April fools joke.

• Official Post

Yes, this was an early April 1st joke.
    I'm sorry for anyone, we upset, but IC2 and RF? Really?

• This...does not make me happy to hear at all. Ditching the EU system is going to cause IC2 to lose its core identity as people demand it play more and more like the other RF mods - which most RF-using devs will tell you is The Right Way, as variance is bad and compatibility equals conformity - something not helped by the fact that EU is/was the last of the original power systems yet to be steamrolled by RF. Combine that with how asie said that ditching MJ was perhaps the biggest mistake in the history of BuildCraft, and I think you are making a very serious mistake if you care about IC2 as a mod defined by its playstyle and design rather than sheer popularity.

• Combine that with how asie said that ditching MJ was perhaps the biggest mistake in the history of BuildCraft, and I think you are making a very serious mistake if you care about IC2 as a mod defined by its playstyle and design rather than sheer popularity.

Ditching MJ was nowhere near the biggest mistake - it was actually a good decision in hindsight, as it means the mod still exists and can be enjoyed. One of the biggest mistakes was probably the lockdown of the MJ API by CovertJaguar, which is the single event that created RF in the first place and caused BuildCraft's downfall.

• We still have you and greg Reika. Both of you must carry the "No RF Torch".

All of our hopes rest upon the shoulders of a canadian dragon and a german evil genius.

... Thank Dome the two of them get along

• Just want to know if the cables and mecanismes will be preserved like the bc transition to rf
    If not, this will be the saddest day in the history of minecraft modding.
    The e-net itself is the reason that I stick with IC2 and reject the use of thermal expansion, of courese currently I've been using uncomplication to maintain it's playability

Edit: Is there any possibility for ic2 to be open-source?

• Thanks for making a great mod over the past few years but, this is a sad day for every ic2 fan that was clinging on. The main reason why people still played ic2 was because it didnt use the RF api.

This might be the final nail in the coffin, I am going to try it out with an open mind anyhow.

• This is a sad day for the modding community. Its sad to see EU go and follow the herd. Hopefully other mods will spring up or will replace the uniqueness that IC2 had. Thank you for your service Enet. Thank You.

• Can I quickly suggest something? I don't want you to get rid of the heat-based power systems, but giving it a new name would be nice. Also, please add new mechanics to make it more interesting. My idea is Glowstone Flux (gF). Moved using molten glowstone, much like how heat is moved through mlten salt in real life. Any heat-based machinery will output Glowstone Dust which would be re-melted and put back into the system. KU should go, but keep the wind generator for RF.

• Can I quickly suggest something? I don't want you to get rid of the heat-based power systems, but giving it a new name would be nice. Also, please add new mechanics to make it more interesting. My idea is Glowstone Flux (gF). Moved using molten glowstone, much like how heat is moved through mlten salt in real life. Any heat-based machinery will output Glowstone Dust which would be re-melted and put back into the system. KU should go, but keep the wind generator for RF.

What's wrong with the kinetic system?

• What's wrong with the kinetic system?

Nothing really, but there's only one machine that runs on it, which is a PITA to set up and does barely anything. If we can think of more uses (and a clever name) for it, it'd actually be pretty nice, but for now, it isn't the best.

• Nothing really, but there's only one machine that runs on it, which is a PITA to set up and does barely anything. If we can think of more uses (and a clever name) for it, it'd actually be pretty nice, but for now, it isn't the best.

There are multiple sources of kinetic energy. Would you rather have several versions of each of the consumers? Like one hand-cranked lathe, one steam powered, one electric etc?

• I don't think there's much doubt that EU has been supplanted by RF, because it's simplicity appealed to the mainstream...but there was still a core underground following loyal to IC2 in it's original manifestation. The majority had already ditched IC2 in favour of TE, EnderIO, and the like....so why defile the legacy of IC2 and alienate the few that still enjoyed it as it was?

Obviously, I speak only for myself, but I don't see myself ever using an RF IC2, and tbh you shouldn't have ported it if you were going to go in this direction. I'll echo what the others have said....thank god for Reika and Greg.

:(

• I am really sad for dropping EU. WHY you rather won't incorporate Greg's EU system???????????

Because Gregtech 6 is for MC 1.7.10, I'd guess.
    But who knows, maybe greg kept it in mind and made it so it would be easy to carry over, he's our evil German genius after all :D