[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I'm having some issues with the Pyrolyse Oven. First of all, the processing speed seems to be much lower than NEI states.

For 16 wood logs -> 20 charcoal with Nytrogen NEI states 16 seconds. With MV (NEI states 96EU/tick, so should be 16 secs) I am timing it at ~38 secs. I must confess that I was using the Natura log exploit to supplement my charcoal production, and having now upgraded to a newer version and therefore reliant on Pyrolyse Ovens or Coke Ovens (which are completely impractical for mass-generation; at 90 secs/charcoal you'd need 90 per Large Boiler) it is a bit crazy trying to support my 5 charcoal-fired large boilers. If the NEI 16 seconds was being used it wouldn't be that major; I could support 5 large boilers with 4 Pyrolyse Ovens, but at ~38 seconds I would need 10! I suspect this is unintentional?

As an aside, I'm finding this especially painful since for some reason I'm not seeing the Large Boiler efficiency improvements implemented in 5.09.00 (Bronze gets me <=6,800 EU/charcoal, and the increased Pyrolyse charcoal processing time increases the energy cost per charcoal from 1.5k EU to ~3.6k EU). I'm unclear as yet on whether or not that is due to Beyond Reality futzing with things though, so don't consider it a bug report!

In the Pyrolyse Oven 4 Bio Chaff->5B Biomass is listed as taking 45 seconds in NEI, but my timing (with LV; NEI states 10EU/tick) suggests more like 2 minutes. Again, this makes it challenging to achieve scale.

Second, upgrading the energy hatch in the Pyrolyse Oven does not appear to increase the speed. For charcoal this would be rather detrimental to net energy production, but for Bio Chaff since each one only takes 2,250 EU at LV, even HV (4x speed, 16x energy cost) it would only cost 36k EU/Bio Chaff, and since each one makes 40k L Biogas (Distillation Tower) you're getting >1m EU/Bio Chaff; ie. the Pyrolyse cost is insignificant - the big cost is actually the Distillation Tower @ 384k. I digress. My point is that it would be highly desirable in this instance to be able to increase the speed of the Pyrolyse Oven rather than waste CPU & space on running zillions of them. Is that inability to increase their processing speed intentional?

• Yea I know but the problem is I don't really see lines for combs so I can't disable them. I wanna know if there's like any other way to change them.

• The Mass Fab is a PITA! As hinted by the twin 4x cables in the recipes, it takes 8 Amps! The only ways I have found of providing that sensibly were with directly attached transformers or battery buffers (the latter being rather expensive what with all the batteries). My current setup with two Advanced Mass Fabricators (MV) is shown below:

Welcome here slave of the grind.

To be exact about mass fab: All tiers can draw up to 10amp so remember when wireing them up. They use less. All need same EU per UUM and double the speed per tier, so needed amps half each time. 8Amp(+loss) on LV, 4Amp MV, 0.5Amp on IV.

About the pyrolyse oven: Did you change the circuit in the gui slot? That is a different one to notice there is nitrogen and it just runs the default one without.

Now that IC2 for 1.8.9 has been announced (even if it hasn't been released yet), have you given any thought to whether you'll port GT5u/GT5e to 1.8.9 sometime after that? (I know asking "when" is against the rules, but as far as I've been able to tell, asking "if" is allowed here, unlike the Minecraft forum)

For now i finish GT5 up. I have 3 bigger additions (pollution, tool changes, cleanroom for circuit production) and about 20 smaller changes (add Lightning Rod, ect.) on my list. After that only bugfixes. Maybe i will try to follow IC2 to 1.8 or 1.9 in a few months, but no idea if i can handle the rendering changes.

Well, the output is per tick, so 20x per sec. That way it fits into the output hatches just fine. But i might need to slow down the LHE a bit.

Still missing some Arc Furnace recipes for bronze/LV machines

They are only hidden and work just fine. So many that had issues finding the right way to produce stuff in NEI since there where dozens of recycling recipes outputting the same stuff.

• -Snip-

Please tell me a Large Diesel Turbine is on that list somewhere? A better way to process refined fuels is definitely needed.

Sorry I keep bringing this up, but I feel like it's the only turbine that hasn't been implemented.

Thanks,

Mura.

• Welcome here slave of the grind.

Thank you. :) And I would not have it any other way! ;)

To be exact about mass fab: All tiers can draw up to 10amp so remember when wireing them up. They use less. All need same EU per UUM and double the speed per tier, so needed amps half each time. 8Amp(+loss) on LV, 4Amp MV, 0.5Amp on IV.

Ah! *facepalm* I did not think to test at different voltages; I just assumed Amperage was constant. That is very helpful, thanks.

About the pyrolyse oven: Did you change the circuit in the gui slot? That is a different one to notice there is nitrogen and it just runs the default one without.

Yes. I'm definitely using ICs with "Configuration == 2" for the Nitrogen/Nytrogen (I presume the odd spelling is a Greg-ism) charcoal ovens and "Config == 1" on the Bio Chaff/Biomass ovens.

Well, the output is per tick, so 20x per sec. That way it fits into the output hatches just fine. But i might need to slow down the LHE a bit.

Just to butt in here, I'm currently working on a lava-fed Superheated Steam LHE. Based on this I reckon I should get 80k L/sec SHS from 1k L/sec lava. According to my calculations that will be able to power 5 Large Turbines with HSS-E or Haderoth (I like Metallurgy 3) turbine blades (30k L/s optimal flow - ie. we're talking big-ass, high-end, expensive blades) with the SHS and a further 5 Large Turbines with Blue Steel or Inolashite (15/16k L/s optimal flow) with normal steam (ie. 10 LTs with just half 1 LHE's capacity, though I could have a couple less steam ones)!

So, yes, I'd agree re. maybe slowing it down a bit. Might I suggest that you keep the lava-to-steam/SHS/energy ratio the same though? It is fairly eye-watering as is. A higher LHE-to-LT ratio would be also be good from a point of aesthetics, I mean look at all that unbalanced/empty space (LHE is hidden behind tank)! Very bad for one's Feng Shui. ;)

That said, I can't make the damn turbines work. :( I probably should have conducted a small scale test first before spending the many, many hours building all 10. :P My gas-fired LTs work just fine! There is SHS in the pipes & input hatch (definitely not normal steam lurking around), no maintenance errors, all looks shiny, but the front turbine graphic spins for a moment then stops (after hitting with rubber hammer) and won't restart (even after breaking & replacing LT+input hatch and re-maintenancing, weirdly - ie. I don't even get the brief spinning again). No power or fluid output (empty output hatch), nor any rotor damage. Tried with and without EV pump set to export on the pipe connecting to the import hatch (I'm never quite sure if I actually need pumps on GT pipes; usually just have them at the input end). Am I missing something daft?

• To be exact about mass fab: All tiers can draw up to 10amp so remember when wireing them up. They use less. All need same EU per UUM and double the speed per tier, so needed amps half each time. 8Amp(+loss) on LV, 4Amp MV, 0.5Amp on IV.

Thank you Blood-Asp fro clarifying.
    Someone can update these precious informations into the Gregtech Wiki?

I now think it was a bad idea to craft 256 LV Mass Fab and it explain why cables burned and caused an epic chain of explosions. Hopefully it was a test creative setup here: http://imgur.com/a/TQ1F6

Now I have to recycle my 256 LV Mass Fabs and 64 LV Transformers either in disassembler or in plasma arc furnace :/

If I read you explanation right, I can connect two IV Mass Fab on a single 1Amp cable as it will draw 0.5 Amp each so total 1 Amp? Or is there chances they will both draw 1 Amp every two ticks but at the same time, causing a 2Amp load?

• Holy crap. I've made some big setups before but I've never run more than 8 turbines at once and never more than 4 from one supply. That is impressive to say the least. Idk what flow rate you're aiming for but you may find huge Ti isn't enough. Also intersections will kill you. You'll want pumps at least at every intersection and if that isn't working out the way you calculate experiment with pumps at every pipe block. Also always always use a fluid regulator adjacent to LHEs and large turbines. The LHE math seems to be a bit more... unpredictable, especially when using ICs. Tune the LHE input for your designed steam flow rate.

• They all can draw up to 10amp when filling their internal buffers, so you must limit amps at the source or use big 10amp cables. While running they request 1 amp every 2 ticks. Actually a little bit more because of the loss.

Holy crap. I've made some big setups before but I've never run more than 8 turbines at once and never more than 4 from one supply. That is impressive to say the least. Idk what flow rate you're aiming for but you may find huge Ti isn't enough. Also intersections will kill you. You'll want pumps at least at every intersection and if that isn't working out the way you calculate experiment with pumps at every pipe block. Also always always use a fluid regulator adjacent to LHEs and large turbines. The LHE math seems to be a bit more... unpredictable, especially when using ICs. Tune the LHE input for your designed steam flow rate.

Also the only issue i can think of. But also sounds a bit off since said turbines do not start up again after first spin. There are many small things, but they all seem bit off.
    No blocks in front of the turbine(but they would not complete the multiblock anyways).
    Adding a muffler to steam turbines might result in strange behaviors.
    All maintainance fixed?

Are you going to add a Rotarycraft compatibility for GT machines? E.g. for boilers/ furnaces ?

What exactly do you mean by boilers and furnace compatibility with GT?
    Recipes?
    Or somehow energy compat?
    Since rotarycrafts balancing is completely different from GT, compatibility is not that easy.

• So, over at the TerraFirma Craft forums they told me that GT has a "world unification" feature that can't be turned off, unlike its inventory and machine unification.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround using minetweaker or another method that you guys could recommend. Basically there are multiple types of TFC copper and iron ores, all of which unify to one type of TFC copper or iron when picked up. Turning off inventory unification and giving TFC unification precedence in the configs doesn't help, apparently GT still tries to unify all of TFC's ores registered under the same ore dictionary value to a single type of TFC ore. If I remember correctly, TFC's mod authors use metadata to delineate between their various ores.

What do you guys think? Is there any way of fixing this short of writing my own compatibility mod?

• So, over at the TerraFirma Craft forums they told me that GT has a "world unification" feature that can't be turned off, unlike its inventory and machine unification.

I'm wondering if there is a workaround using minetweaker or another method that you guys could recommend. Basically there are multiple types of TFC copper and iron ores, all of which unify to one type of TFC copper or iron when picked up. Turning off inventory unification and giving TFC unification precedence in the configs doesn't help, apparently GT still tries to unify all of TFC's ores registered under the same ore dictionary value to a single type of TFC ore. If I remember correctly, TFC's mod authors use metadata to delineate between their various ores.

What do you guys think? Is there any way of fixing this short of writing my own compatibility mod?

While I haven't checked in a while did you look in the unification config? but ya ores should not be unifying in any case.

• Hello. I have a Large Steel Boiler producing steam at 1200mb/t or 24000L/s. That should be enough to fully power 30 Steam Dynamos. So this setup has MV Output hatch with 24000L capacity going through Large TSteel pipes with the same capacity into 30 Steam Dynamos. The expectation is that each consecutive Dynamo steals 800L from the pipe system and at the end we get 800 left for the last Dynamo. But what happens instead is each dynamo takes 1600L without any increase in RF and 15 Dynamos are fully powered instead. To try and circumvent that I thought about making 800L pipes going into each Dynamo, like this. Nothing changed. Only 15 Dynamos are fully powered. Shutters made no difference in any configuration. The only way to make this work I found was to put a pump going into each Dynamo, but that many pumps seems a bit much. Same system but with fluiducts works flawlessly.

I guess I'm missing some nuance about the way GT pipes work. I've watched MysteryDump's videos and either I'm retarded or she's terrible at explaining the pipe mechanics.

As a side note: why don't the regulators do anything?

• While I haven't checked in a while did you look in the unification config? but ya ores should not be unifying in any case.

I have, yes. I basically set all of the ores under the TerraFirma craft heading to "true". If my understanding is correct, this only stops TFC ores from unifying into GT's version of the ores. Doesn't seem to really be relevant except in the case of ingots, plates, etc. In gregtech.cfg "CraftingUnification" is still set to "true", but that doesn't affect the ores as far as I can tell, as I have tested with it set to false as well.

Someone over at TFC forums was making a similar custom modpack using GT 6 instead (I prefer 5 atm). They had an issue with TFC charcoal turning into vanilla charcoal when picked up off the ground. The guy talked to greg and apparently greg pushed out an update to "[FIXED] TerraFirmaCraft Item Unification to Vanilla Items." (6.01.06)

It seems like it might be a similar issue in GT 5 ex, but I might be wrong. Someone wiser could probably tell me for sure. Sounded like TFC coal was unifying to vanilla coal because both were registered as coal in the ore dictionary. Am I on the right track here at all? I think this is only an issue with ores specifically.

Regardless, I would love a workaround if anyone has ideas--minetweaker, config, code change--whatever. Blood Asp, perhaps you could weigh in? Am I completely off base here?

• Hallo!

I can't craft "itemEngineBoost.name" from Gravitation suite mod.
    Recipe shown, but when laud items on the table (vanila or AE2) this item is not crafting.

In NEI one of the items (Advanced Heat Vent) ID (for example 4308 ), but in game this ID is 4308:1

What can I do?
    Thank you.

• I had tried GT5u with TFC a while ago and had no issues with ores and ingots. If I get time after work I'll look back through my old videos and see what I can find. My issue with doing it was crop sticks not working on TFC farmland and at the time there was no nether to spawn GT ores in so I was using custom ore gen to spawn small GT ores. Then I had a bad chunk error that ended the series and haven't gotten time to get back to it since the changes to TFC.