[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• What about using the numbered circuit do do it? Have one setting for mining and then remove it or use a diffrent one to retract the pipes and have it be placed in the multi block controllers inventory.

I see a small problem with that: currently the controller's inventory slot is used for mining pipes for both the drilling rig and the advanced miner ii.

• I see a small problem with that: currently the controller's inventory slot is used for mining pipes for both the drilling rig and the advanced miner ii.

Ill be honest I completely forgot about that. Considering how much distance the miner might have to travel, if it works the same as the ic2 ones never really used, I would of thought it would use a input bus for all the pipes.

• It looks like one needs to use a pickaxe (or a tool that counts as one, such as a drill) to recover the mining pipes

Mining Laser in "Long-Range" mode are much better. It can "mine" about 2 stacks of mining pipes for only 3 or 4 shots.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Mining Laser in "Long-Range" mode are much better. It can "mine" about 2 stacks of mining pipes for only 3 or 4 shots.

Some things you seem to be forgetting there:
    1. Crafting a mining laser requires at least an advanced circuit and an HV autoclave (for the energy crystal), more in 5.09.26 which changes the recipe to require the IV-tier circuit and a EV-tier emitter (among other changes), so one would not reasonably have one when first drilling for oil.
    2. Using the mining laser is lossy - you often don't recover all the blocks you break when doing that (see Mining laser reduced effectiveness in 1.10.2? for details I found about that). You'll lose extra pipes if there's lava below for them to fall into.
    3. You can stand on mining pipe while pickaxing/drilling it, but if you use a mining laser in long-range mode on it while standing on it (or jump down after), I'm fairly sure you'll fall far enough to lose both some health and some durability from rubber boots (possibly far enough to die if not wearing rubber boots or having another form of fall protection, though I'm less certain of that).

• 1. You right. But soon or the later everyone will have it.
    2. Crap :(
    3. Jetpack are much cheaper than Mining Laser. So fall damage is not a problem

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• You make a good point there. And now I notice that the Oil Cracking Unit, which has a controller made with HV components, uses rings of cupronickel Coils. WTH? The other multiblock machines that can use kanthal coils, the EBF and the Multi Smelter, can use cupronickel and nichrome coils as alternatives, with changes in functionality (different heating capacities for the EBF, and different numbers of concurrent smelted items for the multi smelter), so maybe something similar could be done for the pyrolyse oven, e.g. allow biomass and simple charcoal production with cupronickel coils, but require kanthal to get the efficiency/speed increase from adding nitrogen, and require nichrome for making heavy oil.

This was last mentioned a few months ago, but I feel that it's worthy to bring up again. I think it would be a fantastic idea to introduce coil tiers into the Pyrolyse Oven (Cupronickel for normal wood to charcoal, Kanthal for the Nitrogen recipes, and Nichrome for heavy oil), which would suitably balance it at MV tier.

• This was last mentioned a few months ago, but I feel that it's worthy to bring up again. I think it would be a fantastic idea to introduce coil tiers into the Pyrolyse Oven (Cupronickel for normal wood to charcoal, Kanthal for the Nitrogen recipes, and Nichrome for heavy oil), which would suitably balance it at MV tier.

Actually, there's a new complication as of 5.09.23: heating coils no longer max out at Nichrome. It's now possible to make coil blocks out of tungstensteel, HSS-G, naquadah, and naquadah alloy as well. Any ideas on what those should do for the Pyrolyse Oven?

• Actually, there's a new complication as of 5.09.23: heating coils no longer max out at Nichrome. It's now possible to make coil blocks out of tungstensteel, HSS-G, naquadah, and naquadah alloy as well. Any ideas on what those should do for the Pyrolyse Oven?

Perhaps overclock without efficiency loss?

i.e. tungsten steel on a Nichrome recipe requires 2x energy for 2x speed.
    and to limit the speed HSS-G on Nichrome is 3x for 3x
    and tungsten steel on Kanthal is 3x for 3x as well, etc.
    Additionally, you may want to increase the base recipe duration.

Or, tungsten steel on Cupronickel recipe is 2x energy for 2x speed,
    HSS-G is 2x/2x on Cupronickel and Kanthal,
    naquadah is 2x/2x on all recipes, and
    naquadah-alloy is 3x/3x on all recipes.

Just inserting ideas.

• To be honest, I don't really see the need for the use of coil tiers higher than Nichrome. By the time Tungstensteel and the other high-end materials can be afforded, the Pyrolyse Oven will be quite obsolete, especially with the new pollution mechanic. I originally brought this issue up because I felt that Kanthal coils (which require HV recipes and a vacuum freezer) is a rather imbalanced requirement for a thoroughly MV multiblock, but feel free to add more ideas though. They spice up the game a lot!

• Hi, I'm tried to run gt1.10.2 but got a exeption:

[15:34:33] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Caught exception from GregTech (gregtech)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ic2/core/item/ItemUpgradeModule$UpgradeType
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_91]

only mods used:
    gregtech-5.10.06
    industrialcraft-2-2.6.129-ex110
    jei (tried without, no luck)
    Forge Mod Loader version 12.18.3.2185

can you advice me something on that?

• Official Post

You'll want to use IC2 2.6.107 or below until GT updates to 108+

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey there! I'm not sure if this has been suggested (or if it's already implemented somehow) but I was wondering if it would be possible to use data sticks to save locations for the gt teleporter. I use it a bit and manually changing the coordinates each time is a little annoying. Maybe shift right clicking with the data stick saves the coords and right clicking with one with data saved sets the stored location? It would be really neat to be able to name them as well or something.

Also on the topic of heating coils for the pyrolyse oven I like the idea the multi smelter uses where it'll process in the same time but maybe use more input for more output. Nichrome is double the logs for double the heavy oil output. I just enjoy having machines that can be made earlier on and then progressed later on. Nitro diesel set ups can still produce 6k eu/t with a large engine and oxygen with lpg, naphtha,and methane as bi products for large gas turbines as well.

• Official Post

I once made something that reduced Lag massively in GT6

I overwrote the markDirty Function in my TileEntities to do nothing, this has caused the RAM usage to go down massively, not to mention that the Function is only used by Comparators and doesnt work properly anyways, so maybe you should add the following Code to the Base TileEntities

@Override public void markDirty() {/* Do not do the super Function */}

• I've got a plastics line up and running, and as part of that I'm desulfinating Naphtha. This creates two H2S cells, which I then empty by creating sulfuric acid. I'd like to recycle those cells automatically, but one has to go to the fluid canning unit to fill up with hydrogen, and the other has to go to the chem reactor.

Is there a graceful way to split the empty cell output between these two machines? The brute-force method is to have 128 cells in the system. Once either machine has a full stack of 64, it won't accept any more, so the remainder will go to the other one.

• I've got a plastics line up and running, and as part of that I'm desulfinating Naphtha. This creates two H2S cells, which I then empty by creating sulfuric acid. I'd like to recycle those cells automatically, but one has to go to the fluid canning unit to fill up with hydrogen, and the other has to go to the chem reactor.

Is there a graceful way to split the empty cell output between these two machines? The brute-force method is to have 128 cells in the system. Once either machine has a full stack of 64, it won't accept any more, so the remainder will go to the other one.

If you have a piping system (e.g. Ender IO) with round robin settings you can use that. Personally I just clog the system up with 128 cells though.

Edit: ok round robin doesn't work because of the different processing times of the machines. I've never tried it but I've seen people recommend logistics pipes if you have them installed.

• If you have a piping system (e.g. Ender IO) with round robin settings you can use that. Personally I just clog the system up with 128 cells though.

Edit: ok round robin doesn't work because of the different processing times of the machines. I've never tried it but I've seen people recommend logistics pipes if you have them installed.

If you have extra utilities you can use transfer nodes with hyper rationing pipes.

• Another automation question:

I'm thinking about building a Large Steel Boiler. It's more steam than I need right now, but my current array of 24 high pressure steam boilers isn't quite up to my steam demands most of the time. They also require significant maintenance (re-stoking and ash clearing), and I'd like to get away from that.

I've experimented with one in a Creative testbed world, and I believe I've got a handle on the mechanics. Except for the life of me, I can't find any easy way to shut it off automatically when my 7 million L steam tank is full. I can stop delivering fuel, but there's still a minimum of 4 full stacks of fuel (256 blocks) in the input bus. That's going to continue to burn even if it's not needed.

Conveyors won't remove fuel from the input bus, and the Machine Control cover doesn't appear to work.

Am I missing something? Or is the writing off the fuel currently in the input bus, or removing it by hand (which defeats the purpose) the only solution?

The main reason I'm looking at a Large Steel Boiler, by the way, is that I have a steady stream of wood (and thus charcoal) from a Forestry tree multi-farm. Steam's the only way to convert that to energy until I can build a Pyroluse Oven, and that's a long way in the future since that requires Kanthal coils, a Vaccuum Freezer to make those, and high-voltage tech in general. I'm just barely into Medium Voltage.

• Could you post a picture of the setup you tried with the machine controller? I haven't tried it with a large boiler, but I've used it before with the pyrolyse oven and distillation tower, so I'd expect it to work with the large boiler.

A couple of other things: 1. if it doesn't work, you can limit your wasted fuel to 1 stack by using a ULV input bus, 2. just because you have a Forestry multifarm doesn't seem like sufficient reason to insist on continuing to use steam. Personally, I think around MV tech is when you should upgrade to some sort of gas turbine or diesel generator fuel.