lines about toolHeadSwordFlint are for the tool head separately, not the whole tool, and for being able to macerate/pulverize/rockcrusher said tool head. Flint tools are a special case where they are normally crafted directly without making tool heads first (in fact, by default, most flint tool heads are uncraftable; the exception being the arrow head). I think it might be possible to get either change using Minetweaker, but not easily, because GT swords of different materials are distinguish by NBT data rather than by metadata.

• yes it is normal for swords and axes to have fire aspect I, they do low damage and the fire doesn't help unless you let them burn between hits. also there is the zombie hitting you while on fire then burning you. soooo..... long story short, I don't see it as OP.

• what's I'm doing wrong ?
    structure is OK... but dont work...

I had fill input hatch with water and I use a IV energy hatch. is it OK ?

• OK well, I just disabled flint tools in the config. Stick with wood and stone like normal I guess. Thanks for replies guys.

recipes.cfg is mainly for machine-processing recipes. The lines about toolHeadSwordFlint are for the tool head separately, not the whole tool, and for being able to macerate/pulverize/rockcrusher said tool head. Flint tools are a special case where they are normally crafted directly without making tool heads first (in fact, by default, most flint tool heads are uncraftable; the exception being the arrow head). I think it might be possible to get either change using Minetweaker, but not easily, because GT swords of different materials are distinguish by NBT data rather than by metadata.

• Official Post

The latest version of Extra Utilities (http://minecraft.curseforge.co…a-utilities/files/2264383) has a line in the changelog:

Disable the item filter "hasContainerIitem.exe" when certain incompatible mods/apis are present.

Guessing that means no more GT hammer sounds? (Not that I've tested it yet)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The latest version of Extra Utilities (http://minecraft.curseforge.co…a-utilities/files/2264383) has a line in the changelog:

Guessing that means no more GT hammer sounds? (Not that I've tested it yet)

Released 3 hours ago, seems like he just needed a little poke or already was about to finish the new feature.
    And when looking at RWTema's code, I can already confirm that this will work.
    Cut down to the relevant parts, for the interested ones:

Code
    static {
            AdvancedNodeUpgrades.problemCodePresent = (Loader.isModLoaded("gregtech") || Loader.isModLoaded("gregapi") || ModAPIManager.INSTANCE.hasAPI("gregapi"));
            if (!AdvancedNodeUpgrades.problemCodePresent) {
                addEntry(new Matcher("HasContainerItem") {
                    @Override
                    public boolean matchItem(final ItemStack item) {
                        return item.getItem().hasContainerItem(item);
                    }
                });
            }

This means that I will delete my patched version and link to the new one.

• Official Post

problemCodePresent is a nicer variable name than if someone like Skyboy had done it, that's for sure.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi all! Random drunkpost. I LOVE GREGTECH 5U. I am about to advance to the fusion stage. Anyone got a good wiki written for dummies? Ideally one written for six-year-olds with ADHD?

Also, any use for Naquadria besides fusion?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• When using a Railcraft tank, is there any limitation on the input and output rate imposed by the iron/steel valves or the limitations are given by the pump rate and pipes capacity ?

• When using a Railcraft tank, is there any limitation on the input and output rate imposed by the iron/steel valves or the limitations are given by the pump rate and pipes capacity ?

If there is a limit it's higher than a huge tungstensteel pipe can put through (48 B/s). Also I put a large tsteel boiler with one lv output hatch adjacent to a steel tank and saw it fill at 40 B/s.