[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1246>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1240>, null, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);

When an assembler recipe uses a single item in first slot, you must add an integrated circuit into second slot. null does not work here.
    I don't know if it is a limitation in GTTweaker or in Gregtech API though.

Gregtech uses Integrated Circuit 24 with assembler cable coating.
    This should work:

Code
    mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1246>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1240>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24>, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);
  • Edit: Blood Asp, I can somewhat understand you being busy, but I didn't think you'd be so busy that you'd be unable for nearly a month to even post a message to explain what was keeping you busy. However, now you have, so we can try to be patient.

I was here, just somehow forgot to mention it. Or did i? At last i was reading in the forum.

While Im at it: Why are the first two digits after gt.metaitem alsways "01"

They do not all. There are also metaitem 02 and 03. Just one metaitem can have up to 32768 items and the first one includes the most common ones.

This should work:

mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1246>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1240>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:1>, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);

It is an limitation of the GT API. It is one of the older machines and handled a bit different. Also remember that there must be different input items or the recipe will not be added.

• When an assembler recipe uses a single item in first slot, you must add an integrated circuit into second slot. null does not work here.

Gregtech uses Integrated Circuit 24 with assembler cable coating.
    This should work:

Code
    mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1246>, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:1240>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24>, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);

Thanks for the quick answer, sadly it didnt work.
    While the script loads fine, the recipe doesent show up in NEI.
    Its the same outcome as if I replaced the circuit with stone.

Maybe "liquid:molten.rubber" isnt correct?
    Since you wrote "gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24" I assume that the first four digits in the ID for the circuit (5726:24) are something else?

• Since you wrote "gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24" I assume that the first four digits in the ID for the circuit (5726:24) are something else?

ID numbers are assigned dynamically now (as of several Minecraft versions ago, I think; idk exactly when it changed, since I haven't really played pre-1.7.10 significantly), so Minetweaker uses internal names instead (which NEI Integration can be configured to show)

According to NEI Integration, that is the correct fluid id string.

• Official Post

ID numbers are assigned dynamically now (as of several Minecraft versions ago, I think; idk exactly when it changed, since I haven't really played pre-1.7.10 significantly)

It was the 1.7 update that changed to use names over IDs. The actual IDs that blocks and items are set are pretty much useless as they're world (and mod installation) dependent.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It was the 1.7 update that changed to use names over IDs. The actual IDs that blocks and items are set are pretty much useless as they're world (and mod installation) dependent.

Cables and Wires are gt.blockmachines, not gt.metaitem.01.
    So:

Code
    mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1246>, <gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1240>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24>, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);

• Thanks for the quick answer, sadly it didnt work.
    While the script loads fine, the recipe doesent show up in NEI.
    Its the same outcome as if I replaced the circuit with stone.

Since you wrote "gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24" I assume that the first four digits in the ID for the circuit (5726:24) are something else?

Here is a featured piece of code that will work to add molten rubber assemble recipes for all your cables:

Edited once, last by leagris: Fixed swapped order of ingredient and output item for Red Alloy Cables ().

• One thing I want to mention here: these Minetweaker assembler recipes you've been throwing around will consume the circuits. To avoid that, use a quantity of 0 on the circuits, e.g.:

Code
    mods.gregtech.Assembler.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1246>, <gregtech:gt.blockmachines:1240>, <gregtech:gt.integrated_circuit:24> * 0, <liquid:molten.rubber> * 144, 100, 8);

Cables and Wires are gt.blockmachines, not gt.metaitem.01.

True. gt.metaitem.01:1240 and gt.metaitem.01:1246 would be for small dusts of material ids 240 and 246 if they were assigned, but the closest is material id 241 for platinum sludge dust.

• ok, who can solve my confusion today... Need an electric motor to make the basic diesel generator. The problem with this is, to make the electric motor, you need magnetic iron rod... in order to make magnetic iron rod, you need machines that run on... electricity... it's self defeating... unless there's a recipe not in NEI that explains how to do this? So, how do i get a magnetic iron rod in the steam / bronze age to progress?

nvm, found it by accident. well, not 100% by accident. Googled the issue and found a PDF so that we could use Red Stone with Iron Rods to "charge them". Tried it out and viola, magnetized iron rods. Wouldn't hurt to add recipe to NEI

i will go out and say this though. compared to the youtube tutorials i saw, the new recipes... are a bit ridiculous... i know there's been a huge debate over this very topic, but i have to side with the people that there's a difference between more difficult and just plain tedium for tedium sake. Really wish there was a config file for "old recipes" vs "new recipes". A difference between needing roughly 30 Steel to almost 2 stacks of steel is not a slight increase in difficulty... not to mention that if someone has found a vein of iron to actually start the process, they more than likely have enough. It's just a waste of time waiting for that slow ass furnace to smelt the iron into steel... That's not difficulty, that's just plain waste of time tedium.

• And finally.... Red Alloy Wire... how to get that... i have no seen anything called red alloy, or is there an ore i'm missing?

managed to figure that one out too via google search... redstone + copper... not sure i have enough redstone, i haven't found as much of that as others. Only 34 or so of those.... well, here's hoping.

wow, and with only 7 sulfur, that was close... really close, but... ELECTRICAL AGE legit style... yeah, now i see why people making the Youtube doing this... i should have, and might have to start again and do it myself to show how with newer updated versions... this is insanity... pure insanity...

or not... need a few more sulfur... *sigh* back the mine....

• And finally.... Red Alloy Wire... how to get that... i have no seen anything called red alloy, or is there an ore i'm missing?

You get it from putting copper with 4 redstone dust into an alloy furnace. You get the wire from putting the ingot into a wiremill or hammering the ingots into plates which you can then cut into a wire with a wire cutter.

Quoted from "MauveCloud"
    One thing I want to mention here: these Minetweaker assembler recipes you've been throwing around will consume the circuits. To avoid that, use a quantity of 0 on the circuits, e.g.:
    Thank you for pointing this out.
    I fixed my scripts.
    Here is the latest addition with alternate molten rubber recipes for U/LV cables:
    https://github.com/Beyond-Reality/Beyond…ch.zs#L386-L486

Thank you so much! this is way more than I expected and it works perfectly.
    Maybe if I ask 50 more times I'll have it all figured out ? :D

• Look for a Red Alloy ingot recipe in the Alloy Smelter.

• I want to make a fusion reactor recipe for 125mB Argon plasma from 16mB molten beryllium and 16mB molten silicon, but the script doesn't seem to be working. What am I doing wrong here?

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.addRecipe(<liquid:molten.beryllium> * 16, <liquid:molten.silicon> * 16, <liquid:plasma.argon> * 125, 16, 4096, 10000000);

• I want to make a fusion reactor recipe for 125mB Argon plasma from 16mB molten beryllium and 16mB molten silicon, but the script doesn't seem to be working. What am I doing wrong here?

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.addRecipe(<liquid:molten.beryllium> * 16, <liquid:molten.silicon> * 16, <liquid:plasma.argon> * 125, 16, 4096, 10000000);

For one thing, the output comes first, so try this instead (which I just verified works for me, though I haven't figured out how good the game-balance of the recipe is):

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.addRecipe(<liquid:plasma.argon> * 125, <liquid:molten.beryllium> * 16, <liquid:molten.silicon> * 16, 16, 4096, 10000000);

• As we are on the topic of MT Scripts. What Scripts do you guys use? Be it for balance or convenience ;)

Here are the scripts I'm using at the moment, minus the Argon plasma recipe I only added to check it:
    electriclighter.zs (requires the small electric lighter addon):

Code
    recipes.remove(<ElectricLighter:electricLighter>);
    recipes.addShaped(<ElectricLighter:electricLighter>, 
    [[<IC2:itemCable:10>, null, <IC2:itemCable:10>],
    [<ore:craftingWireTin>, null, <ore:craftingWireTin>],
    [<ore:craftingWireTin>, <ore:batteryBasic>, <ore:craftingWireTin>]]);
    recipes.addShaped(<ElectricLighter:electricLighter>, 
    [[<ore:wireGt01Tin>, null, <ore:wireGt01Tin>],
    [<ore:craftingWireTin>, null, <ore:craftingWireTin>],
    [<ore:craftingWireTin>, <ore:batteryBasic>, <ore:craftingWireTin>]]);

Makes the electric lighter recipe be a sparker instead of a flint and steel with a small power unit (which doesn't make much sense to me)

gregtech.zs:

Code
    import mods.gregtech.Electrolyzer;

// 16 carbon dust from 1 graphite dust (more than from coal, but less than from diamond dust)
    Electrolyzer.addRecipe([<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:2010>*16], null, <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:2865>, null, null, [10000], 192, 30);

mariculture.zs:

Code
    <ore:ingotAluminum>.addAll(<ore:ingotAluminium>);

// Calcite dust from Mariculture limestone
    mods.ic2.Macerator.addRecipe(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:2823>, <Mariculture:limestone>);

Now that I think about them, I guess they're more for convenience than for balance :D