[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• AFAIK you still need metal blocks for bees as well as the plants. So without GT5 ores generating, you're SOL. Don't use skyblock

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Bug with recipe reverse in distillation tower: original recipe is reversed instead of copy. So distillation tower keeps "flipping".
    For example: distilling light oil. Bottom output hatch outputs sulfuric gas and sulfuric heavy fuel (that keeps changing - internally it's a call to checkRecipe method), clogging pipes.

• AFAIK you still need metal blocks for bees as well as the plants. So without GT5 ores generating, you're SOL. Don't use skyblock

Well, then i have something new for you to learn:

After some testing in a creative world with e.g. the gold bees, i can tell you that

1. you dont need any metal blocks
    2. with the default option of comb nerving you need either uum or ores to combine with the combs and you get purified ores out of them
    3. with comb nerving disabled you simply get tiny piles of the metals out of the combs

So with disabled comb nerving i can use the GT bees to produce materials for me.

As a sidenote: i would not have been out of options without bees and crops, it would just reduce the work to get to higher tiers as i just would add the materials as output to the Ex Nihilo Sieve. So your last statement ("Don't use skyblock") is pretty pointless anyway 8)

• What do I need to do to remove/change centrifuge recipes of honey combs from forestry ? The only value I can find in the config file is for gt combs.

• Could you add a way to recharge GT tools while away from the base? I'd like to disable ic2 drill via minetweaker,
    but GT drills are just too nerfed. They have a durability and you have to go back to recharge all the time.
    Letting them recharge from ic2 battery packs would be best.

• Could you add a way to recharge GT tools while away from the base? I'd like to disable ic2 drill via minetweaker,
    but GT drills are just too nerfed. They have a durability and you have to go back to recharge all the time.
    Letting them recharge from ic2 battery packs would be best.

AFAIK charging electric GT tools from batpacks and energypacks already works. I'm fairly sure they can also recharge from charging RE-batteries, crystals, etc. as long as those are at least as high voltage tier as the tools (and higher-voltage tools use up EU faster, so they don't have a big advantage there)

• I dunno if this has been fixed in the recent version (as I can't test the update while I'm away from home) but Version 5.0.9.19 has issues with Harder Peaceful, crashing the game when I try to eat or drink gregtech food or drink items. it seems to be an issue with Harder Peaceful not liking something in this modified version of gregtech but works fine with the official gregtech 5 for MC 1.7.10

If needed I can post a log and/or crash log if that will help.

• What are recipe properties of a Mass Fabricator (LV)?

Per 1l of UUM

Without UUA input:
    EU/t
    Amperes
    Ticks duration

With UUA input:
    EU/t
    Amperes
    Ticks duration

While I am planning UUA → UUM:

The UU Amplifier basic recipe (LV) is exactly 32 EU/t
    How can you feed it exactly 32 EU/t given cable loss?
    Do you need a generator per machine directly connected (no cable)?

• Official Post

I dunno if this has been fixed in the recent version (as I can't test the update while I'm away from home) but Version 5.0.9.19 has issues with Harder Peaceful, crashing the game when I try to eat or drink gregtech food or drink items. it seems to be an issue with Harder Peaceful not liking something in this modified version of gregtech but works fine with the official gregtech 5 for MC 1.7.10

If needed I can post a log and/or crash log if that will help.

A crash report is going to be useful, especially if it is still an issue.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The UU Amplifier basic recipe (LV) is exactly 32 EU/t
    How can you feed it exactly 32 EU/t given cable loss?
    Do you need a generator per machine directly connected (no cable)?

Generator-direct is one way. Another is to use a battery buffer with multiple generators and a multi-amp cable.

• Hello everyone!
    I found a Output overflow bug in a Large heat Exchanger Math.
    Tested on 5.9.19
    So Large Heat exchanger basic math is:
    8 buckets of hot coolant convert to 8 buckets of coolant, and generate 640 bucket of steam per second.
    Half load 4 buckets of hot coolant generate 160 L of overheated steam.
    In GT exp 5.9.x hot coolant effectivity has increased by x4.
    It tested on IC2 heat exchangers+stirling generators it work fine.
    But it doesnt work in LHE.
    First.
    MAX fluid output is only 80 buckets, but normaly is possible to use EV/UV/LuV outputs with size 40/48/56 bucket/s.

Max output count is 5
    So maximum possible steam output is 200/240/280 bucket/s
    It's not close to 640 bucket/s.

If hot coolant effectivity is increased by x4 it means
    That on optimal flow 8bucket LHE will generate 8 x 80 x 4 = 2560 steam or 4 x 40 x 4 or 640 OH steam buckets per sec.
    Does it tested?
    Does it work?

If i dont understand correct math of LHE pkease explain it someone.
    P.S. excuse me for my ''perfect'' english

• Now that IC2 for 1.8.9 has been announced (even if it hasn't been released yet), have you given any thought to whether you'll port GT5u/GT5e to 1.8.9 sometime after that? (I know asking "when" is against the rules, but as far as I've been able to tell, asking "if" is allowed here, unlike the Minecraft forum)

• The Mass Fab is a PITA! As hinted by the twin 4x cables in the recipes, it takes 8 Amps! The only ways I have found of providing that sensibly were with directly attached transformers or battery buffers (the latter being rather expensive what with all the batteries). My current setup with two Advanced Mass Fabricators (MV) is shown below:

In the above, each MV transformer is providing 8x 128EU/tick. They each need at least 1x 512 EU/tick, so I found it best to simply dedicated an HV transformer to each MV Mass Fab (stainless steel is cheap). Each HV transformer needs 1x 2048EU/2ticks, which means I can string up to 7 of those "pods" off one EV transformer with 4x aluminium cable (7 not 8 due to the losses in the cable).

My understanding is that there is no difference in power draw whether the Mass Fab is supplied with UUA or not; it just decreases the time to produce. I can't remember where I got that from though so am uncertain of how big a difference it makes. I think it was about an order of magnitude faster with UUA maybe?

PS. This is my first post here! :) I'm a long-time fan of IC2, GT an GT5 unofficial, I've just never gotten around to signing up for the forums. Apologies if I've borked the image implantation; not worked out how to specify stuff like image size yet.