[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• That's not how you're supposed to do it.

The API provides everything required to create a fully functional adv. machine addon (EnergyNet/battery/wrench interaction, recipe import, recipe ingredients) without linking to core files. The addon does need to duplicate some of our code ofc, but as soon as you've done that it doesn't matter at all if/how our internal TEs/structures change.

We'll try to create some example code for how to use the API correctly and probably also add some of our utility stuff to the API (networking code, client/server abstraction, audio (after the rewrite), keyboard synchronization, gui handling etc.) once it's stable enough and time allows to do so.

Yeah thats the problem - that little 'utility' list is all the stuff you can't just guess at. I was thinking about building a "block addition kit" so that all that pain could be centralized but to be honest it needs to be part of the API so I don't think I'm going to do that. In the meantime poor Zipp has to decompile IC2 . I've decided against writing another mod (and removed Iron Chest's dependency on IC2) because of this lack of transparency and extreme difficulty for maintainance.

• Yeah thats the problem - that little 'utility' list is all the stuff you can't just guess at. I was thinking about building a "block addition kit" so that all that pain could be centralized but to be honest it needs to be part of the API so I don't think I'm going to do that. In the meantime poor Zipp has to decompile IC2 . I've decided against writing another mod (and removed Iron Chest's dependency on IC2) because of this lack of transparency and extreme difficulty for maintainance.

Well the API for IC2 has gotten a lot better in its implementation and what it does contain, however I do have to say that the API isn't 100% straight forward and would require some better documentation along with example to explain everything. On the other hand Advanced Machines should of never of relied so heavily on the TileEntities from the core of IC2, trying to decompile a massive project like IC2 is always going to have issues.

I hate to sound so mean but there have been some statements on how this new Advanced Machines is rewritten from the ground up and from what I can see it doesn't seem to be like that, from the looks of it Zipp has taken a lot of the coding from IC2 and made some changes and is implementing that instead. My thoughts is that Zipp should of written his own TileEntity that implements everything he needs from the API and written it from scratch and have all the machines extend that. Most of the issues at the moment is because of the minor rewrites of the copies from IC2's base files. This style of coding just seems like it was hacked together and is failing because IC2 is expanding in leaps and bounds that are to advanced for any addons to be dependent on the core of IC2.

• Well the API for IC2 has gotten a lot better in its implementation and what it does contain, however I do have to say that the API isn't 100% straight forward and would require some better documentation along with example to explain everything. On the other hand Advanced Machines should of never of relied so heavily on the TileEntities from the core of IC2, trying to decompile a massive project like IC2 is always going to have issues.

I hate to sound so mean but there have been some statements on how this new Advanced Machines is rewritten from the ground up and from what I can see it doesn't seem to be like that, from the looks of it Zipp has taken a lot of the coding from IC2 and made some changes and is implementing that instead. My thoughts is that Zipp should of written his own TileEntity that implements everything he needs from the API and written it from scratch and have all the machines extend that. Most of the issues at the moment is because of the minor rewrites of the copies from IC2's base files. This style of coding just seems like it was hacked together and is failing because IC2 is expanding in leaps and bounds that are to advanced for any addons to be dependent on the core of IC2.

To stsnd in Zipp's defence here when I temporarily took the reigns I hooked the core a lot more because I was confident I could keep up with it. Zipp has had to revert to the older code base that was basically decompiled everything up to NMS. The problem is that the API doesn't tell you how to use any of it so either you guess and copy the code from up the stack ( hoping the core doesn't change drastically in the mean time ) or you try and build it all yourself. I know that given those two choices I 'm just walking away. Which is sad because I have some ideas but they're not going to happen unless the API becomes useable.

• I noticed that the solar arrays didn't have any special sprites, they pretty much look the same as normal solar panels
    I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I was bored so I spend a few minutes making different sprites for them.

the design from the MFS/MFU were used to make these solar array sprites, and I thought you may like them and use them.

they are not that special, but it'd be nice to see the different between LV/MV/HV solar arrays.
    as you can see the on/off state is slightly different

• I'm using advanced this on bukkit atm, and as previously stated, the existing advanced machines dont work, the solar panels work fine (night and day though) and there dont appear to be any errors in world loading.

• java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_IC2AdvancedMachines, method: load signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1743)

at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1728)

at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:268)

at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1321)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:820)

at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)

at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)

• Hey, I just downloaded this, and tried to run it along the other mods I have, the same mix as Direwolf20 have.

But, I ran into the following error, and I can see I am not the only one that has it. I haven't been able to deduce the fix for it from this thread though, even after reading a fair few pages back. Either I am blind, or there are no solution yet?

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Hey, I just downloaded this, and tried to run it along the other mods I have, the same mix as Direwolf20 have.

But, I ran into the following error, and I can see I am not the only one that has it. I haven't been able to deduce the fix for it from this thread though, even after reading a fair few pages back. Either I am blind, or there are no solution yet?

Seems Adv. machines does not like you, or one of your other mods. Currently I have installed IC2, BC, Add. Pipes, BC/IC crossover, Nether ores, Adv. machines installed. the Only problem I have with Adv. Machines is, the Machines does not work in SMP, thou the solar panels does - My/our Minecrafts does not crahs - try to test Adv. machines against each mod....

/MG0

• In Bukkit version work only Solar Arrays. Adv. machines not receive energy from wire and energy storage. It's receive only if attached to Solar Array (without wire). Inventory work strange when opened GUI of machines. In SSP mode all work ok.

• A bit confused. I might be a newbie coder but from what I see this is hardly using the new API and I thought the whole delay was so it would use the new api and break less on updates? That and this hardly works lol

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• A bit confused. I might be a newbie coder but from what I see this is hardly using the new API and I thought the whole delay was so it would use the new api and break less on updates? That and this hardly works lol

Porting from a version that was based heavily on the core of IC2 (hence Zip having to decompile IC2's jar everytime), to a version that is based on the API is taxing enough. So of course there will be some bugs, and please do keep in mind that this IS a beta.

• Will there ever be compressed watermills or windmills?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I cant seem to edit the Solar power energy yield in the IC2.cfg

I had it at 50 which would mean the solar panels gave 0.5 eu not 1. Now after I installed this mod the EU will always give out at 1 regardless of what I change the value to. Please try and fix this. I hate Solar panels giving out 1 eu each its to OP in my opinion.